Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WOMEN IN FOOTBALL

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Merlin wrote:Richard fails to quote my perfectly reasonable reply! :old: :lol:

I havent failed, I live in a house full of women and the back of my head is burning.

OK I maybe old fashioned in my ways, I just remember football being much more fun when it was a man's day out.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Claire wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Outside of sport, try the divorce courts and child custody

But we are discussing netball and football, where in these cases does equality not work both ways?

Ok, in the lineswoman case. Linesmen, refs and other officials are constantly being slated by panelis/pundits, footballers & managers. If it was a linesman they were joking slating would they have been suspended.........?

Your replies are becoming more and more irrelevant! They were desriminating against HER.... They aren't usually going to say "a man linesman, would you believe it! Does he even know the offside rule". It would just be brushed away as usual as an offficials bad error and nothing more would be said! In this case they persisted to abuse the fact that she was a woman... I suggest you go and view the script of the recorded conversation again... ;)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I don't see the difference between female officials and female footballers.

Either let female footballers play in the professional leagues or remove female officials.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:35 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

I havent failed, I live in a house full of women and the back of my head is burning.

OK I maybe old fashioned in my ways, I just remember football being much more fun when it was a man's day out.

Your digging a deeper hole for yourself rich! :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Dafydd wrote:I don't see the difference between female officials and female footballers.

Either let female footballers play in the professional leagues or remove female officials.

Are you suggesting women play in mens teams? :|

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:38 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
Claire wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Outside of sport, try the divorce courts and child custody

But we are discussing netball and football, where in these cases does equality not work both ways?

Claire, I wouldn't bother arguing. Going by Richard's answer regarding women sharing showers/divorce courts etc its clear his issue is not with women officials at football, its with WOMEN in general. Obviously he has some sort of dislike of all women.

I'm going to hazard a guess that his wife took him to the cleaners when he got divorced. And Ben..........well..............enough said :lol:

Nope, wrong see. I love women & surprisingly respect you all in general and my misses loves me far too much to divorce me, Im too much a good thing ;) I do all the housework and the cooking, she may beat the shit out of me after reading this though :lol:

All Im saying is would they got suspended if it was a linesman or David Sullivan they were sarcastically slatting.........?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Merlin wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Your digging a deeper hole for yourself rich! :lol:

How am I, the 70's & 80s was much more fun. If the older ones was honest they'd say the same, it was a lads day out.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
Dafydd wrote:I don't see the difference between female officials and female footballers.

Are you suggesting women play in mens teams? :|

Holy f**k :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Ok, in the lineswoman case. Linesmen, refs and other officials are constantly being slated by panelis/pundits, footballers & managers. If it was a linesman they were joking slating would they have been suspended.........?[/quote]

Your replies are becoming more and more irrelevant! They were desriminating against HER.... They aren't usually going to say "a man linesman, would you believe it! Does he even know the offside rule". It would just be brushed away as usual as an offficials bad error and nothing more would be said! In this case they persisted to abuse the fact that she was a woman... I suggest you go and view the script of the recorded conversation again... ;)[/quote]

It was laddish behaviour and supposedly said in private as in NOT FOR THE PUBLIC. I bet a woman left the mic on :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Merlin wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Claire wrote:

Ok, in the lineswoman case. Linesmen, refs and other officials are constantly being slated by panelis/pundits, footballers & managers. If it was a linesman they were joking slating would they have been suspended.........?

Your replies are becoming more and more irrelevant! They were desriminating against HER.... They aren't usually going to say "a man linesman, would you believe it! Does he even know the offside rule". It would just be brushed away as usual as an offficials bad error and nothing more would be said! In this case they persisted to abuse the fact that she was a woman... I suggest you go and view the script of the recorded conversation again... ;)

Well said!

I would be interested to see what Richard's view would be if they had said that all black people don't know the offside rule?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Ben wrote:women is just the start, you'll have towel heads who can't speak english as refs and they'll need a interpreter running around with them, all this equal oppertunities crap

There is help out there for people like you, you know!

Perhaps an anger management course/race relations course followed by an English Language course may help :oops:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm done here now! I'm looking for some aspirin..... :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Your replies are becoming more and more irrelevant! They were desriminating against HER.... They aren't usually going to say "a man linesman, would you believe it! Does he even know the offside rule". It would just be brushed away as usual as an offficials bad error and nothing more would be said! In this case they persisted to abuse the fact that she was a woman... I suggest you go and view the script of the recorded conversation again... ;)[/quote]

Well said!

I would be interested to see what Richard's view would be if they had said that all black people don't know the offside rule?[/quote]

Oh come on be honest it a big fuss made out of off the cuff remarks, nothing to do with race. I dont know why you brought that up. Personally I think the FA & Sky are having a laugh with their PC quotes, when the likes of Sky and their billions have ruined the game.

This lady has got it spot on

Former England women's cricket captain Rachel Heyhoe-Flint was supportive of Keys and Gray and described their exchange as "banter".

"I know Richard and Andy very well indeed," she told 5 live. "These were tongue-in-cheek comments and we are blowing something enormously out of proportion here."

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Merlin wrote:I'm done here now! I'm looking for some aspirin..... :lol:

JUDAS :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:58 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Oh come on be honest it a big fuss made out of off the cuff remarks, nothing to do with race. I dont know why you brought that up. Personally I think the FA & Sky are having a laugh with their PC quotes, when the likes of Sky and their billions have ruined the game.

Former England women's cricket captain Rachel Heyhoe-Flint was supportive of Keys and Gray and described their exchange as "banter".

"I know Richard and Andy very well indeed," she told 5 live. "These were tongue-in-cheek comments and we are blowing something enormously out of proportion here."

I have brought race into it because it is no different discriminating against someones sex as it is there race or sexuality!!

From that reply I take it you think it would be wrong to say that all black people don't know the offside rule? So why is it different saying that all women don't know the offside rule?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Claire wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Your replies are becoming more and more irrelevant! They were desriminating against HER.... They aren't usually going to say "a man linesman, would you believe it! Does he even know the offside rule". It would just be brushed away as usual as an offficials bad error and nothing more would be said! In this case they persisted to abuse the fact that she was a woman... I suggest you go and view the script of the recorded conversation again... ;)

Well said!

I would be interested to see what Richard's view would be if they had said that all black people don't know the offside rule?

Oh come on be honest it a big fuss made out of off the cuff remarks, nothing to do with race. I dont know why you brought that up. Personally I think the FA & Sky are having a laugh with their PC quotes, when the likes of Sky and their billions have ruined the game.

"I know Richard and Andy very well indeed," she told 5 live. "These were tongue-in-cheek comments and we are blowing something enormously out of proportion here."[/quote]

I have brought race into it because it is no different discriminating against someones sex as it is there race or sexuality!!

From that reply I take it you think it would be wrong to say that all black people don't know the offside rule? So why is it different saying that all women don't know the offside rule?[/quote]

Claire, how many times have we heard these comments about a referee or linesman irrespective of their sex or race. So why all the fuss now, Im sure you have in watching the City made tongue-in-cheek comments about the officials. Yes we have to respect others but it was merely as stated "tongue-in-cheek"

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
Claire wrote:

Claire, I wouldn't bother arguing. Going by Richard's answer regarding women sharing showers/divorce courts etc its clear his issue is not with women officials at football, its with WOMEN in general. Obviously he has some sort of dislike of all women.

I'm going to hazard a guess that his wife took him to the cleaners when he got divorced. And Ben..........well..............enough said :lol:

why are you bringing me into this??

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm

But we are discussing netball and football, where in these cases does equality not work both ways?[/quote]

Claire, I wouldn't bother arguing. Going by Richard's answer regarding women sharing showers/divorce courts etc its clear his issue is not with women officials at football, its with WOMEN in general. Obviously he has some sort of dislike of all women. Same as Ben.

I'm going to hazard a guess that his wife took him to the cleaners when he got divorced. And Ben..........well..............enough said :lol:[/quote]

why are you bringing me into this?? have you looked in the mirror recently?[/quote]

Maybe because you made a racial remark and no need to get personal.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 pm

i recieved a personal remark, i knew what she was onabout, wish people would leave me the f**k alone

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

I feel that some male posters on here are using this incident as an opportunity to slate women in general, regarding their involvement in football.

Men coach womens football, women don't throw a strop over it. Other sports too. Men officiate female football matches, women don't throw a strop.

Gray and Keyes didn't even sound like they were joking, they sounded really bitchy and childish. Which they were, as the lineswoman PROVED.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm not normally sexist but when it comes to football I cant help it. I watched a womens world cup game a few years back and it was an unbelievably shit standard. I reckon Newport County could win the womens World Cup