Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City Business Club

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:Is there one..? and if not do you think its a good idea..?

Explain a bit more, your idea?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 pm

i am up for that

the painting contractor that done the new stadium couldnt give a flying f**k about city

as where as i do :D

www.midglamdecorators.co.uk

look out for the chunky hunk in the photo :D

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:13 pm

baz they didnt leave runs like your lot lol xxxxxxxx

only one company in cardiff www.mccann-builders.co.uk simply the best helped the club for over a decade

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:58 am

the person who had the painting contract down the new stadiam do give a f**k about the club he as followed them for many years he used to be a season ticket holder in a block now he is in e23 so please if you have anything to say to him his name is darren gilbert im sure he will be happy to here from you at the next match

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 am

therealjimmyscoular wrote:the person who had the painting contract down the new stadiam do give a f**k about the club he as followed them for many years he used to be a season ticket holder in a block now he is in e23 so please if you have anything to say to him his name is darren gilbert im sure he will be happy to here from you at the next match

no its not it was classic decorators, and r+m williams who i may say follow and support the egg....so there :D

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:51 am

mallo wrote:baz they didnt leave runs like your lot lol xxxxxxxx

only one company in cardiff http://www.mccann-builders.co.uk simply the best helped the club for over a decade

hi mallo mate lol

at least my boys get better and bigger runs than our midfield :lol:

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 am

Midfield general wrote:Well I'm sure that people inside the boardroom and on the terraces are involved in business. Well lets help each other out through this economic climate by trying to do business with each other.

Maybe a monthly breakfast club within the ground could become more and more popular and then the business marry-go-round can start from there.

The reason I'd like this is because I'm annoyed the club which I've supported for years prefer to deal with my competitors rather than myself when I know that I would do a cheaper deal and my competitors have never stepped in Ninian Park nevermind CCS.

I know of two companys that worked on the new stadium that are both run by City Diehards.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 am

oh and this is run by an ex City steward and fan

http://www.costadelsolrentals.org/

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:14 pm

This, in its initial stages, appears to be a great idea. I think it would help to boost the community spirit at the club. Maybe target other businesses that could help increase the club's profile as well?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:40 pm

2/3 years ago there was a cardiff city business club i remember it being advertised in the matchday programme and it listed the company names and the type of business not sure wether this is still going but it doesnt seem like it is.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 pm

it definatley happened i remember reading it in a programme and showing it to a mate of mine to see if it is was of any interest to him

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:Well anyone know why nothing coe of it then..? Probably wasn't advertised well hense why only one person has ever heard of it. lol

check the City programme Vs Sheff weds 07/04/07 the business club is advertised in there :lol:

also Annis a great pic in that programme of Warren Vs Sunderland taking out their keeper :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Yeh, they deffo had one, used to meet in the Marriot in City centre, not sure if they used to have breakfeats meetings, run for a few months then died a death I think.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Yeh, they deffo had one, used to meet in the Marriot in City centre, not sure if they used to have breakfeats meetings, run for a few months then died a death I think.

thanks Gwyn I'm glad someone else remembers :lol:

it was run by Kate Schmidt :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:38 pm

The Premier club was meant to be something like a business club and networking with a business club type approach to it. Regular meeting were mentioned and a busines directory for city fans and businesses .

Hasn't happened as yet.. There was a diary which was quite good with a few adverts inside

Perhaps this will change with the Premier club re-launch... 9 days for that to happen as well!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Was Definetly business club. I am general Manger of Tarmac in Wales ,we used too be in it but it died a death after 2 meetings i think.We have supported the club for past 10 or so years via kit sponsorship,regular match + programme sponsorship and regular dinners and tickets on hospiatlity areas. Have 4 seats in premier club,although i am season ticket holder elsewhere. but unlike few years ago club never contacts us about anything ie Paul Merson dinner next week?
Marketing is worse than ever. would prefer them to give free tickets to local companies in premier seats as it is really impressive to attract them in future.We never speculate to accumalate.
We have done work cheaply at Ninian via Nashy and did all blcaktop to new stadium. Again very cheap as we couldnt stand seeing competitor working there.

Get it going we would join again.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:15 pm

good post dinky :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 pm

dinkypoohblue wrote:Was Definetly business club. I am general Manger of Tarmac in Wales ,we used too be in it but it died a death after 2 meetings i think.We have supported the club for past 10 or so years via kit sponsorship,regular match + programme sponsorship and regular dinners and tickets on hospiatlity areas. Have 4 seats in premier club,although i am season ticket holder elsewhere. but unlike few years ago club never contacts us about anything ie Paul Merson dinner next week?
Marketing is worse than ever. would prefer them to give free tickets to local companies in premier seats as it is really impressive to attract them in future.We never speculate to accumalate.
We have done work cheaply at Ninian via Nashy and did all blcaktop to new stadium. Again very cheap as we couldnt stand seeing competitor working there.

Get it going we would join again.

welcome to the board

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I get e mails regularly from Premier Club and the Commercial department about Premier club events and other associated things. I think I have had one every day this week about something going on.

The last one was about the Stereophonics concert and the offer they are running.

Dear Members,

We are excited to announce that the Stereophonics will be live in concert at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday 5th June 2010.

This is what we class as a clean stadium event which means the concert is not run by either the football club or the rugby club but the stadium and concert promoters. Therefore this concert is not included within your Premier Club membership but as always we have endeavoured to look after our clients.

As a result we have been given a very limited allocation of hospitality tickets which will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

The hospitality packages on offer are-

Package 1

Ticket & Meal-
£99 (inclusive of vat) per ticket
Level 3 ticket and a 3 course meal

Package 2

Ticket Only-
£45 (inclusive of vat) plus a £2.50 booking fee per ticket
Level 4 ticket only

We will be selling the above packages from 9am tomorrow morning (Friday 22nd Jan) on a first come first serve basis.

To purchase your tickets please telephone 0845 217 1927

Standard concert tickets at £35 plus booking fee can be purchased via-

www.kililive.com– 0871 231 0843
www.ticketmaster.co.uk- 0844 847 2331
www.ticketlineuk.com- 02920 230130
www.gigantic.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Cardiff City Football Club