Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why do you feel we inevitably leak goals?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Great going forward today and looked class for half an hour.Even when we were 3 goals up I had a feeling that we were going to stop playing and leak goals at the other end. If Gyepes had not scored when he did we would have been hanging on at the death so why do we just stop playing and let teams back in? It seems to be happening to us on a regular basis and may cost us at the end of the season if we cannot sort it out in time.How many goals do we have to score before we can relax in a game because at 3 nil up we should have been cruising for the rest of the game.

Re: Why do you feel we inevitably leak goals?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 pm

I thought Hudson was man of the match today,but the weakness always seems to come from small skillful midfield players running through our defensive midfield. ie. today and at Norwich. We need a ball winning defensive midfielder to break up these runners my vote goes for Brown he is not going to give you a 40yds defence splitting pass but he may stop the other teams midfield .Once the ball is won then our more creative players can get on with what they do best.
Just my thoughts on the subject.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:41 am

Good points

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:55 am

iangibson wrote:I thought Hudson was man of the match today,but the weakness always seems to come from small skillful midfield players running through our defensive midfield. ie. today and at Norwich. We need a ball winning defensive midfielder to break up these runners my vote goes for Brown he is not going to give you a 40yds defence splitting pass but he may stop the other teams midfield .Once the ball is won then our more creative players can get on with what they do best.
Just my thoughts on the subject.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Isnt this what oli is meant to do? I think we should sign brown to give oli some competition.