Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Diffreance to our pre match singing home and away....

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:11 pm

At home its non existant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHb05wSl5wI

Away we never shut up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92rb0FotJg

Why is this? do you reckon its because plastics dont go to the away games or is it the stadium? :ayatollah:

The first video from the home game was by somone else not sure who.
the second was filmed by me at reading this year :ayatollah:

Re: Diffreance to our pre match singing home and away....

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Are you implying that if you don't go to away games you are a plastic :evil:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Could it be because when we play away we all have to sit/stand together plus the fact that we are all commited fans. The problem with the CCS is the true fans are fragmented thus reducing the noise made. What needs to happen is the club and fans have to get together and get a plan in place to get everyone together. It will take time but with everyone's cooperation it can be done.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:24 pm

[quote="bethanmattsgrampy"]Could it be because when we play away we all have to sit/stand together plus the fact that we are all commited fans. The problem with the CCS is the true fans are fragmented thus reducing the noise made. What needs to happen is the club and fans have to get together and get a plan in place to get everyone together. It will take time but with everyone's cooperation it can be done.[
VERY good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:27 pm

sparky.1927 wrote:Are you implying that if you don't go to away games you are a plastic :evil:

No im not :ayatollah: i know many good cardiff fans who don't travel away

i was just saying at away games we seem to sing more, even people who dont sing at home sing away WHY? :ayatollah:

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Could it be because when we play away we all have to sit/stand together plus the fact that we are all commited fans. The problem with the CCS is the true fans are fragmented thus reducing the noise made. What needs to happen is the club and fans have to get together and get a plan in place to get everyone together. It will take time but with everyone's cooperation it can be done.

That is a fantastic post :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Its because all the proper fans go to away games! its also more of an occasion. Also we are all STANDING!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Ryan_bluebird wrote:Its because all the proper fans go to away games! its also more of an occasion. Also we are all STANDING!!

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Ryan_bluebird wrote:Its because all the proper fans go to away games! its also more of an occasion. Also we are all STANDING!!

I work till 11.30 on saturdays and only get 1 in 6 saturdays off meaning that I'm only able to attend a few away games every season but have only missed a handful of home games in the past 36 years. Am I not a proper fan

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm

adamt958 wrote:
sparky.1927 wrote:Are you implying that if you don't go to away games you are a plastic :evil:

i was just saying at away games we seem to sing more, even people who dont sing at home sing away WHY? :ayatollah:

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Could it be because when we play away we all have to sit/stand together plus the fact that we are all commited fans. The problem with the CCS is the true fans are fragmented thus reducing the noise made. What needs to happen is the club and fans have to get together and get a plan in place to get everyone together. It will take time but with everyone's cooperation it can be done.

i think what you mean is plastics dont bother going to away games ??????

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 pm

ashccfc wrote:
adamt958 wrote:

Thats it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Well it was all over this board that the atmosphere for the stoke game would be better because the "plastics" wouldn't be there. The atmosphere was still crap. And then people had the cheek to moan that the plastics didn't turn up against Stoke :roll:

Jesus Christ, I swear that some City fans will never be happy. Its always moan moan moan. Its not unique to our club, all clubs fans are louder away.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

ashccfc wrote:
adamt958 wrote:

I know blokes that have followed City for over 20 years and never been away and you are calling these people plastics. I think thats a bit of an insult to be fair mate

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm

i said i wasn't calling them plastics :roll:
as i said i also know people who follow city but don't go away, by plastic i mean the people that don't really care, or sing and are just there for the big games if you get me?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:15 pm

adamt958 wrote:At home its non existant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHb05wSl5wI

Away we never shut up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92rb0FotJg

Why is this? do you reckon its because plastics dont go to the away games or is it the stadium? :ayatollah:

The first video from the home game was by somone else not sure who.
the second was filmed by me at reading this year :ayatollah:

Also for away matches the vast majority of the fans are inside the ground at least half an hour before the game. Half an hor before a home game the stadium has a couple of thousand people in it at most.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Well, to start with you can hardly compare a video from a deflated crowd in the first game after a playoff final defeat - in the scarves r us family stand to boot - with the finest away support in the land.

We might not take the numbers some clubs do but by God we rival them with noise.

And you know why?

It's because we don't give a shit.

It's because it's us against them, a tiny pocket of like minded folk against a greater number of (foreign :lol:) enemies. It's defiance, it's attitude, it's "We're here, where are you?" and it's "We're so, so proud to be Cardiff City supporters.

There's a totally different mindset to away games as anyone who does both home and away games will surely be only too aware of.

That, plus, the apathy that comes from being forced to sit down (never happened to me at away games) amongst a bunch of people who just aren't interested in singing is infectious.

To be fair, on this messageboard you're preaching to the converted as nobody on here will be anything but a devoted City fan (except the Jacks, the Queer Park fans etc). :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: