Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are We Supporters or Spectators?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:02 am

I think that is a valid question at this moment in time and also a question that Blackburn Rovers FC put to it's own supporters recently. At Blackburn Rovers ALL parties i.e. The Club and supporters agreed that the atmosphere at Edwood Park had not been the same since the ground was redeveloped and in fact was getting worse, except for games against the big 4 clubs, where small numbers of away fans were outsinging home supporters. Sound Familiar?

The consensus reached by all parties at Blackburn Rovers was to establish a "Home Singing End" by moving away supporters to the upper tier of the Darwin Stand and opening the lower tier of the same stand of home supporters who wanted to stand and god forbid sing.

http://roversreturn.net/2010/01/24/darwen-end-singers/

Since the introduction ALL parties have agreed that the atmosphere at home games has seen a step improvement and the popularity of the home singing section has grown. Everyone at Blackburn is now in favour of this development and maybe before people prejudge what effect the same arrangement may have at CCS please ask yourself

ARE YOU SUPPORTERS OR SPECTATORS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Are We Supporters or Spectators?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 am

Supporter every time. If your a spectator, you may as well sit at home and watch it on the telly. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 am

I,d consider myself a supporter, gone home and away for many years, also Cardiff city are a huge part of my life, as me allways on this messageboard will confirm :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Supporter every time. If your a spectator, you may as well sit at home and watch it on the telly. :ayatollah:

So do you think Blackburn Rovers have done the right thing making a home singing section and do you have any problem withthe club creating of a home singing section at the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 am

blue nile wrote:I,d consider myself a supporter, gone home and away for many years, also Cardiff city are a huge part of my life, as me allways on this messageboard will confirm :lol: :ayatollah:

So do you think Blackburn Rovers have done the right thing making a home singing section and do you have any problem withthe club creating of a home singing section at the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:42 am

Personally i think, people who want to sing should be able to do so whatever part of the ground their in... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am

blue nile wrote:Personally i think, people who want to sing should be able to do so whatever part of the ground their in... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No one is saying you would only be able to sing in one part of the ground I'm just putting forward the fact that a PL club Blackburn Rovers has created a singing section in one part of Edwood Park. As a result ALL parties agree that the atmosphere has improved at Home matches and the popularity of that singing end has improved every week as shown by ticket sales as attendances at home matches are increasing.

The point I'm trying to make is that our club wish to create a similar section at CCS and it appears some people have reservations just trying to say give this idea a chance.

Whatever you preference be it sitting and watching the game or standing and singing we are still ALL fans, we just show it in different ways. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: