Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We was lucky today!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Good grief, don't we always make it hard for ourselves! 3-0 up and coasting, then we concede straight after our 3rd goal. A long throw, flick on and Buckley is totally unmarked to score! Watford then dominate the rest of the first half and I said to my mates at half time that if Watford score an early goal second half, we will throw it away.

The woodwork and a goal ruled out for offside saved us (it did look offside to be fair), but I was expecting another Peterborough to happen. No other team would have let Watford back into the game like we did, let's be honest, Watford missed a few sitters today and we was really lucky.

DJ really needs to wake up, when Watford were running the game, why not switch to 4-5-1? Why not put Parkin on to hold the ball up to take the pressure off? Our defense is the weakness, yet DJ thinks let's sign another midfielder, let's sign another attacker and let's keep trying to outscore teams. It isn't going to happen!

I hope this Keinan is good, otherwise it's going to be a long hard struggle until the end of the season. If we didn't have Hudson and McNaughton out there today, we would have lost, despite scoring 4 goals. The fact we have to outscore teams and score at least 3 goals to have a decent chance of winning any game, shows how weak we are defensively; and when I say weak defensively, I mean weak as a team defensively. We need legs in the middle of the park to hustle, close down and stop us getting overrun, although our defense is still the obvious weak area and DJ seems reluctant to do anything about it!

Re: We was lucky today!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Total rubbish

What about the Leeds game?

We have had this defence all season and have been 2nd most of the season???

Your talking rubbish- Watford are a very very strong team-our midfield let us down for watfords goals today

we were defensively excellent against leeds....

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:33 pm

we wern't lucky! :lol:

Just we scored more than them! ;)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Our defence basically saved us again. Hudson and Naylor were superb (again), Quinn was OK and McNaughton is, well, superman !

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Good grief, don't we always make it hard for ourselves! 3-0 up and coasting, then we concede straight after our 3rd goal. A long throw, flick on and Buckley is totally unmarked to score! Watford then dominate the rest of the first half and I said to my mates at half time that if Watford score an early goal second half, we will throw it away.

The woodwork and a goal ruled out for offside saved us (it did look offside to be fair), but I was expecting another Peterborough to happen. No other team would have let Watford back into the game like we did, let's be honest, Watford missed a few sitters today and we was really lucky.

DJ really needs to wake up, when Watford were running the game, why not switch to 4-5-1? Why not put Parkin on to hold the ball up to take the pressure off? Our defense is the weakness, yet DJ thinks let's sign another midfielder, let's sign another attacker and let's keep trying to outscore teams. It isn't going to happen!

I hope this Keinan is good, otherwise it's going to be a long hard struggle until the end of the season. If we didn't have Hudson and McNaughton out there today, we would have lost, despite scoring 4 goals. The fact we have to outscore teams and score at least 3 goals to have a decent chance of winning any game, shows how weak we are defensively; and when I say weak defensively, I mean weak as a team defensively. We need legs in the middle of the park to hustle, close down and stop us getting overrun, although our defense is still the obvious weak area and DJ seems reluctant to do anything about it!

Moan.......moan....moan!!!! we won against a team which has one its last 7 games and our attacking was breathtaking in the first half.........3 points, very precious points...........stop bloody moaning!!!!!! :twisted:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 pm

We scored 3 great goals, then as usual we gift Watford a goal. We are not ruthless enough at closing games out and that's why I think we are a soft touch. Yes, we are second because we win games, but we win games because we outscore teams, not because we defend well! We have a group of players who lack character and sulk when they don't get decisions, or things don't go their way. Be honest, if Watford equalised to make it 3-3, who do you think would have gone on to win? Definitely not us in my opinion!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Your cup is obviously half empty................. we won 3-0!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Your cup is obviously half empty................. we won 3-0!!!!!!!!!

Look, I am delighted as anyone we won today. It's just frustrating that if we defend as a team as well as we attack as a team, we would probably already be promoted, that's the frustrating thing! We won 4-2 by the way ;)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Your cup is obviously half empty................. we won 3-0!!!!!!!!!

Look, I am delighted as anyone we won today. It's just frustrating that if we defend as a team as well as we attack as a team, we would probably already be promoted, that's the frustrating thing! We won 4-2 by the way ;)

:oops: and i won £50 on predicting the score :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

:oops: and i won £50 on predicting the score :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Haha well done mate! :ayatollah: