Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The greatest player you saw at Ninian Pk

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 pm

kevin Keegan springs to mind

Re: The greatest player you saw at Ninian Pk

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Im only 24 & have been going for 15 years.

I would say Rio Ferdinand even though Gavin 'Dangerous' Gordon snapped him when he came to Cardiff, he's grown into a legend and is winning trophies right, left & center with United.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:13 pm

He was a manager when I saw him - I am not that old, however, he was part of the playing staff and he made his england debut at the old place :lol:

I must have seen loads over the years, without realising it at the time. For exmple , I saw David Platt at Ninian, but he was playing for "The Alex" lol

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:14 pm

van persie , maybe ramsey in the future :roll:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Eddie johnson :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 pm

For us it would have to be Gary Oneil, for an opposing team i would say Andy Coles performance for Bristol City in the early Nineties, i think he got a hatrick and they put 5 on us, he was outstanding that night.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 pm

nobby wrote:For us it would have to be Gary Oneil, for an opposing team i would say Andy Coles performance for Bristol City in the early Nineties, i think he got a hatrick and they put 5 on us, he was outstanding that night.

that was the away leg fella when cole scored 3 :oops:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 pm

tonblue wrote:
nobby wrote:For us it would have to be Gary Oneil, for an opposing team i would say Andy Coles performance for Bristol City in the early Nineties, i think he got a hatrick and they put 5 on us, he was outstanding that night.

Im sure they put 5 on us at home, saying that it was a while ago and my memory is not too clever, but for some reason im convinced it was.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:06 pm

nobby wrote:
tonblue wrote:

Im sure they put 5 on us at home, saying that it was a while ago and my memory is not too clever, but for some reason im convinced it was.

it was at ashton gate nobby,we beat them 1-0 at home defo m8.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:06 pm

nobby wrote:
tonblue wrote:

It must have been at ashton gate then. :oops:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:49 pm

pat jennings would be right up there

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Van Persie

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:02 pm

2 For me- Mike Channon- Matt Le Tissier

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Le Tissier was awesome that night for Southampton and he took all the stick we gave him too !

Best goalkeeping performance was by Tom McAllister playing for Rotherham back in the old Division Three (75/76), we hammered them with Alston, Evans etal, but we had to come from behind to draw 1-1 after McAllisters exploits !

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 pm

agreed on le tissier as a massive phil stant fan ive got to say him, they should have a statue of the man in the new stadium!

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:46 pm

I firmly believe that Aaron Ramsey will be the best player I have ever seen play at Ninian Park.

Other decent players that spring to mind are the likes of Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott (both for Soton, both were shit at Ninian!), Robbie Keane, Morten Gamst Pedersen (for Blackburn, a top class midfielder I think). Goran Pandev for Lazio in a pre season, as well as David di Michele for Udinese who went on to be a decent player.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Franz Beckenbauer, he played in a friendly game for W Germany against Wales (around 76?) to celebrate the Welsh FA's centenary (I think)

Was pure class fabulous player.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 am

Tony thats some f*cking knowledge that mate.

Cant believe in the last 2 posts we've compared the great Beckenbauer to Bale whose never started in a winning premiership game.

Only on a Cardiff Messageboard

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 am

I would have to say Aaron Ramsey as a future tip but other than that probably Robert Earnshaw just because he is the player who has amazed me most on a consistent basis. He made our matches well worth the money we paid to see them and despite some of the greater players playing here none of them really took my breath away.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Van Persie :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Le Tiss was un playable in the cup game. the best individual performance I've seen in 20 years of watching City.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:20 pm

richard langley!! ;)

(not that we make a habit of buying players after one good game against us!)

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 pm

To be fair Langley was a quality player at QPR because they played him behind the front two. He was never a winger so why Lawrence insisted on playing him there is beyond me! The same goes for Kavanagh. Made to play a defensive midfield position when he was clearly better roaming forward.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 pm

dai thomas :ayatollah: :D :D :D

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:37 pm

I was driving past and saw Ryan Giggs going in there for Wales training once. Other than that, Jermain Defoe or Dimitar Berbatov

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm

George Best...playing for Fulham I think at the end of his career.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Dave Bennet

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Magners wrote:Dave Bennet

My dad is a fan of his as well. I never saw him but he's held extremely highly in most people's opinions.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Bobby Moore, what a player.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 pm

george best,stan bowles or rodney marsh.hard choice