Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ILL NEVER STEP FOOT INSIDE OUR STADIUM AGAIN

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:54 am

To watch rugby.

It was my first game at the new stadium, ive been supporting city for 20 years or so, im 29 years old, season ticket holder for many years until west midlands police got me banned for 4 years, (my last season banned). Ive been dying to get to see our stadium inside since the first brick was layed, however with two young kids, going while banned didnt seem worth the risk as I also had a suspended sentance etc.

Anyway, was given two free tickets to Blues v Hairspreys today, thought heres my chance to get to see the stadium inside, ive been outside many a time, 45 min drive from `down west` ( :cry: ) parked the car and decided to pay the Ninian Park a visit for a cheeky beer and the first half of the mancs game. 6pm before I know it and left for the stadium, with butterflies :D .

Im well impressed with the stadium less impressed with the prices, but what do you expect. facilities are great, im proud to have sat in such a great stadium, our stadium.

However, I was fecking bored shitless, just over 10k and not one song, it was depressing, I will not go to another rugby game there again, roll on the end of my ban.

May I add, Ninian looks good with the city stuff all over the place, food looks good, prices of food are great so get down there for a beer or some food its worth the cause

Re: ILL NEVER STEP FOOT INSIDE OUR STADIUM AGAIN

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am

i watched about 10mins on tv, it was so depressing that i turned sky sports 2 on to watch snooker :oops:

im not one of these that dislikes rugby infact i love watching rugby. but i couldnt sit inside a stadium and watch it thesedays.
you sound like you hate rugby so f**k knows how you coped :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:02 am

milly44 wrote:i watched about 10mins on tv, it was so depressing that i turned sky sports 2 on to watch snooker :oops:

im not one of these that dislikes rugby infact i love watching rugby. but i couldnt sit inside a stadium and watch it thesedays.

I dont hate it, played it for a few years, love the internationals, but dont like watching regional rugby, ill flick over when its on tv but very rare will I watch a full game of club rugby

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 am

similer i played for years, but i find its become very boring. scrum after scrum with no imagination.
i will watch every dragons games (on tv) purely because my best mate is captain, apart from that i would struggle to sit and watch a game of club rugby. heinekan cup can be ok, otherwise i agree its a down to good old piss up for international weekends :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 am

lockey1927 wrote:
milly44 wrote:i watched about 10mins on tv, it was so depressing that i turned sky sports 2 on to watch snooker :oops:

I dont hate it, played it for a few years, love the internationals, but dont like watching regional rugby, ill flick over when its on tv but very rare will I watch a full game of club rugby

Allright Lockey? (SBF1) Steve here, hope to see you on the rattler or in the Corp soon matey!
Can't beat the City buzz, seems like ages since your Ban!! When is your first City game?
Sorry for the questions and hope I read your post right as I hve had a few Bows!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:14 am

initially given 7 year ban in april, had it reduced to 4 in may, the banning orders people now say my ban will end in may when I believe it should be april the 27th as thats when I was issued a ban, it was only reduced to 4 in may, so if I can get the clerk of court from wolverhampton crown court to agree with me my first game will be boro, if not it will be next season,

How are you? Im not to far from you now, im in clydach, hate it here but at the mo my mrs wont move to port talbot

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:23 am

How did our shit pitch stand up to those queers running or should i say prancing around on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:34 am

milly44 wrote:similer i played for years, but i find its become very boring. scrum after scrum with no imagination.
i will watch every dragons games (on tv) purely because my best mate is captain, apart from that i would struggle to sit and watch a game of club rugby. heinekan cup can be ok, otherwise i agree its a down to good old piss up for international weekends :ayatollah:

I didn't know he was your best mate!! :shock:
Can he set me up with any of his team mates?! :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:21 am

Claire wrote:
milly44 wrote:similer i played for years, but i find its become very boring. scrum after scrum with no imagination.

:o :o :o :o :o

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Claire wrote:

:o :o :o :o :o

:D

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:53 am

Rugby league shits all over our so called national sport !!!!!!

But give me 90 mins of Cardiff city any time love the day, the build up , the banter the excitement. The highs the lows and the way you make new friends just through the sport of football theres nothing more like it so f**k you WRU total wankers. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 am

Watched a little of it on tv but couldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Found it amusing that in the canton stand they placed all the fans at the far side so that from the main camera position it looked busy. As soon as the camera panned across you could see the real picture. Empty seats everywhere.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 am

Claire wrote:

Claire!!

This isnt Plenty Of Fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 am

In my younger days I found Rugby is an awful game to watch but oddly loved playing it. On the flip side I never really took to playing football, but loved watching it.

Strange but true.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:In my younger days I found Rugby is an awful game to watch but oddly loved playing it. On the flip side I never really took to playing football, but loved watching it.

Strange but true.

same here, ive never plyed for a football team, but love the game