Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

State of the Pitch - Opinions

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 pm

The state of the pitch cannot be ignored and will inevitablly have an impact/ bearing on the remainder of our season and our objectives to make CCS a fortress. We have proen so far this season we can play with the ball in the air at times, and on the ground at times, however do we think:

- As we play on it week in week out, will the headstart our players naturally have over the opposition produce positive results?
- Will it stifle our form and our approach to the games and disrupt our play to the extent both our home and away form will suffer?
- Will it be considered as a factor in DJ's team selection?
- Will it be ignored when DJ is constructed a gameplan etc?
- Will it serve as a natural motivator for the opposition? (we've heard team when they visit places like the Emirates just get intimidated by the fact they are able to play their own way on what os effectively a bowling green)
- Will it impact a players thoughts when considering to leave us this transfer window because of the limited opportunity to 'play'? (Maybe a little strong!)

What does everyone think???

Re: State of the Pitch - Opinions

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I think the pitch is an embarrassment, new stadium & all, its like something out of the mid 1970's. Dave Jones said recently that; "this club will get promoted when it is ready". On current standing we are a long way from that!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think the pitch is an embarrassment, new stadium & all, its like something out of the mid 1970's. Dave Jones said recently that; "this club will get promoted when it is ready". On current standing we are a long way from that!

Its the single aspect thats worrying me the most atm..more than our defence or anything!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 pm

It looks like a proper Irish bog

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:It looks like a proper Irish bog

Its fukn awful init

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 pm

JonScam wrote:The state of the pitch cannot be ignored and will inevitablly have an impact/ bearing on the remainder of our season and our objectives to make CCS a fortress. We have proen so far this season we can play with the ball in the air at times, and on the ground at times, however do we think:

- As we play on it week in week out, will the headstart our players naturally have over the opposition produce positive results?
- Will it stifle our form and our approach to the games and disrupt our play to the extent both our home and away form will suffer?
- Will it be considered as a factor in DJ's team selection?
- Will it be ignored when DJ is constructed a gameplan etc?
- Will it serve as a natural motivator for the opposition? (we've heard team when they visit places like the Emirates just get intimidated by the fact they are able to play their own way on what os effectively a bowling green)
- Will it impact a players thoughts when considering to leave us this transfer window because of the limited opportunity to 'play'? (Maybe a little strong!)

What does everyone think???

Pity there are no league sanctions for providing a sub-standard pitch.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm

The pitch is a disgrace and someone should be accountable,Sam will prob get blamed for this as well :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The pitch is a disgrace and someone should be accountable,Sam will prob get blamed for this as well :lol:

Cardiff Blues

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The pitch is a disgrace and someone should be accountable,Sam will prob get blamed for this as well :lol:

Haha

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 am

bleed_blue wrote:

Cardiff Blues

Thats our fault for letting the fukers play on it

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 am

bleed_blue wrote:

Cardiff Blues

IT DEF DOES NOT HELP.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:05 am

i fuking hate our pitch! all the talent we got in our squad should be playing on a bowling green' not a cow feild pfft pluss a lot of our players a prone to niggles and injurys, that pitch cant help matters! Before we go off signing messi and co when were promoted, lets hope we get the fukin special lights first ffs, or better still, relay it!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:16 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:i fuking hate our pitch! all the talent we got in our squad should be playing on a bowling green' not a cow feild pfft pluss a lot of our players a prone to niggles and injurys, that pitch cant help matters! Before we go off signing messi and co when were promoted, lets hope we get the fukin special lights first ffs, or better still, relay it!

I understand that there are sanctions in the Premier League for poor pitches.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:i fuking hate our pitch! all the talent we got in our squad should be playing on a bowling green' not a cow feild pfft pluss a lot of our players a prone to niggles and injurys, that pitch cant help matters! Before we go off signing messi and co when were promoted, lets hope we get the fukin special lights first ffs, or better still, relay it!

I understand that there are sanctions in the Premier League for poor pitches.

Yes, I"ve heard something Similar.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:32 am

All these wages on quality players, and some eejit up above has neglected to get one of the most important things - a quality pitch

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:All these wages on quality players, and some eejit up above has neglected to get one of the most important things - a quality pitch

It just seems so ridiculous and stupid dont it, its like buying an F1 car for the rally, it dont work

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:21 am

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 am

JonScam wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:All these wages on quality players, and some eejit up above has neglected to get one of the most important things - a quality pitch

It just seems so ridiculous and stupid dont it, its like buying an F1 car for the rally, it dont work

The analogy is apt.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:13 am

i remember old trafford used to be terrible at one time didnt stop them winning things, i agree though our pitch is awful you could see against watford the ball was bobbling everywhere

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am

evans above wrote:i remember old trafford used to be terrible at one time didnt stop them winning things, i agree though our pitch is awful you could see against watford the ball was bobbling everywhere

I agree, Both teams have to play on the same pitch, No Excuses. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 am

The pitch is an absolute state, its an ambarrasment...we're a top 2 club and our pitch looks like a cow field!! Whats the deal with the special lighting??

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
evans above wrote:i remember old trafford used to be terrible at one time didnt stop them winning things, i agree though our pitch is awful you could see against watford the ball was bobbling everywhere

I agree, Both teams have to play on the same pitch, No Excuses. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's not correct, poor pitches suit some teams and use it to their advantage, it depends on the style of football you play.

Barcelona would not be suited to CCS whilst Crystal Palace would. So the myth that its the same for both teams is wrong.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 am

Blainccfc wrote:The pitch is an absolute state, its an ambarrasment...we're a top 2 club and our pitch looks like a cow field!! Whats the deal with the special lighting??

Clearly it is not a priority spending area in the budget. The main problem is that the Club has not clicked that you don't just compete on the pitch, but (assuming that you have the right players!) through your pitch.

No point buying Ferraris if what you really need are quad bikes, 4X4s and tractors.

The following article is interesting in this respect, as is Alan Duffy (and the Liberty Stadium) at no.7

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/399/To ... tball.aspx

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:57 am

Another prize we should aim for - the IoG Awards - and ironically hosted at the SWALEC stadium last November.

http://www.iogawards.com/the_winners.html

Forget the team for a moment at least. Our head groundsman and his team need our support.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 pm

the pitch is a massive let down, cant believe its been let get in that state..... the sooner the cardiff blues naf off the better :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Pathetic :shock: :shock:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm

welshdougie wrote:the pitch is a massive let down, cant believe its been let get in that state..... the sooner the cardiff blues naf off the better :ayatollah:

If Alan Duffy as head groundsman can win an award for his work at the Liberty, I do not think that the problem is the Blues. The problem is a lack of investment in equipment and possibly skills.

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/399/To ... tball.aspx