Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Riggott

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:03 am

In the daily mirror this morning it says that cardiff have cancelled his contract by mutual consent, seems a bit strange to me as he was on pay as you play deal so if hes not playing he wont get paid anyway so why cancel it ,let him use facilities to see if he can get fit and we could use him again, if he cant then we don't lose anything as he's not being paid while he dont play

Re: Chris Riggott

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 am

I feel really sorry for the guy - he looked pure quality against Coventry and he must be well hacked off that what was obviously a top career has been so blighted by injury. I wish him well as he seemed like a good bloke too.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:08 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:I feel really sorry for the guy - he looked pure quality against Coventry and he must be well hacked off that what was obviously a top career has been so blighted by injury. I wish him well as he seemed like a good bloke too.

Absolutely spot on

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am

Totally agree with you and i think they should still give him a chance to see if he can get back because i was under the impression that the injury this time was different to the one that kept him out for so long,and it is quite common place when you come back from a long injury you pick up other niggles when 1st coming back

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 am

If true good luck to him must be gutted! Looked like he could have been what we were looking for at the back.

At least he was part of the defence that kept our only clean sheet in 17 games :ayatollah: !

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:24 am

Thats why i think they should give him a chance if it doesn't cost anything because they are not paying him for not playing , he could just be fit as we get to the premiership-great player to have on board then :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 am

YES GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE !! IF HE IS ONLY ON PAY AS YOU PLAY WHAT THE HELL YOU GOT TO LOOSE ?
ALL WE ARE SAYING , IS GIVE CHRIS A CHANCE , ALL WE ARE SAYING , IS GIVE CHRIS A CHANCE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:50 am

romfordbluebird wrote:Totally agree with you and i think they should still give him a chance to see if he can get back because i was under the impression that the injury this time was different to the one that kept him out for so long,and it is quite common place when you come back from a long injury you pick up other niggles when 1st coming back

He's had consistent injuries the past 3 seasons. Don't forget we didn't throw him in the first day he signed, was held back for quite a while whilst fitness et al sorted.

When people say "pay as you play", it usually means a low salary, remainder made up by payment appearances. Nobody seriously believes he's been at the club for months totally unpaid.

Re: Chris Riggott RESPECT

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Lets continue to show some respect for Chris here lads, no one knows the full story (yet)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:08 pm

No-one disrespecting Chris here just saying he should be given until the end of the season before terminating his contract imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:31 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:YES GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE !! IF HE IS ONLY ON PAY AS YOU PLAY WHAT THE HELL YOU GOT TO LOOSE ?
ALL WE ARE SAYING , IS GIVE CHRIS A CHANCE , ALL WE ARE SAYING , IS GIVE CHRIS A CHANCE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Dont feel too sorry for him, he has had a good career and is probably loaded. Could have done more but he has played in the premiership and in an European final

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 pm

i think the medical team have told him, your playing days are over,