Watch out, here I come
hope your ready peter,
iv had enough of your lies,
have you got double glazing?

Re: Steele the Investor ?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 am

rob wrote:
elliott wrote:
rob wrote:steele sounds as though he could be realy interested, he has the money ready and has been looking to buy a club for some time. looks a bit more positive than some potential investors we have heard about on here :lol:

The guy is a f*cking car sales man if he takes over im finished

he also owns the largest property investment portfolio on guernsy, he has millions of pounds worth of property.

The first questions should not be about how much money a potential investor has, or indeed appears to have. The first questions should be about the integrity and objectives of the investor i.e. whether they can satisfy the "fit and proper test" appropriate to a football club funded by the hard-earned money of ordinary fans. Football, including this Club, is littered with tragic stories of where these checks were not adequately made.

Members (i.e. fans) are the rightful owners. Any investor should respect that.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 am

will there be anybody there on tuesday?its on TV thats where Im watching it.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:07 am

stickywicket wrote:will there be anybody there on tuesday?its on TV thats where Im watching it.

Yes me. And all the mates I go with.

Its CCFC I support, not a chairman or a manager.

When it comes to watching the team play and supporting our club then we need to keep that in mind as the only thing of importance.

When the Jacks and Worzels are laughing at our rubbish support on TV, when the plastics and egg-chasers are commenting on how fickle our fans are then I hope those who are staying away because the chairman has ripped us off are proud of themselves.

For better or for worse. :ayatollah:

- By the way, that doesnt include those who cant afford it.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 am

Lawnmower wrote:
stickywicket wrote:will there be anybody there on tuesday?its on TV thats where Im watching it.

Yes me. And all the mates I go with.

Its CCFC I support, not a chairman or a manager.

When it comes to watching the team play and supporting our club then we need to keep that in mind as the only thing of importance.

When the Jacks and Worzels are laughing at our rubbish support on TV, when the plastics and egg-chasers are commenting on how fickle our fans are then I hope those who are staying away because the chairman has ripped us off are proud of themselves.

For better or for worse. :ayatollah:

- By the way, that doesnt include those who cant afford it.

With you all the way.......http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/cardiff_city-chants/ill-be-there/
Last edited by Dange on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am

rob wrote:
elliott wrote:
rob wrote:steele sounds as though he could be realy interested, he has the money ready and has been looking to buy a club for some time. looks a bit more positive than some potential investors we have heard about on here :lol:

The guy is a f*cking car sales man if he takes over im finished

he also owns the largest property investment portfolio on guernsy, he has millions of pounds worth of property.

And what happened with his Southampton takeover when asked to provide evidence of funding?

What? You mean he walked away from it?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:24 am

he also owns the largest property investment portfolio on guernsy, he has millions of pounds worth of property.[/quote]

And what happened with his Southampton takeover when asked to provide evidence of funding?

What? You mean he walked away from it?[/quote]

He reckons he was stitched up.

I might be stupid, but I wouldnt write this one off yet. I'm far from convinced, but if the guy comes up with the cash then maybe he should be given the chance.

This article -beleive it if you want - makes him out to be an extremely wealthy man.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25618060/

Biggest worry for me is he wants to keep PR involved.

I'd prefer him to put someone a bit more financially switched on in charge.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:32 am

Lawnmower wrote:He reckons he was stitched up.

“I tried to buy Southampton last year and felt then I was stabbed in the back,” he said.

“They told me all along I was the front-runner and then it didn’t happen."

“I was ready and I wanted to press on, but it wasn’t to be."

He was asked to provide evidence the promised money was present and available for investment. Steele refused to do so.

Hardly a case of being stitched up.

That would be like saying Cadman should have formally taken over CCFC having claimed the money there despite the opposite being the case.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:50 am

nerd wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:He reckons he was stitched up.

“I tried to buy Southampton last year and felt then I was stabbed in the back,” he said.

“They told me all along I was the front-runner and then it didn’t happen."

“I was ready and I wanted to press on, but it wasn’t to be."

He was asked to provide evidence the promised money was present and available for investment. Steele refused to do so.

Hardly a case of being stitched up.

That would be like saying Cadman should have formally taken over CCFC having claimed the money there despite the opposite being the case.

I'm sceptical, but keeping an open mind.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 pm

I just don't think he has the money needed to move us on!