Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE OURS ?

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

with all the loan player we have , how many players do we really have now, and how many will we have at the end of the season ? you cant count Jay or Burke cos they still have not put pen to paper. Do we have a full team ?

Re: HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE OURS ?

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Heaton, Marshel ,Whitts , HuDson , Quinn, Mck,Gyepes, McPhail, Rae,Gerrard, Blake, Chops ,The Beast, Wildig
Cant think any more

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Keinan and Jarvis :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 pm

And Naylor :(

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Do people think that is a problem?
Most people are saying this is our strongest squad and its filled with loan players. So why couldnt DJ just do the sae next season again mixed with some loan players? It really doesnt concern me at all.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Do people think that is a problem?
Most people are saying this is our strongest squad and its filled with loan players. So why couldnt DJ just do the sae next season again mixed with some loan players? It really doesnt concern me at all.

I fully agree.

One of the boys posted the loan regs yesterday and it shows we can sign up to 8 loanees (OK only 5 can be named in the match day squad) but that's basically an auxillary squad on its own which can be tinkered with during the January window (as we have seen)

Also pound for pound it is cheaper to do that way than sign these players on long term contracts.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Yes, it also reduces the risk of signing players on big, long contracts that you are stuck with whether you go up or not. Many clubs have done this successfully in recent years e.g. Stoke, Sunderland, Wolves, Blackpool, etc. let's hope we can joing them :ayatollah: