Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DAVE JONES HAS HAD VIRTUALLY WANT HE WANTS "

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 am

4 NEW PLAYERS TO ADD TO HIS ALREADY 9 NEW PLAYER FROM THE START OF THE SEASON. (Drinkwater I agree has left, but he would not off if he had been managed correctly).

Jon Parkin, Keinan, Jay Thomas and Ramsey. QUALITY IN MY OPINION, NOW DJ MANAGE THEM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " DAVE JONES HAS HAD VIRTUALLY WANT HE WANTS "

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 am

Parkin is basically a backup to provide more physicality up front.

Spoke volumes against Watford that he didn't come on when Bothroyd went off.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 am

nerd wrote:Parkin is basically a backup to provide more physicality up front.

fingers crossed Bothroyd is still here on Tues , Im wondering what the best position for JET is ? :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:57 am

Cant wait for the window to shut. and hopfully we still got jay

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:58 am

earnieblue wrote:Cant wait for the window to shut. and hopfully we still got jay

I agree that should be our main priority, Only Newcastle really showed any interest.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 am

Annis do you think that DJ as had the players he wanted to bring in as in the summer he did not get the players he targeted and again in this window he did not get his targets but he as brought in some very good players

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:18 am

Still in need of another centre back plus defo left back for me . DD struggled to regain early season form following injury which is a shame & Alex F not happy with two of Arsene Wenger's Gunners brought in - this in his eyes limits DDs opportunities - can see his point of view but DJ done the right thing on this one , hes gorra put BBZ first not AF and farkin Man U ! Would DD ,JET & Rambo gel in potentially only month's loan for the latter ? Could all three be accomodated in starting lineup ? Not sure they would/could ! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:38 am

pmt wrote:Annis do you think that DJ as had the players he wanted to bring in as in the summer he did not get the players he targeted and again in this window he did not get his targets but he as brought in some very good players

Honestly, the players that cost money to actually buy No, but what manager in football gets everything, THE PLAYERS HE DID GET WERE ON HIS TARGET LIST, Jones makes a list of about 15 players he wants(knowing that he well never get that many due to many different circumstances) and if he gets 3 or 4 of the targets to me, he has achieved what he really set out to do.
I know he would of Def liked Woodgate and Vaughn.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:55 am

two short still Annis...polished left back tough tackling midfielder
still wanted...Unless Olli gets back to basics :o

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:07 am

wigstar wrote:two short still Annis...polished left back tough tackling midfielder

Hmm, I know were ' trying ' to sign 1 more player by Monday.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:4 NEW PLAYERS TO ADD TO HIS ALREADY 9 NEW PLAYER FROM THE START OF THE SEASON. (Drinkwater I agree has left, but he would not off if he had been managed correctly).

Jon Parkin, Keinan, Jay Thomas and Ramsey. QUALITY IN MY OPINION, NOW DJ MANAGE THEM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YEp your right mate,the only thing I would say is I would be more happy if we had more cover for our defenders
I still think we need someone there to REALLY! command , Huts been pretty good lately But we still need another a powerful commander there.

LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR CITY , Immortality is waiting for you , Go take it ! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:4 NEW PLAYERS TO ADD TO HIS ALREADY 9 NEW PLAYER FROM THE START OF THE SEASON. (Drinkwater I agree has left, but he would not off if he had been managed correctly).

Annis, disagree with this reference DD. He played one great game against Portsmouth (but then so did the whole team). His injury was a pre-existing condition when he arrived.

How would you have managed him differently?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 am

two short still Annis...polished left back tough tackling midfielder

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:24 am

nerd wrote:Parkin is basically a backup to provide more physicality up front.

I'm sure that was more due to the injuries that arose at the time. Burke was already getting warmed up for what I think wuld have been a straight swap, Bothroyd then got injured so he was subbed with JET being pushed up front. Naylor had already gone and the third change was needed elsewhere, so obviously no room for Parkin to come in. Had the injuries not occured when they did then i don't doubt Parking would have come in. More a victim of circumstance than anything else.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:24 am

Dave Jones is a top manager one of the best in the Championship, he has created miracles at City.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am

]

Dave Jones is a top manager one of the best in the Championship, he has created miracles at City.[/quote]

disagree there ADC, a top manager would have taken us up against Blackpool :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:34 am

wigstar wrote:]

Dave Jones is a top manager one of the best in the Championship, he has created miracles at City.

disagree there ADC, a top manager would have taken us up against Blackpool :ayatollah:[/quote]

A game of top Managers against each other, Ollie had better quality and more options. How much have Liverpool bid for Charlie Adam? I don't see them knocking the door down for City players. Dave had to face all sorts last season internally , most managers would have thrown in the towel and taken another job.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 am

disagree there ADC, a top manager would have taken us up against Blackpool :ayatollah:[/quote]

Alex Ferguson often recognised as one of the best managers ever. He has lost finals.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:38 am

Karloff wrote:

disagree there ADC, a top manager would have taken us up against Blackpool :ayatollah:

Alex Ferguson often recognised as one of the best managers ever. He has lost finals.[/quote]

Great Managers become greater Managers by losing finals.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:41 am

ADC wrote:
Karloff wrote:

Alex Ferguson often recognised as one of the best managers ever. He has lost finals.

Great Managers become greater Managers by losing finals.[/quote]

AND COMES BACK AND WINS THE NEXT 3 FINALS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am

I agree with you in principal , apart from the Drinkwater comment. Like another poster, he had an underlying injury, therefore he was out of action for some considerable time. I cant see how that is Dave Jones fault really??

Moreover, he only played well in a couple of his 12 appearances, and what we have brought in is certainly better ( on paper at least). Put it this way if Watford had signed Ramsey and we had kept Drinkwater I would have been envious of that.

With regards to Jones i would pick as manager out of all the to six sides apart from Paul Lambert. Failure to get up this season would start to change my opinion of him.

The problem is, who would you pick as a replacement if we were still in the Championship next year , Eddie May ?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:54 am

Karloff wrote:Alex Ferguson often recognised as one of the best managers ever. He has lost finals.

SAF Has never lost to Blackpool in a final and his win rate is much higher than Jones' 0% in major finals.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Karloff wrote:Alex Ferguson often recognised as one of the best managers ever. He has lost finals.

SAF Has never lost to Blackpool in a final and his win rate is much higher than Jones' 0% in major finals.

Of course it is. he is a better manager. The point is, even a top manager loses finals.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am

Joff wrote:

I agree with you in principal , apart from the Drinkwater comment. Like another poster, he had an underlying injury, therefore he was out of action for some considerable time. I cant see how that is Dave Jones fault really??

Moreover, he only played well in a couple of his 12 appearances, and what we have brought in is certainly better ( on paper at least). Put it this way if Watford had signed Ramsey and we had kept Drinkwater I would have been envious of that.

With regards to Jones i would pick as manager out of all the to six sides apart from Paul Lambert. Failure to get up this season would start to change my opinion of him.

The problem is, who would you pick as a replacement if we were still in the Championship next year , Eddie May ?

You could argue that it was bad management by Jones to take on a player with a pre-existing injury in the first place.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:57 am

Karloff wrote:

Of course it is. he is a better manager. The point is, even a top manager loses finals.

So do crap ones for that matter.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Joff wrote:

You could argue that it was bad management by Jones to take on a player with a pre-existing injury in the first place.

You would argue Dave Jones is a bad manager regardless of what he does.

He is not the best but he is long way from the worst. Was it a bad decision by Jones to employ Bellamy with his dodgy knee? Was it a bad decision to take on Jay with his injury record and attitude problems?

What is it you want? Dave Jones to be sacked?

I just want us to be promoted. If we do then in my eyes, and the eyes of the football world, he will be a good manager. Or do you fall in the camp that think if we get promoted it will be in spite of Jones?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Joff wrote:

You could argue it was even worse management by the Watford set up for signing Drinkwater then?
You could argue it was bad management by Jones for signing Ramsey ?
You could argue that Holloway was a bad manager for signing Charlie Adam ?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Joff

You could argue it was even worse management by the Watford set up for signing Drinkwater then?
You could argue it was bad management by Jones for signing Ramsey ?
You could argue that Holloway was a bad manager for signing Charlie Adam ?

How can you say that until Drinkwater has played at least a few games :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Michael Brown and Winston Reid :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Could perhaps get those both; instead of Gabbs ridiculous wages!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Cardiff City have a fundamental problem. Our defence is poor. It is also exposed
by a lack of defensive minded midfield players. We have signed Keinan, fair enough.
But our Left Back isnt good enough, and the defence will still lack that extra body in
front of it tracking back. Ramsay is not a good signing if he's only here for a month.
He is NOT one for tracking back, and when he goes we have nobody good enough to
replace him.

We needed a Left Back and Defensive Midfielder far more than we needed Rambo!!