Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 am

top 2 or not they didnt back him :cry:

Re: will they back him wont they back him

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:55 am

LMFAO - I said that further down the board

I got slagged of for it but I totally agree

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:15 am

where or when did the club offically say they would back him??

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 am

DEANO wrote:top 2 or not they didnt back him :cry:

Deano, in the Malaysians terms of backing him, theyve let him have 4 more players, 3 loan players and a bargain one, I think DJ has had 13 new players now this season, on the HIGHEST WAGES IN THIS LEAGUE, But not having a go at the Malaysians, but they have not Really bought players have they.
DJ wanted Routledge/Vaughn and Woodgate, I agree that Woodgate was not worth it.
At the end of the day, We have a CLASS SQUAD IN MY OPINION and THIS SQUAD SHOULD BE GUARANTEED A TOP 2 PLACE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 am

Ben wrote:where or when did the club offically say they would back him??

where or when did i say the club said that ,we were all guessing would they wouldnt they and they never hope your feeling cool after your shay exploits ben

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:28 am

its just you said "top 2 and they didn't back him" matey, and no-one really said he would be backed, im happy enough the malys are here and saved our club from the riddler

Shay :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DEANO wrote:top 2 or not they didnt back him :cry:

Deano, in the Malaysians terms of backing him, theyve let him have 4 more players, 3 loan players and a bargain one, I think DJ has had 13 new players now this season, on the HIGHEST WAGES IN THIS LEAGUE, But not having a go at the Malaysians, but they have not Really bought players have they.
DJ wanted Routledge/Vaughn and Woodgate, I agree that Woodgate was not worth it.
At the end of the day, We have a CLASS SQUAD IN MY OPINION and THIS SQUAD SHOULD BE GUARANTEED A TOP 2 PLACE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's a good point.

It comes down to everyone's idea of what 'backing' amounts to and in the Malaysians eyes they have backed the manager (and I would tend to agree with them). There is also the point of running a proper financially tight ship and not overloading the club with even more debt than we already have by spending millions on transfer fees.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 am

I think they have backed him purely by not insisting that Jay was sold for 2 or 3 million now, possibly seeing him go for nothing in the summer...

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am

Deano1 wrote:I think they have backed him purely by not insisting that Jay was sold for 2 or 3 million now, possibly seeing him go for nothing in the summer...

Fair comment, although I'm not sure anyone actually bid £2.5m......

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Deano1 wrote:I think they have backed him purely by not insisting that Jay was sold for 2 or 3 million now, possibly seeing him go for nothing in the summer...

Fair comment, although I'm not sure anyone actually bid £2.5m......

True, but I think someone would have if we had put up the 'For Sale' signs

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:34 am

Perhaps they didn't trust him to spend their millions this time around. The Jan Window results in paying vastly over-inflated transfer fees (Carroll £35m+; Torres £50m+ etc). We did well to bring in Keinan (2 1/2 yrs), Parkin (2 1/2 yrs), Ramsey (1 mth) and J E-T (6 mth) so we are stronger. Drinkwater and Keogh never really impressed over a lengthy period; though it could be said the former suffered from injury and the latter (a winger) was always played as a target-man.

StT.