Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

who been the best signing cardiff have made this season

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:06 pm

take away ramsey parkin and jet because they only just come in to the team.

who would u say has been the best signing since start of the season?

bellamy i would of said .

Re: who been the best signing cardiff have made this season

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 pm

none of them have been great but yeah bellamy has been the best and theres a lot more to come from him i reckon. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

None of them have been brilliant tbh.

Bellamy is great when he plays, although I thought he would have chipped in with a few more goals. Olofinjana is good and a player that we definatley needed and although he's had some dodgy games overall I think he's probably been the most important signing.

We have signed more duds that greats...

Drinkwater
Koumas
Keogh
Naylor
Riggott

They read like the graveyard of hope!!! :lol: We all had high hopes for the above named duds, what a waste of money.

Lets hope Jet, Ramsey, Parkin and Dekel can do better :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 pm

my mates boy to sign for city but he is only 8,cant sign until he is 9,does that count :D :D

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

krab wrote:my mates boy to sign for city but he is only 8,cant sign until he is 9,does that count :D :D

Great news for him, I wish him luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 pm

I will stand by Bellamy, Great leader,Inspiration/passion/Guts and World Class on his day and We only pay £25,000 a week for him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will stand by Bellamy, Great leader,Inspiration/passion/Guts and World Class on his day and We only pay £25,000 a week for him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

intresting to see how many people don't think many of them havent been great tho aint it annis :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I will stand by Bellamy, Great leader,Inspiration/passion/Guts and World Class on his day and We only pay £25,000 a week for him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

intresting to see how many people don't think many of them havent been great tho aint it annis :lol: :lol:

Koumas has been a total let down/ Finished in My opinion.
Riggott DJ made a mistake and he has turned out to be finished in football.
OJ, Started amazing, but gone a bit backwards.
Keogh, A battler but not good enough to be a back up for Jay.
Drinkwater, DJ put him on a backwards step after injury, rushed him back, But I rated Drinkwater.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Well I would say Bellamy as he is Cardiff through and through. He has not done too bad for us. The rest have been disappointing except for Keogh in my eyes. Andy is a trier and has scored a couple improtant goals for us, against Millwall which was a 3 pointer and against Preston which saved our blushes. Adding to that he has been OK as a target man when Jay has been out, Andy is not that sort of player but lets be honest he has been alot better than say Ehuhu when asked to be a target guy. So allowing for all of this Keogh has not been that bad.

Koumas, Naylor, Oli, Drinkwater..............dont you think DJ has screwed up here?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Bellamy has been an inspiration, giving the boys a kick up the arse whis en needed also his presence a big boost we need a leader and he's the man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well I would say Bellamy as he is Cardiff through and through. He has not done too bad for us. The rest have been disappointing except for Keogh in my eyes. Andy is a trier and has scored a couple improtant goals for us, against Millwall which was a 3 pointer and against Preston which saved our blushes. Adding to that he has been OK as a target man when Jay has been out, Andy is not that sort of player but lets be honest he has been alot better than say Ehuhu when asked to be a target guy. So allowing for all of this Keogh has not been that bad.

Koumas, Naylor, Oli, Drinkwater..............dont you think DJ has screwed up here?

I was just going through the loan signings lol
I forgot about Naylor, one of the worst signings of the Season in my opinion.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Answer to that is Bellamy, although none of them have really set the place on fire IMO.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Not much to chose from and I'm still a fan of Oli's, but throwing a name in what about Tom Heaton?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeah, I'd say Heaton, Bellamy and Oli. Keogh has done ok. Drinkwater was decent. No real showstoppers but more good than bad. Naylor and Koumas have been woeful. Naylor is looking up mind.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Koumas has been a total let down/ Finished in My opinion.
Riggott DJ made a mistake and he has turned out to be finished in football.
OJ, Started amazing, but gone a bit backwards.
Keogh, A battler but not good enough to be a back up for Jay.
Drinkwater, DJ put him on a backwards step after injury, rushed him back, But I rated Drinkwater.

It seems ludicrous that Gavin Rae got ahead of Danny in the pecking order. Danny (I thought)
looked sharper in that 1st Half against Stoke. He would have linked well with Rambo. Once
Ferguson saw Rae start ahead of him I bet he couldnt wait to get the FIT player away from
Cardiff