Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CANTON STAND FLAG DAY

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 pm

tHE Whole union flag thing , I guess it depends on the individual. For me the act of union that was passed wherby they declared the red cross would suiffice Wales doesnt wash and the union flag to me doesnt wash. Im Welsh and would like independence and votE Plaid Cymru who offer that option. Over the centuries thousands of Welshman have died trying to gain independence and Owain Glyndwr nearly achieved a free wales over a sustained period infact the only time. However we have been anglised for centuries and for many they have no problem with the union jack , indeed my grandparents died fighting nazi oppression under a union banner. British. For many the British ideal stereotypes the scottish highland clearance the laws and acts to ban the Welsh language etc etc , then we have the political aspect bla bla bla the fact remains we as Welsh remain British. So wave whatever flag you want is my conclusion is we will never reach a happy medium its horses for courses. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Well go wave your Ujack flag where it should be , in england Us True Welsh People have a flag of our own

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:04 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Well go wave your Ujack flag where it should be , in england Us True Welsh People have a flag of our own

Bad post alert.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:tHE Whole union flag thing , I guess it depends on the individual. For me the act of union that was passed wherby they declared the red cross would suiffice Wales doesnt wash and the union flag to me doesnt wash. Im Welsh and would like independence and votE Plaid Cymru who offer that option. Over the centuries thousands of Welshman have died trying to gain independence and Owain Glyndwr nearly achieved a free wales over a sustained period infact the only time. However we have been anglised for centuries and for many they have no problem with the union jack , indeed my grandparents died fighting nazi oppression under a union banner. British. For many the British ideal stereotypes the scottish highland clearance the laws and acts to ban the Welsh language etc etc , then we have the political aspect bla bla bla the fact remains we as Welsh remain British. So wave whatever flag you want is my conclusion is we will never reach a happy medium its horses for courses. :ayatollah:

'fe godwn ni eto' WE shall Rise again :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
jinks/cwm wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Wales in not on the Union Jack and so if you are welsh it is 100% nothing whatsoever to do with us as we are not represented on it in any shape of form.........can that be any clearer??

im welsh i was born in wales but have english and scotish blood so yes the union jack does represent me you ignorant twerp.

OK so you were born in Wales Right ? I guess you live in Wales right ? you support a Welsh football team ? in the capital of Wales , right ? Ok so you the (welsh man )go to support this Welsh team in Wales what flag do you fly ?

to me wales is a part of britain. im welsh and british.. the welsh language in my opinion is dying and to honest i really dont give a f**k... :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:16 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Well go wave your Ujack flag where it should be , in england Us True Welsh People have a flag of our own

burn the fecker like they used to on the old grange end.......... anyway he'll never get through riverside with the fecking thing :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

burn the fecker like they used to on the old grange end.......... anyway he'll never get through riverside with the fecking thing :lol:

Was wondering how long it was until you popped up

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Somebody just attatch english, welsh, scotch, norn iron and irish flags together onto one

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Was wondering how long it was until you popped up

don't forget to bring it to ireland will ya?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm not taking any flag. I don't take a flag anywhere. But I only kicked up a fuss in this thread because someone said "no union jacks on flag day". If someone wanted to, then they can. People take Irish flags, so there is no difference.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Annoys the f**k out of me when I always see Irish flags in premiership grounds, and I'm half irish :o

Everyone knows the whole welsh/british debate inside out, end of the day bring whatever bloody flag you want as long as it is for the purpose of adding to the 'atmosphere'

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I'm not taking any flag. I don't take a flag anywhere. But I only kicked up a fuss in this thread because someone said "no union jacks on flag day". If someone wanted to, then they can. People take Irish flags, so there is no difference.

same here i dont take any flags. some think they have a right to tell people not to be british etc.
im british and proud and always will be

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:39 am

keep cool lads.we are the true brits,dragons and st davids flags only

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:43 am

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:keep cool lads.we are the true brits,dragons and st davids flags only

This is true. Us and the jocks. Everyone else got and diluted by the Romans and then the Normans.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

Damned Yank wrote:
MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:keep cool lads.we are the true brits,dragons and st davids flags only

This is true. Us and the jocks. Everyone else got and diluted by the Romans and then the Normans.

The Welsh are still fighting off the Germans today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/history/site ... cial.shtml

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 am

think it was by the saxons, welsh is the oldest language discovered, tell me if im wrong,

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:27 am

Basque mate

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:Wales in not on the Union Jack and so if you are welsh it is 100% nothing whatsoever to do with us as we are not represented on it in any shape of form.........can that be any clearer??

Very few of us have ancestors that were Welsh. Because of the Industrialisation and Urbanisation of Wales. Most of us will have English, Scottish, Irish, polish, Italian and many other nationalities as great grandparents, not to mention the modern influx of Asian,Afro carribean,Somali and others that are represented in our crowd.
Maybe the people spouting off on here with their anti Union Jack rubbish should check their family tree and report back to us truthfully.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

jinks/cwm wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:I'm not taking any flag. I don't take a flag anywhere. But I only kicked up a fuss in this thread because someone said "no union jacks on flag day". If someone wanted to, then they can. People take Irish flags, so there is no difference.

same here i dont take any flags. some think they have a right to tell people not to be british etc.
im british and proud and always will be

Hear hear

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 am

Bluetwin wrote:

Very few of us have ancestors that were Welsh. Because of the Industrialisation and Urbanisation of Wales. Most of us will have English, Scottish, Irish, polish, Italian and many other nationalities as great grandparents, not to mention the modern influx of Asian,Afro carribean,Somali and others that are represented in our crowd.
Maybe the people spouting off on here with their anti Union Jack rubbish should check their family tree and report back to us truthfully.

another part time Welshman

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:20 am

How you can have the nerve to call someone a part time Welshman is beyond me.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:41 pm

well for some one who has never heard 2 people speak Welsh, I guess there alot of things thats beyond you :) ,

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Just take Cardiff flags, then there will be no fuss.