Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Radio's at workplace

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Does a company have to have a licence for it's workers to listen to the radio at it's workplace(factory), if yes any idea what it cost's.

Re: Radio's at workplace

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:13 pm

not sure on the cost but i think it depends how many are employed there, i know my work place stopped us listening to the radio due to the cost about 2 years ago... apparently they were getting mail demanding money ... :?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 pm

yeah you do have to pay, i think it goes up in brackets but the number of employees etc.

i know in work to show the world cup on our tv's they had to fork out about £5000, i hear they charge per tv too

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

The company i work for banned radios, nice of them .But believe it or not it was the best thing that happened :ayatollah:
most people purchased radio headphones safetyones because its a factory and complied to H S & E REGS they couldn't do jack shit about it .Lads in work have got digital radios and plug fm senders into them then broadcast radio 5 live or any digi radio channel out on a fm frequency.

employer doesn't mind because radios not blasting or competing with each other , no arguments over radio channels you listen to what you want as loud as your headphones permit happy days. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PELTOR-WORKTUNES- ... 3f010a04b5

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

bluebird94 wrote:Does a company have to have a licence for it's workers to listen to the radio at it's workplace(factory), if yes any idea what it cost's.

Your company needs to buy a licence from the Performing Rights Soceity and depending on how many employees the cost can run into Thousands of £ per year. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

I think its to do with broadcasting .... if a certain amount of people can hear it then a license is required.

Thats how my employer got around it, by us wearing headphones ,only the wearer can here the radio thus not broadcasting.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PELTOR-WORKTUNES- ... 3f010a04b5