Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chasetown!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Chris_ccfc here, thought I would let you all know if you have not already heard that unfortunately the game got called off today. I was running about an hour late this morning (few pints in the pub with some friends last night) and picked Premier1 and his daughter this morning. Around 10mins before we arrived at Chasetown Premier1 received a call from Pete to inform us the game had been called off after a pitch inspection.

We went to the ground anyway to meet the Chasetown and Cardiff fans that were already present, Bakedalaskar arrived 5mins after us.

I would like to thank all the people involved at Chasetown for your warm hospitality and that it was a pleasure meeting you all, will visit again and hopefully watch a match before the season ends. The majority of people decided to go and watch Rushall's game (Chasetown's rivals), but we decided to go back to Bakedalasker's house.

Thanks also for the generous offer Chasetown had where the majority of Cardiff fans bought Chasetown shirts for £20, £18 for children with shorts.

Gutted that the game did not go ahead but that's life, we will be back soon.

Cheers Chasetown, proper club with very dedicated fans.

Re: Chasetown!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:32 pm

well done lads, hope you had a good day even though game was called off :ayatollah:

Re: Chasetown!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Chris, it was great to meet you , and all the other Bluebirds , we are all very dissapointed with the fact that the match was called off, and can only thank you ALL for this great gesture , in coming all the way up here to support Chasetown ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Hope to see you all again , :ayatollah:
Cheers,
Pete.