Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sexism on the forum

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm

not sure how we got to a debate on mrs t, but while i understand the anger she also did a lot of good, encouraging self reliance, standing up for our country and yeah i feel sorry for the miners, my gt grandfather was one, if the pits were losing money, were the rest of us supposed to carry those losses forever?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am

Sergeant Dribble wrote:
Forestbluebirds wrote:She epitmises evertything wrong with this country. Everyone for themselves. How can you spout her rhetoric on here when she destroyed the miners. Bollocks to you.

I really don't want to bring politics into this, it's a football forum.

at the risk of pointing out the obvious, with that avatar you already did.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 am

Woman prime minister :shock: there will be women football officials next :D

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:I know who seargant dribble is :ayatollah:

me to :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 am

I feel sorry for the girl!
but whats the world coming too ?

she'd only be a victum of sexist and sexual drunken slurs anyway might aswel go back to womans football where she belongs :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 am

It's amazing how what people find acceptable or not is so subjective. I read some comments which I found hard to agree with about the gay dad episode but I didn't comment because I have some views that other people will find unacceptable. I find it amazing when someone kicks off saying sexism is unacceptable but will then display signs of homophobia.

It reminds me of this woman who complained about Frankie Boyle when she went to one of his gigs. She was asked why she found it offensive if she knew what he was like and she said 'well, I didn't think he'd joke about people this that disability'... funny isn't it. Some people clearly think they can pick and choose what is deemed acceptable.

I don't agree with a fair amount of stuff said but I also agree with a lot of things. I won't ever slag anyone off for their comments because it's their views. I will struggle to understand certain view points but that's it. People can think what they want.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 am

Zabier wrote:It's amazing how what people find acceptable or not is so subjective. I read some comments which I found hard to agree with about the gay dad episode but I didn't comment because I have some views that other people will find unacceptable. I find it amazing when someone kicks off saying sexism is unacceptable but will then display signs of homophobia.

It reminds me of this woman who complained about Frankie Boyle when she went to one of his gigs. She was asked why she found it offensive if she knew what he was like and she said 'well, I didn't think he'd joke about people this that disability'... funny isn't it. Some people clearly think they can pick and choose what is deemed acceptable.

I don't agree with a fair amount of stuff said but I also agree with a lot of things. I won't ever slag anyone off for their comments because it's their views. I will struggle to understand certain view points but that's it. People can think what they want.

finally some sense :lol: good post mate!! im not sure i have actually given my opinion :oops: , i have just posted jokes ;)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 am

Christ Almighty you go on about not talking about politics but you have a picture of Maggies Thatch as your aviator. Also political correctness is political bullshit. Reinstate the Sky two I say

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 am

Zabier wrote:It's amazing how what people find acceptable or not is so subjective. I read some comments which I found hard to agree with about the gay dad episode but I didn't comment because I have some views that other people will find unacceptable. I find it amazing when someone kicks off saying sexism is unacceptable but will then display signs of homophobia.

This was the sort of reason reply I was after, as for the woman who went to see Frankie Boyle, ffs you know the sort of humour Boyle is going to use in his gigs, if you don't like/agree with it then why go?
I'm not one for controversy but I was angered with what I read yesterday so thought I'd voice my opinion, that is all.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Christ Almighty you go on about not talking about politics but you have a picture of Maggies Thatch as your aviator. Also political correctness is political bullshit. Reinstate the Sky two I say

Thought it was only Gray that got the boot :? :? :?