Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CANTON STAND FLAG DAY

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Fellow canton mob,starting on Tuesday against reading lets turn up the heat, lets get the stand rocking. :ayatollah:

Re: CANTON STAND FLAG DAY

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:11 pm

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:Fellow canton mob,starting on Tuesday against reading lets turn up the heat, lets get the stand rocking. :ayatollah:

Great idea.
:ayatollah:
No Union jacks though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:Fellow canton mob,starting on Tuesday against reading lets turn up the heat, lets get the stand rocking. :ayatollah:

Great idea.

Why O Why should there be any Ujack in the ground ? that flag is nothing to do with us.
of course they will be up the away fans end but never never should they have them in or around the ground

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:11 pm

LETS DO IIITTTTT, i have no flag but i have a scarf ;)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 am

Atmosphere is awful in Stadium, can't see it being any different Tuesday. Im a season ticket holder in the Canton and it does need livening up.

Let's be honest though we don't even have any decent songs.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:30 am

Workie wrote:Atmosphere is awful in Stadium, can't see it being any different Tuesday. Im a season ticket holder in the Canton and it does need livening up.

Let's be honest though we don't even have any decent songs.

Come on everyone needs to feel positive about the new proposals of the Canton !

We support a great club, promotion on the way. Lets get behind the team and make the final push !

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm

bleed_blue wrote:LETS DO IIITTTTT, i have no flag but i have a scarf ;)

Take a spare City shirt and swing that around too or we can hold them out in front of us when singing "the greatest team in football".....I think it would look pretty damned effective...especially if a few thousand of us do it. And it would be unique to us too !!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 pm

I tried to get an official flag day bought into by the club last season, wouldnt have taken much effort mention in the prior home game programme etc.. sadly no reply from the club fell on deaf ears etc... would be great to promote a flag day even if one game per season, many other clubs do it and it would look tremendous :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:20 pm

could Annis organize anything for Tuesday night do you reckon ?

It would be amazing if it happened. And like you said, It wouldnt be difficult really, Just bring flags and scarfs :D

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I tried to get an official flag day bought into by the club last season, wouldnt have taken much effort mention in the prior home game programme etc.. sadly no reply from the club fell on deaf ears etc... would be great to promote a flag day even if one game per season, many other clubs do it and it would look tremendous :ayatollah:

YEp seeing we have the best flag in the world your right. mined you there alot of part time Welshmen on here that wouldnt agree and wouldnt give a Dam. But I reckon yep good Idea. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:23 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:

Great idea.

Why not? IS there any rules to a "flag day"? I have seen Irish flags in the past so why not take a UJ?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Great idea.

Why not? IS there any rules to a "flag day"? I have seen Irish flags in the past so why not take a UJ?

What the hell has a U jack flag got to do with Wales if your Welsh ? if your not Welsh well ok

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:34 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:What the hell has a U jack flag got to do with Wales if your Welsh ? if your not Welsh well ok

Out of curiosity, do you ever travel abroad? If so, could you tell me what passport you have?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:What the hell has a U jack flag got to do with Wales if your Welsh ? if your not Welsh well ok

Out of curiosity, do you ever travel abroad? If so, could you tell me what passport you have?

Yes I do and the Passport Im forced to hold a British ,but i hold it in a welsh passport cover.
Also your so wrong about Welsh only useful in North Wales, alot of people In the south use it also.
And alot of english who has moved into Wales has learned it, and even more so in North Wales.
Also Im sure people do know they speak english in North Wales also.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm

are we going to be waving the flags or hanging them up?
i'll be taking a scarf just incase but to wave them would look great :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

Yes I do and the Passport Im forced to hold a British ,but i hold it in a welsh passport cover.
Also your so wrong about Welsh only useful in North Wales, alot of people In the south use it also.
And alot of english who has moved into Wales has learned it, and even more so in North Wales.
Also Im sure people do know they speak english in North Wales also.

I dont think I have ever heard two people ever have a conversation in Welsh.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Well you need to get out and around then,I have just been to Asad where a mother little boy and sister were all speaking in Welsh. And an Old lady that was near them said thats lovely to hear you speaking to your Mam in Welsh .
And whats My passport got to do with anything ?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:11 pm

You live a strange life Billy and very narrow minded -- i am a trainer in my profession and today i ran a course in CARDIFF for 6 people - 5 of them were fluent welsh speakers and the other, along with myself could speak a little I intend to become a welsh teacher in the next 3 years as i am proud of the language which is one of the oldest in Europe and was around 100's of years before english........if you only choose to speak one language thats your choice but please don't make silly comments you can't back up. :old:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:You live a strange life Billy and very narrow minded -- i am a trainer in my profession and today i ran a course in CARDIFF for 6 people - 5 of them were fluent welsh speakers and the other, along with myself could speak a little I intend to become a welsh teacher in the next 3 years as i am proud of the language which is one of the oldest in Europe and was around 100's of years before english........if you only choose to speak one language thats your choice but please don't make silly comments you can't back up. :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Great idea.

Why O Why should there be any Ujack in the ground ? that flag is nothing to do with us.
of course they will be up the away fans end but never never should they have them in or around the ground

grow up it has something to do with me and alot of other welsh people

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Wales in not on the Union Jack and so if you are welsh it is 100% nothing whatsoever to do with us as we are not represented on it in any shape of form.........can that be any clearer??

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Wales in not on the Union Jack and so if you are welsh it is 100% nothing whatsoever to do with us as we are not represented on it in any shape of form.........can that be any clearer??

im welsh i was born in wales but have english and scotish blood so yes the union jack does represent me you ignorant twerp.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:You live a strange life Billy and very narrow minded -- i am a trainer in my profession and today i ran a course in CARDIFF for 6 people - 5 of them were fluent welsh speakers and the other, along with myself could speak a little I intend to become a welsh teacher in the next 3 years as i am proud of the language which is one of the oldest in Europe and was around 100's of years before english........if you only choose to speak one language thats your choice but please don't make silly comments you can't back up. :old:

I can only go by what I witness in life and I have never seen two people have a conversation in Welsh.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm

I've seen two people on S4C speaking welsh but that's about it:?

I also spotted some presenter off S4C in the lounge of the Ninian too, but he was on his own so that's schizophrenia

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 pm

I have always liked the continental supporters, drums, trumpets sound really great, what do you all think

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 pm

I've heard Welsh quite a lot to be honest. I don't understand these people who moan about the bi-lingual signs and letters etc. It's certainly necessary from my experience. We even have two people in our 5 a side team who speak Welsh to each other. It's all preference though. Why argue? We're all Cardiff fans. Arguing over which flags to bring makes us look like a bunch of retards, seriously.

Bring whatever flag you f*cking want. Even if it's an English one. If it's in our end and they're supporting our club I couldn't give a shit.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:33 pm

the drummer at reading realy pissed me off, not sure i could put up with that,someone with a trumpet would be ok. does anybody know one, or maybe a guitar : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 pm

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:the drummer at reading realy pissed me off, not sure i could put up with that,someone with a trumpet would be ok. does anybody know one, or maybe a guitar : :lol: :lol: :lol:

A loud speaker! We'd need someone like Dai Hunt for comedy gold if that was to happen though!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:06 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Wales in not on the Union Jack and so if you are welsh it is 100% nothing whatsoever to do with us as we are not represented on it in any shape of form.........can that be any clearer??

im welsh i was born in wales but have english and scotish blood so yes the union jack does represent me you ignorant twerp.

OK so you were born in Wales Right ? I guess you live in Wales right ? you support a Welsh football team ? in the capital of Wales , right ? Ok so you the (welsh man )go to support this Welsh team in Wales what flag do you fly ?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
jinks/cwm wrote:

OK so you were born in Wales Right ? I guess you live in Wales right ? you support a Welsh football team ? in the capital of Wales , right ? Ok so you the (welsh man )go to support this Welsh team in Wales what flag do you fly ?

Look this is awfully boring, there is no law in what flag you wish to fly.

Rule Britannia.