Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

holloway stands by quit threat

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 37,00.html

he mad fair play

Re: holloway stands by quit threat

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Not mad, just someone who stands by his word. Not enough of them these days.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 pm

It's all empty. He's only saying he'll hand his resignation in because he knows Oyston will reject it. Wouldn't surprise me if they've been in cahoots over this to try and avoid getting a fine. Fair play to them for trying because I think it's a ridiculous punishment. When will one of the big four ever get punished? It's a massive sign of disrespect to those players who did play (especially because they almost had Villa that day). If I was Blackpool's chairman I'd be really kicking off about this. Its just unfair.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Zabier wrote:It's all empty. He's only saying he'll hand his resignation in because he knows Oyston will reject it. Wouldn't surprise me if they've been in cahoots over this to try and avoid getting a fine. Fair play to them for trying because I think it's a ridiculous punishment. When will one of the big four ever get punished? It's a massive sign of disrespect to those players who did play (especially because they almost had Villa that day). If I was Blackpool's chairman I'd be really kicking off about this. Its just unfair.

pointless having 25 man squad rule. of course he wil reject it ( the chairman) but your right shows lack of respect to blackpool.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Not mad, just someone who stands by his word. Not enough of them these days.

How is he standing by his words?

He said he'd resign.

He then changed that recently, claiming he said he'd OFFER his resignation.

Offers his resignation, knowing it would be rejected, AFTER the media threw his comments back at him.

Holloway stated he'd resign. If he was a man of his word, he'd have walked by now.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Holloway says:

He (Oyston) will be getting my resignation because that is how strongly I feel," Holloway has told the Blackpool Gazette.

"It is up to him whether he chooses to take it.

Oyston says:

"I absolutely would not accept his resignation and I would fight to the death to keep him in his post," he said.

So there you have it... Holloway stands by his threat to quit by handing in his resignation and his chairman rejects and Holloway stays in his in job! Total and utter farce. He was never going to do it.

Holloway just talks a lot of sh't. He's got no intention of leaving Blackpool and is just giving it the big un.

I used to find Holloway midly amusing now I just find him irrating. He can't open his mouth without trying to be funny or controversial. IMHO he's good manager and does not need the attention seeking 'look at me' comments. He's in danager of damaging his football reputation by making stupid comments.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 pm

I'd agree.

"Teams need to get real with Charlie Adam" means We need to sell so I make more out of it".

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah, Olly - what a tool!

Team's need to get real with Charlie Adam, meanwhile I'll just go and offer Plymouth 35 grand for the league's top scorer Bradley wright Phillips.

Have a day off

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Yeah, Olly - what a tool!

Team's need to get real with Charlie Adam, meanwhile I'll just go and offer Plymouth 35 grand for the league's top scorer Bradley wright Phillips.

Have a day off

Interesting DJ and HJolloway are good mates.

Because DJ whined about a low offer for Bothroyd, whilst doing precisely the same to preston for Parkin!