Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last Minute Signing For Cardiff ?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Cardiff City are closing in on the signing of Gabbidon acording to the daily mirror lets hope this is ture BloooooBird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: s :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPbpUXcqKYo

Re: Last Minute Signing For Cardiff ?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Hope not ,Big Wage & Duff legs :!:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 pm

I can think of better players to spend that amount on

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:41 pm

The wages maybe high but the transfer fee won't be. I read somewhere it's as little as 250k. So even if gabby is on big money the overall package might not be that bad.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:45 pm

THE DON wrote:The wages maybe high but the transfer fee won't be. I read somewhere it's as little as 250k. So even if gabby is on big money the overall package might not be that bad.

My only worry apart from his fitness is that if we paid his current wages it would cause hell with other players and disrupt the changing room.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:11 pm

ridofrid wrote:
THE DON wrote:The wages maybe high but the transfer fee won't be. I read somewhere it's as little as 250k. So even if gabby is on big money the overall package might not be that bad.

My only worry apart from his fitness is that if we paid his current wages it would cause hell with other players and disrupt the changing room.

If Bellamy's wages weren't a problem I doubt Gabbidon's will be. I question ones' judgement though in signing injury prone players on high wages.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:17 pm

But surely next year we are expecting to be paying these wages anyway, on our push for European football :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Western Blue wrote:But surely next year we are expecting to be paying these wages anyway, on our push for European football :ayatollah:

Not with Jones we won't. He won't be able to sign players he's previously managed that are up to the task especialy as Ramsey says he's not hanging around.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:58 pm

no. it will piss half the dressing room off if he was on a much higher wage