Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Ninian Stand to Canton stand initiative

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Now has to gather momentum imo as the renewal forms have been issued. My seat has been at the back of the Canton since the stadium opened (formerly Grange end in Nin) and I look forward to the atmosphere every game, always rowdy etc.

We need to get all the 'boys' in there and get it proper bouncin, which imo will ignite the whole place. The away fans can be left to get on with their own thing now, its too on top steward wise etc at CCS and the fun element is being drained slowly in that respect.

Lets all be in the Canton as one as show the Prem (when we get there) how Wales' finest do it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Ninian Stand to Canton stand initiative

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 pm

JonScam wrote:Now has to gather momentum imo as the renewal forms have been issued. My seat has been at the back of the Canton since the stadium opened (formerly Grange end in Nin) and I look forward to the atmosphere every game, always rowdy etc.

We need to get all the 'boys' in there and get it proper bouncin, which imo will ignite the whole place. The away fans can be left to get on with their own thing now, its too on top steward wise etc at CCS and the fun element is being drained slowly in that respect.

Lets all be in the Canton as one as show the Prem (when we get there) how Wales' finest do it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If they give us 250 Seats as proposed by them, then Def Yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can you post your post in here for Gethin Jenkins to read

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34157 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JonScam wrote:Now has to gather momentum imo as the renewal forms have been issued. My seat has been at the back of the Canton since the stadium opened (formerly Grange end in Nin) and I look forward to the atmosphere every game, always rowdy etc.

If they give us 250 Seats as proposed by them, then Def Yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can you post your post in here for Gethin Jenkins to read

Happy days...yeh just posted it on that thread as well :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34157 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:45 pm

My view is the atmosphere and crack amongst the fans is better near the away support.
I think by moving people to the canton this maybe lost, as alot of people say they cant here the away support from there.

Thats why I think the A block grandstand was so good. With no trouble.
There must be enough spare seats in blocks 116 or 115.

Just my thoughts

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:My view is the atmosphere and crack amongst the fans is better near the away support.
I think by moving people to the canton this maybe lost, as alot of people say they cant here the away support from there.

Thats why I think the A block grandstand was so good. With no trouble.
There must be enough spare seats in blocks 116 or 115.

Just my thoughts

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I actually don't really have a preference or opinion on which is the best. But I thought someone made a good point yesterday when they pointed out that our main job as fans is to provide support for our team, its not to have banter with the away fans.

If providing that support is accumplished better by getting everyone together in the same place like the Canton Stand, then that must be a good thing?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Banter leads to better atmosphere and hence better support

Just my view
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: