Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAIR PLAY - I HAVE CHANGED MY OPINION ON HIM....

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:21 am

MARK HUDSON......

Personally like im sure many was not his biggest fan in the past.
but blow me down, hasnt he improved beyond fair play to him. He wins every header, he gets his foot in, his decision making is superb. looks like a new signing.
maybe losing the captaincy has brought the best out of him!!

Re: FAIR PLAY - I HAVE CHANGED MY OPINION ON HIM....

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 am

milly44 wrote:MARK HUDSON......

but blow me down, hasnt he improved beyond fair play to him. He wins every header, he gets his foot in, his decision making is superb. looks like a new signing.

Milly your right Hudson has improved and is battling and winning the ball more, people are quick to slate him, but not quick to give any praise, when a player improves. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:54 am

His, Quinns and Kevs performances make it clear that the midfield is letting the opposition get through too easily. The 3 of them have nbeen solid at worse. Hudson has improved immensely since Wurzels match

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:55 am

Like Loovens, Hudson needs a good player alongside him to elevate him.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:09 am

To be honest I have slated Hudson ever since he signed for us, and I was still slating him at the start of the season as although he showed signs of improving, he still made mistakes and I never thought he would be the answer for us. However, he has had a run of very solid performances, I think Kev's pace alongside is helping him at the moment but he has improved loads. I have lost count of the number of last ditch blocks he has made to save us, his positioning is very good and he's winning his personal battles. I still think he needs Kev's pace alongside him to deal with pacey strikers, but if he continues his current form until the end of the season, I will happily admit I was wrong to slate him so much.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 am

I praised him still dont like him tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 am

Just needs to work on clearing the ball.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 am

keV and Hudson have been immense since teaming up, just wish kev was 5" taller!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:39 am

ive been quietly praising hudson for a while,just dont want to say to much just in case i jinx it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 am

Nath i agree he has improved loads but I am still not a fan.

I will never be able to come to terms with how he and Marshall bottled the play off final.

Most games the other sides centre half looks better than ours. Mills last night?

Personally I don't think either Quinn or Naylor have 90 minute fitness or pace and we are always gonna get caught on the break.

MacNaughton class but we need another three back there with pace!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 am

He is the most consistant player of the season so far and continues to improve.
ANother great game last night, and I think we put too much focus on the defence when they dont get enough support from midfield. We still play as two units. Midfield with attack, defence stands alone

Also watch Hudson when he takes a knock, he never calls the trainer on and gets up straight away. Leadership like that lifts a team.

Player of the year. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

I've always backed Hudson - and I think he has been unfairly singled out in the past.

One person blames him and then all jump on the bandwagon and he gets the blame for everything

Good to see he's starting to get some recognition for the performances he's been putting in :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:25 am

Griff105,

Yeah, Hudson and Bothroyd are very similar when they take a knock!!!! lol

I cannot recall a bigger baby in all my City days than Bothroyd?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 am

Yeah, I've been very pleased with Hudson this season. McNaughton has brought the best out of him which is why Jones is reluctant to introduce Keinan but what's the point in having a solid centre back partnership when the opposition keeps getting back in behind the full back??? I hope Keinan starts on Sunday with McNaughton at left back. Otherwise, Dyer is going to rip Naylor to shreds.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 am

bargoedbluebirds wrote:I praised him still dont like him tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why don't you like him?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 am

He has been excellent this season and while he would struggle to beat Mc Naughton in a player of the year poll, he has certainly earned the right to be spoken of as a worthy canidate. Says something about us that defenders are being mentioned as being our best players becasue they are keeping us in games - who would have thought that at the start of the season with Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy, Burke, Whitts etc. in the side.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 pm

bloobirds68 wrote:Nath i agree he has improved loads but I am still not a fan.

I will never be able to come to terms with how he and Marshall bottled the play off final.

Most games the other sides centre half looks better than ours. Mills last night?

Personally I don't think either Quinn or Naylor have 90 minute fitness or pace and we are always gonna get caught on the break.

MacNaughton class but we need another three back there with pace!!!!!

im not a fan of his as such, but the amount of shit hes taken on here, and at games, he deserves credit for the way hes played in last few weeks/months.
it must be hard having to watch out for your man, and coveriing the man next to you that defends like a garden gnome.
super kev makes it look easy though :D

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

I agree, he had a slow start to the season but in recent weeks he has been very good.

Sadly we know when he makes a mistake next he will get slaughtered for it

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 pm

milly44 wrote:MARK HUDSON......

He was dire last season but this year he's been terrific! Definetely in the running for player of the season! He's just got on with the job and puts his body on the line in every game! Looks the part now!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Agree Milly, him and Super Kev were great last night.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

bloobirds68 wrote:Griff105,

Yeah, Hudson and Bothroyd are very similar when they take a knock!!!! lol

I cannot recall a bigger baby in all my City days than Bothroyd?

All centre forwards are fannys!! :D
I think you kind of expect that from a flair player, and you want to see your centre backs as invincible. Hudson got a kick in the mush last night and just got up. He has done that a number of times. It lifts the more inexperienced and nervous team mates.
He won almost every header and tackle. Most importantly he now plays with his head up and doesnt give the ball away cheaply like he did last season.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

well done mr hudson keep up the good work son...... :notworthy: :occasion5: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:45 pm

he has improved a bit but still gotta head like a tobelerone.... :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:42 am

He hasn't lost the captaincy, Milly. He's still club captain.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 pm

baker wrote:He hasn't lost the captaincy, Milly. He's still club captain.

yeh i know, meant as in leader on the pitch :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:45 pm

milly44 wrote:
baker wrote:He hasn't lost the captaincy, Milly. He's still club captain.

yeh i know, meant as in leader on the pitch :ayatollah:

Yeah he aint team captain, but you'll always find him making his voice heard on the pitch

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:09 pm

totally agree..Huds and McNaughton have been our 2 most consistant players all season...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 am

he was superb today again. like a new signing. lets face it there a mistake coming, because hes a human being, lets hope people dont jump on him when it happens :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 am

good shout nathan,
i too was quick to goad his commitment originally but his attitude has changed :ayatollah: