Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dissapointed with lack of activity

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:18 am

A couple of loan signings which could go back anytime

We needed a good signing to get the pulse racing - Given would have been brilliant but alas we are stuck with what we got

So much for the malaysians backing Dave Jones

Play offs it is for another season

Re: Dissapointed with lack of activity

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 am

Are you joking? Bellamy, oli, jet, ramsey, heaton, parkin to name a few, bothroyd is here till summer and your disappointed! We arent man city or chelski and get marquee signings whenever we want. As for the malaysians not backing the club, they saved our ass from extinction! Some people are never happy :x

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:25 am

Mate they are all loan signings - If we don't go up were have no squad

Malyasians ( according to Annis / Carl) would back Jones to the tune of millions if we were in the top 2

We needed a keeper & a full back

We got neither

don't make promises If you can't keep them

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:30 am

The club didnt promise anything....its what carl said.....you might be suprised but carl is not the be all and end all of CCFC and doesnt know everything which im sure he would say himself! As much as i enjoy the updates people hang on every OPINION carl says

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:34 am

I don't believe anything anyone tells me but splattering it all over the net he must have had some information don't you think

We'll see how the season pans out - I think we will f**k it up again

Again we have had the opportunity but again we fail to deliver

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 am

We havent failed anything, we are still 3rd, a game in hand and 19 games left? If thats failure then f**k me you must be the most depressing person!

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 am

You don't get it do you

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:12 am

I'm not sure any of us can be that disappointed considering where we have come from since the 1st week of the season.

The squad we had at the end of December was as good as I can remember it in 40 years, OK we've lost Keogh and Drinkwater (neither 1st choices for differing reasons) but we've got JET, Ramsey, Keinan and Parkin in and kept all of our big guns despite the pressure to sell Jay. To my mind that has further improved us :ayatollah:

Yes we would all love permanent signings but history shows us that teams have successfully loaned themselves into the Premiership e.g. Stoke, Sunderland, Wolves, Blackpool, etc. It is risky and means that if it isn't successful we have to re-build but at least we aren't lumbered with players who failed to get us up on long, expensive contracts.

As for the Malaysians not backing DJ: I'm sure you'll find that none of the 4 new signings are on less then £10k per week and in JET and Ramsey's case likely to be a whole lot more than that. Plus they've turned down what must have been over £1m in offers for Jay, that translates to a £1m investment in promotion.

Bottom line is, would you want a player of Ramseys class for the next 7 games or a player of a similar level to McPhail, Rae, etc, for the rest of the season :?: I'll take the 7 games with a world class player and see where it gets us thanks :lol: Particularly as those fixtures look like our toughest run between now and May. Plus there is always the outside possibility that Ramsey may stay for longer.

One last point, the loan window re-opens next week. Traditionally that is when you can get in some real quality Prem players who can't quite make it into the first XI but haven't been able to get a move. I would be surprised if we've seen the last of the players coming in.

Whatever happens, we now go with, mainly, what we've got so let's get on with it starting tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: