Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Lego sponsor our ground?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:28 pm

A lot of people may not like this but i think Lego should sponsor our stadium. It would be different and would also shut up our neighbours down the road, as they would lose their ammunition in taking the mick, just like when we sing 1 nil to the sheep shaggers against English sides.

Thoughts?

Re: Should Lego sponsor our ground?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Shminky Binky wrote:A lot of people may not like this but i think Lego should sponsor our stadium. It would be different and would also shut up our neighbours down the road, as they would lose their ammunition in taking the mick, just like when we sing 1 nil to the sheep shaggers against English sides.

Thoughts?

why lego??? :?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Shminky Binky wrote:A lot of people may not like this but i think Lego should sponsor our stadium. It would be different and would also shut up our neighbours down the road, as they would lose their ammunition in taking the mick, just like when we sing 1 nil to the sheep shaggers against English sides.

Thoughts?

Have you ever been to the CCS?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I think it would be brilliant if they did

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

typenamehere wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

Thoughts?

Have you ever been to the CCS?

yes, season ticket holder, im worried because im clearly missing something obvious :p

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:39 pm

I think its a great idea, its a bit like the reversal of sheep shaggers, they call our stadium Lego land, we officially name it Lego land, as Kevin Keegan once said " I WOULD LOVE IT" 8-)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:39 pm

http://images.teamtalk.com/09/07/800x60 ... 326477.jpg

They look like lego bricks along the side..

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Thoughts?[/quote]

why lego??? :?[/quote]

Have you ever been to the CCS?[/quote]

yes, season ticket holder, im worried because im clearly missing something obvious :p[/quote]

It is only called Lego by our neighbours because the cladding is coloured and more pronounced. The Liberty is just a grey concrete bland sort of colour.

I for one don't mind the calling our stadium the Lego stadium. The name Lego actually means "Play well".
So there you have it, The Play Well Stadium! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The company name Lego was coined by Christiansen from the Danish phrase leg godt, which means "play well". The name could also be interpreted as "I put together" and "I assemble" in Latin, though this would be a somewhat forced application of the general sense "I collect; I gather; I learn"; the word is most used in the derived sense "I read".

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... Gotcha !!! :oops: