Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRUE STORY ABOUT A LINES WOMAN

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:17 pm

It got to be 15 years ago now and we were playing Torquay away on a Tuesday night, ten of us from Aberdare went up in my monster jeep, two of them no longer with us now, Beefy and Alaan Swanson RIP.

We were sitting on the half way line behind the dug out and our manger was Kenny Hibbit and Russell Osman. Now i'm not sure if it was the first game a female had run the line at, but it was around the firsts or second so a rare sight.

When she took her place she took some stick from the crowd and even Kenny and Russell took part in a friendly bit of banter.

Well she was determined to do a good job, so much so that she was waving her flag so vigorously that after 15 minutes they had to bring the trainer on to strap her wrist because she had sprained it :ayatollah: , and I promise you this is a true story, someone back me up please.

Re: TRUE STORY ABOUT A LINES WOMAN

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It got to be 15 years ago now and we were playing Torquay away on a Tuesday night, ten of us from Aberdare went up in my monster jeep, two of them no longer with us now, Beefy and Alaan Swanson RIP.

We were sitting on the half way line behind the dug out and our manger was Kenny Hibbit and Russell Osman. Now i'm not sure if it was the first game a female had run the line at, but it was around the firsts or second so a rare sight.

When she took her place she took some stick from the crowd and even Kenny and Russell took part in a friendly bit of banter.

Well she was determined to do a good job, so much so that she was waving her flag so vigorously that after 15 minutes they had to bring the trainer on to strap her wrist because she had sprained it :ayatollah: , and I promise you this is a true story, someone back me up please.

Never happened, Gwyn!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kidding....I wasn't there....but believe it happened :ayatollah: