Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

?????

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Info taking from website. What you think?

''A recent survey carried out by Planetfootball.com saw Swansea fans not even vote Newport into their top three rivalries, instead finishing behind Cardiff, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers, while Cardiff fans voted that they considered Bristol City, known as the Severnside derby, to be more of a rivalry than Newport.''

Re: ?????

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 pm

chippy909 wrote:Info taking from website. What you think?

''A recent survey carried out by Planetfootball.com saw Swansea fans not even vote Newport into their top three rivalries, instead finishing behind Cardiff, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers, while Cardiff fans voted that they considered Bristol City, known as the Severnside derby, to be more of a rivalry than Newport.''

I think you need to be a supporter of a certain age ( :old: :lol: :lol: ) to vote Newport as a rival, or be from the Newport area to know what the Newport view is.

It's been a fair few years since they have both been in the same leagues, so younger fans may not be aware.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:21 am

Claire wrote:
chippy909 wrote:Info taking from website. What you think?

I think you need to be a supporter of a certain age ( :old: :lol: :lol: ) to vote Newport as a rival, or be from the Newport area to know what the Newport view is.

It's been a fair few years since they have both been in the same leagues, so younger fans may not be aware.

Im only 16 but i know how much newport dislike us after the FAW Premier cup tie at ninian in 2007/08 :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:32 am

did you go to that game, county played f**k all over cardiff that day :?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:25 am

milly44 wrote:did you go to that game, county played f**k all over cardiff that day :?
you was one of them :o

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 am

also when calling teams rivals its down to the number of times they play each other over the seasons aswell as locations etc , so back in the 70's its was always Swansea and the 2 Bristols we played more often than not with Wrexham thrown in for good measure ! Newport played the odd game before they went out of the League and out of existance ............... I can even remember City playing an FA Cup 1st round tie away to Ton Pentre of all places :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 am

Vintage 63 wrote:also when calling teams rivals its down to the number of times they play each other over the seasons aswell as locations etc , so back in the 70's its was always Swansea and the 2 Bristols we played more often than not with Wrexham thrown in for good measure ! Newport played the odd game before they went out of the League and out of existance ............... I can even remember City playing an FA Cup 1st round tie away to Ton Pentre of all places :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ton Pentre! now we are talking about rivals...... :lol: