Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tactics

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

I think DJ has a really difficult decision to make about our system. Think it's obvious to all that the back four come under lots of pressure as our midfield are all forward thinking.

I honestly think our best system would be 4-3-3, specially now we got Rambo. This formation suits Bellamy (see Man City form last season) and would suit JET as Arsenal play that way from youth team up. This would allow 3 in midfield to cover across the pitch and hopefully protect our back 4.

The problem is Chopra, superb player but doesn't fit a 4-3-3.

Personally i'd go 4-3-3 with this team

Heaton
Quinn
Hudson
Kev (or new guy)
Naylor (or Kev.)

Olly
drinks/whitts
rambo/ mcpahil

Jet
Jay
Bellamy.

Any thoughts chaps/chapettes??

Re: Tactics

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Think I prefer 4-4-2 but i guess jet or chops could track back. Im a little bit worried on drinkwaters form, i know he ain tplayed a lot but against stoke it was as if he did not want to be there. I guess burke is going to be on bench for rest of season unless there are injuries? We just need to find some concistency in midfield now

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:58 pm

APART FROM DRINKY MOST OF OUR MF ARE CREATIVE PLAYERS,WE ARE LACKING A BIT OF' DOG' IN MF, WHITTS DEFENSIVE SKILLS ARE SHITE WHEN HE DOES TRY TO TACKLE HIS TIMING IS SO BAD HE MORE OFTEN THAN NOT GIVES AWAY A FREE KICK
MCFAIL IS A LITTLE BETTER OLI WELL IMO HE HAS GONE OFF THE BOIL,BUT DOES TEND TO PLAY BETTER ALONG SIDE DRINKY
BUT DRINKY NEEDS TO IMPROVE HIS FITNESS... :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:13 pm

vikinblue wrote:APART FROM DRINKY MOST OF OUR MF ARE CREATIVE PLAYERS,WE ARE LACKING A BIT OF' DOG' IN MF, WHITTS DEFENSIVE SKILLS ARE SHITE WHEN HE DOES TRY TO TACKLE HIS TIMING IS SO BAD HE MORE OFTEN THAN NOT GIVES AWAY A FREE KICK
MCFAIL IS A LITTLE BETTER OLI WELL IMO HE HAS GONE OFF THE BOIL,BUT DOES TEND TO PLAY BETTER ALONG SIDE DRINKY

I don't understand why Oli has changed his role so much? He was immense when he 1st came, he just sat in front of the back 4 and 'mopped up'. Now he pushes forward a lot more, we don't need that-got tonnes of attacking players doing that!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:21 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
vikinblue wrote:APART FROM DRINKY MOST OF OUR MF ARE CREATIVE PLAYERS,WE ARE LACKING A BIT OF' DOG' IN MF, WHITTS DEFENSIVE SKILLS ARE SHITE WHEN HE DOES TRY TO TACKLE HIS TIMING IS SO BAD HE MORE OFTEN THAN NOT GIVES AWAY A FREE KICK

I don't understand why Oli has changed his role so much? He was immense when he 1st came, he just sat in front of the back 4 and 'mopped up'. Now he pushes forward a lot more, we don't need that-got tonnes of attacking players doing that!! :ayatollah:

It's because Dave likes someone like McPhail or Whitts to sit back, and pick out passes.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:23 pm

SteW wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:

It's because Dave likes someone like McPhail or Whitts to sit back, and pick out passes.

But neither of them are the best tacklers in the world? Mind Oli's passing is a little scarey at the moment!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 pm

We do play 4-3-3 most games, mostly the games when witts is on the "wing"

-----------------------Heaton-----------------------
-Quinn-------Hudson----McNaughton-----Naylor-
--------Whittingham-Oly-McPhail-----------------
-----Chopra--------Parkin--------Bellamy---------

thats what we played a few games ago, but its fluid so it changes in different situations,

-----------------------Heaton-----------------------
-Quinn-------Hudson----McNaughton-----Naylor-
-Whittingham----Oly-----McPhail--------Bellamy-
-----------------Chopra--------Parkin---------------