Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Jones criticise NAYLOR as he did with Matthews?....

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm

We have/had a 17 yrd old with great ability who has made a couple of errors which cost us points and JONES has openly been critical towards such a player.
Now we have a player with champions league experience pickig up c.7k a week who is consistantly looking like a Cardiff parks player and is costing and will continue to cost our team points.
Jones why dont you grow a pair of bollox and stop being stubborn in continuing to pick a llability, i will go as far to say if he picks Naylor v the Jerks we are doomed not to succeed this season!!!!!!!!!!.

Re: Will Jones criticise NAYLOR as he did with Matthews?....

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:53 pm

If he is asked directly about Naylor then I would hope so

Bob Hatton wrote:We have/had a 17 yrd old with great ability who has made a couple of errors which cost us points and JONES has openly been critical towards such a player.
Now we have a player with champions league experience pickig up c.7k a week who is consistantly looking like a Cardiff parks player and is costing and will continue to cost our team points.
Jones why dont you grow a pair of bollox and stop being stubborn in continuing to pick a llability, i will go as far to say if he picks Naylor v the Jerks we are doomed not to succeed this season!!!!!!!!!!.

jones won't but the fans will crush him anyway by booing him all the time.

the differance is matthews aint slipping jones 1

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 pm

fed up of this matthews subject which everyone took out of context and twisted too make DJ look like a c**t

he never slated matthews just said he made a mistake, which he needs to put behind him and move on

wish people would right facts and not there own interpretations

and yes i do back the quote that i hope DJ would critisize naylor if directly asked about his performance

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 pm

i reckon he slipping whitts one 2,i though he had a stinker... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 am

We all know the answer is No!!!! And this comes from me who is a self confessed Dave Jones fan. I also agree though that a large section of our so called supporters will destroy Naylor just like they did to Rhys Weston and Josh Low. Well that's my opinion anyway! By the way Dave Jones picked the wrong team tonight but as big a fan as I am of Jones I fear he will do the same again next Sunday. Prove me wrong Dave Pleeeease.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:fed up of this matthews subject which everyone took out of context and twisted too make DJ look like a c**t

he never slated matthews just said he made a mistake, which he needs to put behind him and move on

wish people would right facts and not there own interpretations

and yes i do back the quote that i hope DJ would critisize naylor if directly asked about his performance

Out of context?

Maybe you should look at the context - namely Matthews instantly dropped, often not even making ther bench afterwards.

Naylor had to be taken off BEFORE HALF TIME one game.

Spot the difference in treatment, eh?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm

yes he dropped matthews but as u all say numerous times on here adam isn't a right back is he?? so when kev is fit and naylor is fit why on earth would DJ start matthews at right back?? even tho i agree naylor is poor, matthews is out of his depth at right back, he doesn;t look comfortable and is either too high up the pitch or too deep playing people onside or getting left for dead due to poor positioning

my point was he never had a go at matthews just said he made a mistake and has to forget it and move on

simple as that

only options we have at full back are quinn, naylor and super kev realistically!!

if it were me i'd play quinn and super kev but DJ uses naylor as hes naturally left footed and doesn't need to cut inside
just my thoughts

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Jonesy will survive or sink on his selections and if he wants to keep his job come the end of the season picking the right players for each game is crucial, a manager gets judged on results and he knows what result the Malaysians require.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:yes he dropped matthews but as u all say numerous times on here adam isn't a right back is he?? so when kev is fit and naylor is fit why on earth would DJ start matthews at right back?? even tho i agree naylor is poor, matthews is out of his depth at right back, he doesn;t look comfortable and is either too high up the pitch or too deep playing people onside or getting left for dead due to poor positioning

my point was he never had a go at matthews just said he made a mistake and has to forget it and move on

simple as that

only options we have at full back are quinn, naylor and super kev realistically!!

if it were me i'd play quinn and super kev but DJ uses naylor as hes naturally left footed and doesn't need to cut inside
just my thoughts

Blake could play right back.

I fail to see why anyone would want Matthews back in as he clearly cant defend. Its not right back thats the problem -although none of them are particularly good.

Its LEFT BACK.

What would the point be of jones going out of his way to rag Naylor. Naylor is experienced enough to know that he's been done.

Anyway, there are enough of our so-called fans making sure Naylor feels like shit, without the manager saying a word.

Also, I havent heard a journalist asking Jones directly 'was Naylor to blame for the goals' like with Matthews - and Matthews was - should Jones have lied ?

with those who hate Jones its just another stick to beat him with, repeated time and time again.

By the way 6 weeks after the Ipswich game Matthews came back, ironically for the Reading game and was given a torrid 45 minutes, (Kebe didnt even play) including losing his man for Readings goal and having to rely on Hudson coming right accross the pitch to make his headers. 2nd half when we pushed on he looked better - but thats his strength going forward, which is why to me he should play right mid.

Maybe some have forgotten about that game. He's them played 5 more games, with us losing 4 and drawing 1 (Stoke away).

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:We have/had a 17 yrd old with great ability who has made a couple of errors which cost us points and JONES has openly been critical towards such a player.

No Because Jones is a Bully boy to our Kids .

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Mathews and Blake look better than Naylor to be honest but now we have a centre half from Blackpool so lets try him with Mcnaughton at left back keep Quinn at right back