Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Atmosphere in the Canton is not that good !

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 am

The Canton stand is ok, but after half time it goes dead, might be better when a load more singers come over though.

i would rather have large groups of singers dotted around the ground than in one place, because they can control us
more. Myself, would rather be next to the away fans so we can hear each other.

But as long as we have an atmosphere,i dont care whet happens. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Atmosphere in the Canton is not that good !

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:49 am

Me and my son are in the canton, what we find with the atmosphere is that a chant will start, and then fizzel out very quickly, not sure the reason for this ? Can someone enlighten me why this happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:53 am

blue nile wrote:Me and my son are in the canton, what we find with the atmosphere is that a chant will start, and then fizzel out very quickly, not sure the reason for this ? Can someone enlighten me why this happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

also what happens after half time,it dies in the Canton, next to no atmosphere most times... strange.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 am

It dies for the first 10 minutes as there are still hundreds of people still drinking in the concourse.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 am

It dies for the first 10 minutes as there are still hundreds of people still drinking in the concourse.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:14 am

It never seems to pick up after half time to me

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:It never seems to pick up after half time to me

May be we should get Ali to give the Canton the hairdryer treatment at half-time ;)

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 am

Tubzo wrote:It dies for the first 10 minutes as there are still hundreds of people still drinking in the concourse.

This.

If you believe that the atmosphere is any different anywhere in the country in the 10 minutes before and after halftime then you're deluded.

To say the atmosphere in the Canton is "not that good" is just plain wrong. Because it's excellent.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 pm

its all casue we are getting pissed in the bar my voice needs a rest sometime :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:The Canton stand is ok, but after half time it goes dead, might be better when a load more singers come over though.

i would rather have large groups of singers dotted around the ground than in one place, because they can control us
more. Myself, would rather be next to the away fans so we can hear each other.

But as long as we have an atmosphere,i dont care whet happens. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

the atmosphere is ok but it all depends what your comparing it too!! If you compare it to the old grange or bob bank then it's a shit atmos in the canton end!!! However it's defo the best atmos in the ground by far!