Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jury service

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Doing it on Monday. Anybody done it what's it like?
Personelly don't really want to do it.

Re: Jury service

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Innocent, unless he's a Jack. ;)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

It's a pain in the ass TBH, The 2 weeks I done at Bristol Crown Court was spent a lot of the time in the jury waiting room, if you get sent home before lunch, you don't get paid for that particular day!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I've done it and unless you get a case your bored s****less take a book or a Nintendo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 pm

What you could do with is a good book apparently there's a new one out called the rise and fall of the Cardiff City Valley Rams, very good from what I've heard (thought I'd get in, before Annis did :lol: )

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Tell them you have spine problems and cant sit down for long, worked for me .

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:29 pm

My worry was I might get some peodo case or something on them lines.
Really don't think I could go through it

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Well, you've GOT to do it. Most of the others will be their first time too.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:04 pm

I was on Jury service a few years ago at the end of May. First thing first morning all new jurors in one court having the heads up on what to expect with some strict guy who reminded me of a scary headmaster. Twenty minutes in to the talk where he'd already told three people off, two for talking one for not paying attention when the door opens and in barges this guy. I think to myself I know him, then he pipes up "sorry I'm late", stern guy replies "name", the reply "Micheal Chopra" :D

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Einstein wrote:I was on Jury service a few years ago at the end of May. First thing first morning all new jurors in one court having the heads up on what to expect with some strict guy who reminded me of a scary headmaster. Twenty minutes in to the talk where he'd already told three people off, two for talking one for not paying attention when the door opens and in barges this guy. I think to myself I know him, then he pipes up "sorry I'm late", stern guy replies "name", the reply "Micheal Chopra" :D

Ha how typical :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Its a bit different now, I think they have stopped a lot of the expenses, I don't think they pay for you dinner now !

I haven't done it mind only what I heard ! One of the boys you know SC had a bad one at Newport Crown Court, right nasty lot, had guys in the court room trying to intimidate them and when ever they left the court room !

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 pm

better if you work nights as you can't do both and have too have weekend off as well lol lol lol

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 pm

The Trooper wrote:Its a bit different now, I think they have stopped a lot of the expenses, I don't think they pay for you dinner now !

I haven't done it mind only what I heard ! One of the boys you know SC had a bad one at Newport Crown Court, right nasty lot, had guys in the court room trying to intimidate them and when ever they left the court room !

You know me first thing I looked for was what I could claim for.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 pm

had a rape case , rugby aggro and an assault on a police officer when i did my stint in 1997 .

wasn't a dull moment for the whole 2 weeks !

it was better than working :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Tubzo wrote:Doing it on Monday. Anybody done it what's it like?

tell the foreman you know the accused ..... job done

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:11 pm

I had two incestual paedo cases in two weeks, lush :evil: :twisted:

I was only 18 or 19 at the time, not good to be going through at that age. Some of the people on my first trial were also pricks who tried to be all pseudo intellectual over it all

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:00 am

Pretty mundane unless you get a 'juicy' case and lots of hanging around (or being sent home)

Watch out for the barrack room lawyer trying to impose their views on the other eleven. There's always one....

You MUST consider the evidence on its merits and NOT any prejudices or pre-conceptions....which can be hard

Good luck....it is your duty :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Tubzo wrote:Doing it on Monday. Anybody done it what's it like?

tell the foreman you know the accused ..... job done

they tend to just move you to a different case..... but always worth a try :ayatollah:

personally, when i was picked i told them straight that I hate the police and that because of my feelings towards them no case i was involved with i wouldnt be able to judge it fairly...... got me off jury service and never been asked since :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Turn up pissed, smoking a spliff and attack the clerk of the court with a wine bottle, this might get you out of it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I had two incestual paedo cases in two weeks, lush :evil: :twisted:

I was only 18 or 19 at the time, not good to be going through at that age. Some of the people on my first trial were also pricks who tried to be all pseudo intellectual over it all

Lush???? WTF????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:53 pm

I got record so cant do it, bargain :-)

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I had two incestual paedo cases in two weeks, lush :evil: :twisted:

Lush???? WTF????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you not able to see the two 'un'smilies in my post? The two that clearly indicate my disgust at having to go through TWO trials where I had to hear how and what absoloute sick bastards to do their own children?