Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

why are there so many stewards at CCS,

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm

got to be honest i never really noticed them at N.P,but at CCS there seems to be thousands around the ground,every staircase into the grange end has 2 at the top,they told a couple of lads in the back row of the grange end to sit down yesterday,thou i have had no issues with them it does seem that its only a matter of time before something happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: why are there so many stewards at CCS,

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:52 pm

I was thinking the same thing, maybe its a goverment work experience course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Maybe they're cheaper than police?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:03 pm

SteW wrote:Maybe they're cheaper than police?

very good point :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:20 pm

retards day out?

sunshine coach workers?

nonces anony

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 pm

there was one in the canton aisle104,he was a f*cking big fat lump of a steward they sent him to the back of the canton
by the time he got there he was bollacks and wanted oxygen :D

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:04 pm

The stewards are really getting out of control. I saw yesterday one middle age fan at the very final row of the family stand stand up and applaud Gyepes late goal and was still clapping the goal when everyone had sat down. A steward told him to sit down and he replied "why who am I hurting, its not as if im blocking someones view as I am in the back row and I am only clapping and not even chanting". The steward could not answer his reply but kept yelling for him to sit down. All the crowd near me thought the steward was out of order and we all told her so about 50 of us, it was only then did the she relent and leave him alone.The whole situation was ridiculous and needs to be sorted.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:06 pm

signalman wrote:there was one in the canton aisle104,he was a f*cking big fat lump of a steward they sent him to the back of the canton
by the time he got there he was bollacks and wanted oxygen :D

that made me chuckle!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:34 pm

I've not had any problems with the stewards, always find them helpful. Perhaps you lot should take a look at yourselves, I appreciate that you will get one or two annoying stewards as you would in any stadium but on the whole they're a good bunch.
Whoever referred to them as "nonces" is out of order, they're given a job to do and they do it. I find the catering staff a tedious bunch who insist on given change in coins instead of notes, THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm

A lot more stewards than usual in Block 117 yesterday, not sure why.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

More fans = More stewards

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:A lot more stewards than usual in Block 117 yesterday, not sure why.

They're trying to clampdown on fans even more than usual now. The one steward with any manners told me this. He said the club want to get 117 'pacified' in time for the Premiership, and warned me that I'll regret missing out on seeing us in the Prem next year if I got banned.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:50 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:A lot more stewards than usual in Block 117 yesterday, not sure why.

They're trying to clampdown on fans even more than usual now. The one steward with any manners told me this. He said the club want to get 117 'pacified' in time for the Premiership, and warned me that I'll regret missing out on seeing us in the Prem next year if I got banned.

Only got told to sit down once, they didn't bother after that. No doubt letters will be sent in the post again.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:00 pm

I've got about 5 of them ready to pounce on me as soon as I stand up. Even in the second half when everyone down the front was standing, the supervisor was gesticulating to me.

My dog will probably eat my letter :ayatollah: