Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Controversial selection - Rae for Olly

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Thats what I'd be inclined to do if we're going to play Ramsey...purely because I think he will tackle better and the workrate will be higher - we dont need anymore from whoever plays alongside Rambo because hes that good.

I realise this may polarise opinion though! Ha

Re: Controversial selection - Rae for Olly

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

:shock:

Haha I don't mind Gavin Rae, I don't wanna see him out the door like most, think he can often offer something, in some games he goes seem to go for some decent runs with the ball but the problem is theres no end product whether a pass or shot but he does seem to have the ability (or luck) to get through opposition midfield and defence.

Overall I'd probably prefer Olly but I don't see why theres as much of a witch hunt against Rae as there is.

He's gonna play Oli with instructions to sit.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:03 am

I would personally gove him a go against Reading an see how he got on. Ollys been living off presence alone in the ladt few matches without really hitting top gear - drop him then he'll come out hungry for the Jacks

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:04 am

Damned Yank wrote:He's gonna play Oli with instructions to sit.

That's the only way to play him IMO, and thats what he HAS to do cos he has been the one to leave space in front of the defence this season when he's supposed to be a defensive midfielder. I like Olly though, a bit clumsy sometimes but he can be really good on his day.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:09 am

Rae as a squad player I have no issue with at all. He gives it his all, albeit his end product is not the best, but as a back up the destroyer is as good as it gets for us at the moment.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 am

hailesy wrote:Rae as a squad player I have no issue with at all. He gives it his all, albeit his end product is not the best, but as a back up the destroyer is as good as it gets for us at the moment.

The destroyer, ha...always tickles me when i hear that! :lol:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:14 am

JonScam wrote:
hailesy wrote:Rae as a squad player I have no issue with at all. He gives it his all, albeit his end product is not the best, but as a back up the destroyer is as good as it gets for us at the moment.

:lol: :ayatollah: its great!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:51 am

hailesy wrote:
JonScam wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah: its great!

If he reads this forum he'll go hard reading this thread! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:03 am

Rae has been a great player for us and will always be imortalised as one of the starting XI in our FA Cup Final appearance in 2008. Unfortunatley his time has now passed.