Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Earth To DJ "

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:58 am

Did you actually watch that game last night, I know you were there I saw you standing with your hands in your pockets but did you actually watch what was going on.

I just listened to your after match interview and I think last night was yet another match that passed you by, we all know that at times our squad look nothing better than a group of talented individuls and that was certainly the case in the 1st half last night. Why is that Dave and rather than spew out the same boring numb nuts bullshit about having to defend better what was that 1st half tactical formation about.

In my opinion the team didn't understand their roles or responsibilities and although we could and should have scored a few goals that would have been down to the talent of our players.

At halftime you were forced into making a change by an injury to Olafinjana and did you actually appreciate the difference when Chopra is paired with Jay up front with Bellamy wide. Has it managed to penetrate that neanderthal skull of yours because IMO if you had started with that pairing we would have won that game. So IMO opinion last night result and the loss of two points were down to your team selection and what would you call the first half tactical formation.

Finally you need tounderstand that Brian McDermott decided to target Naylor last night as the weak link in this team and having watched the Bluebirds for over 40 years I struggle to think of a game where one of our players was so clearly identified as the weak link. Please get someone to explain what happened there because it's not the first time it's happened this season and if you continue to pick him it won't be the last.

He has to go and you cannot make excuses about not having a replacement youv'e just had a month to find one but you preferred to look elsewhere.

Youadmit you have the best squad in your time at the club but last night you were again out performed by a younger less experienced manager who whilst he has good players doesn't have the talent available you do. But his team is better organised and he knew exactly how to hurt your team.

How is that DJ how is it that easy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Earth To DJ

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 am

Love the thread title, brilliant :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:27 am

Couldn't have said it better myself, if we lose to swansea town on Sunday he has to go. I know that everyone is saying that if we win our game in hand we will go 2nd but can you honestly see us winning that game in hand the way we are performing and I'm afraid the manager has to take the rap as he had plenty of warnings about a shocking defence all through the season.

Sort it out now DJ or get lost!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:38 am

Castleblue, you've just said everything we all wanted to! :D

Re: " Earth To DJ "

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:49 am

Still staggered at his efforts pre season to strengthen the defence when that was our problem last season as well.

So he gets in a defender and plays our best full back at centre back???????

5 (FIVE) clean sheets all season.

Jones cannot rely on our forwards scoring enough to compensate for the dreadful defending.

Naylor simply cannot play on sunday. Dyer & Sinclair will think its xmas come early. he has to get a PL left back in NOW and put McN'n at right back with Keinan in the centre.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 am

Only one explaination for me...... Dj doesnt pick the team anymore must be TG and Tan who have admitted to knowin fuk all about football, thats the only way a team like last night could have been picked!

The only good part about the watford game was our attack play, so what does he do I change that and keep the parts that were shocking the same! Dont forget watford missed 3 or 4 big chances against us the signs were there dj ignored them to drop chopra!!

Clueless, ohhh one other thing a few around me were getting on JETs case lastnight, give the boy a chance he was moved around somthing stupid lastnight, he played well on the right against watford

That is all

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:10 am

I sat watching the game last night in no doubt that Reading had identified Naylor as our weakest link and they really gave him a torrid time. The last time I remember watching anything like it was when Alan Cork played Earnie wide right against Leeds Utd in the FA Cup.

Alan Cork had identified Ian Harte as the weak link that day and Earnie pretty much had him for breakfast, Harte played last night but it took DJ 75 minutes to put Burke up against him. Ian Harte never had any real pace and the years have not improved that situation. It took DJ 45 minutes to put Bellamy up against Andy Griffin again a player with the years catching up on him and Bellamy gave him a real torrid time in the 2nd half.

Kebe was no way near as damaging in the 2nd half because he was having to support Griffin as soon as Burke come on Jobi McAnuff was deeper protecting Harte. These are not things which should be changed during a game these are tactical decisions which should be made before the game starts.

When you play Burke and Bellamy wide the only decision left is pairing 2 from Bothroyd, Chopra, Thomas and Parkin but DJ seems unable to do this.

With Swansea on Sunday just wait until we see his team and tactical formation don't be surprised to see Gavin Rae in goal and Marshall at LB.

I have no doubt our players are good enough to gain promotion but I truely believe it will be inspite of DJ and not because of him if it happens. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:17 am

Castle blue

Totally agree with you.

DJ must get rid of Naylor it's embarrassing to watch and unless he does something soon I fear even a play off spot will be out of the question.

Does he care any more ? He will still walk away with his golden payment!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 am

Castleblue as Usual your posts are Sadly Virtually Spot on in My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 am

And with that the prosecution rests its case.

If I were a juror castleblue I would find Mr Jones Guilty as charged.

You are spot on son - Take a Bow !

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:30 am

castleblue wrote:These are not things which should be changed during a game these are tactical decisions which should be made before the game starts.

I made this point in another thread. What the f**k do they do during the week???

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 am

With Swansea on Sunday just wait until we see his team and tactical formation don't be surprised to see Gavin Rae in goal and Marshall at LB.

To be honest mate, I'd rather see Marshall at left back than f***ing Naylor

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 am

Another thing DJ said in his post match interview was that it was difficult to get players to agree to come to Cardiff, maybe that was his way of saying that is the reason he couldn't get another LB.

Well here is some news for you DJ Herita Ilunga the congelese international LB has been left out of West Ham 25 man PL squad, West Ham are trying to agree a figure to cancel his contract. He is 28, fit with a good pedigree and is facing sitting around doing nothing for 4 months.

Now I know not having played for you at Wolves maybe be a bit of a problem, the fact that he is not injured is probably a bigger concern but surelyworth asking the question.

Surely :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 am

castleblue wrote:Another thing DJ said in his post match interview was that it was difficult to get players to agree to come to Cardiff, maybe that was his way of saying that is the reason he couldn't get another LB.

Well here is some news for you DJ Herita Ilunga the congelese international LB has been left out of West Ham 25 man PL squad, West Ham are trying to agree a figure to cancel his contract. He is 28, fit with a good pedigree and is facing sitting around doing nothing for 4 months.

Now I know not having played for you at Wolves maybe be a bit of a problem, the fact that he is not injured is probably a bigger concern but surelyworth asking the question.

Surely :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 am

i think we need to play Quinn on the left then gypes who has improved alot lately and been left out of the team then Hudson and Kev on the right.....that would be my choice and Naylor wouldnt even be on the bench :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

Excelent post,,,, & the stage is set for yet another fustrating & difficult to bare "end of season finish" under Dave Jones.
If we loose Sunday i can see things falling apart, just like last November.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 am

Some excellent posts in this thread. One point I'll comment on is the Reading fullbacks one.

ANY football manager worth his crust would have been able to see that Harte in particular is a decripid, talentless tortoise that has made his career on being a good free kick taker. When you have players with pace such as Chris Burke, you bloody start him - or at least someone quick.

Brian McDermott was able to identify a LBs weakness last night, and got two goals from it. DJ didn't. That is the difference between the two men

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am

castleblue wrote:Did you actually watch that game last night, I know you were there I saw you standing with your hands in your pockets but did you actually watch what was going on.

I just listened to your after match interview and I think last night was yet another match that passed you by, we all know that at times our squad look nothing better than a group of talented individuls and that was certainly the case in the 1st half last night. Why is that Dave and rather than spew out the same boring numb nuts bullshit about having to defend better what was that 1st half tactical formation about.

In my opinion the team didn't understand their roles or responsibilities and although we could and should have scored a few goals that would have been down to the talent of our players.

At halftime you were forced into making a change by an injury to Olafinjana and did you actually appreciate the difference when Chopra is paired with Jay up front with Bellamy wide. Has it managed to penetrate that neanderthal skull of yours because IMO if you had started with that pairing we would have won that game. So IMO opinion last night result and the loss of two points were down to your team selection and what would you call the first half tactical formation.

Finally you need tounderstand that Brian McDermott decided to target Naylor last night as the weak link in this team and having watched the Bluebirds for over 40 years I struggle to think of a game where one of our players was so clearly identified as the weak link. Please get someone to explain what happened there because it's not the first time it's happened this season and if you continue to pick him it won't be the last.

He has to go and you cannot make excuses about not having a replacement youv'e just had a month to find one but you preferred to look elsewhere.

Youadmit you have the best squad in your time at the club but last night you were again out performed by a younger less experienced manager who whilst he has good players doesn't have the talent available you do. But his team is better organised and he knew exactly how to hurt your team.

How is that DJ how is it that easy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, change the record DJ. Better still, start fixing the frigging problem. That's what your getting you over inflated salary for.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 am

castleblue wrote:Did you actually watch that game last night, I know you were there I saw you standing with your hands in your pockets but did you actually watch what was going on.

couldnt have said it better!!! Although why take our top scorer off when we are trying to win the game? Why drop Chopra when he finally starts scoring goals to replace him with someone totally unproven and who plays a similar role to Jay? MENTAL!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:35 am

Fair play some very good posts, well done everyone.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:36 am

Well said Chief. Scouser, idiot, and clueless, comes to mind when Dave Jones is mentioned

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Great post and sums up all the feelings I had watching yesterdays game. There can be no excuses for that formation played in the first half as it was purely down to Jones choices. The usual excuse of players tired cannot be used as they had a big rest before this game and we had virtually a full squad to pick from.
As regards for Naylor, if Jones is too thick or pig headed to get rid of him then we should start a campaign either Naylor out or Jones out.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

To me 4 Wins out of Our last 16 Games is A TOTAL JOKE WITH THE SQUAD DAVE JONES HAS TO PLAY WITH.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Great post and sums up all the feelings I had watching yesterdays game. There can be no excuses for that formation played in the first half as it was purely down to Jones choices. The usual excuse of players tired cannot be used as they had a big rest before this game and we had virtually a full squad to pick from.
As regards for Naylor, if Jones is too thick or pig headed to get rid of him then we should start a campaign either Naylor out or Jones out.

Why not get rid of BOTH of them...

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:To me 4 Wins out of Our last 16 Games is A TOTAL JOKE WITH THE SQUAD DAVE JONES HAS TO PLAY WITH.

We have been steadily going downhill since early Novenber .. Yes we have some good players, but we are not a team.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm

THIS IS THE LAST TIME IM POSTING ABOUT DJ,S INTOLERABLE INCOMPETENCE CAUSE IM GIVING MYSELF A HERNIA. SAID HE SHOULD AV GONE AFTER THE BLACKPOOL FIASCO, BUT I GAVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT. I WANTED A NEW MANGER IN BY JANUARY BUT YET AGAIN GIVE IN AND AGREED THAT HE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE END OF THE SEASON.YET AGAIN LAST NIGHT HIS TACTICS WERE PATHETIC, WE THE SUPPORTERS SHOULD AV PICKED THE TEAM. I WANT US TO BEAT THE JACKS BUT I TOTALLY LACK CONFIDENCE IN OUR MANAGER NOT OUR TEAM.(APART FROM NAYLOR, WHO THE JACKS ARE GOING TO TARGET, HENCE DEFEAT)I WILL BE ESTATIC IF WE BEAT THE JACKS AND DJ CAN SOME HOW GET US PROMOTED BUT ITS NOT LOOKING LIKELY BUT I HOPE IM WRONG AND WE ARE IN THE TOP FLIGHT NEXT SEASON, THEN I CAN LOOK BACK ON THIS POST AND THINK WHAT A tw*t I WAS. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I am happy to say the Jones will not get us to the Premier. We might even miss out on a play off spot.
We are so lucky to still be in a play off spot anyway with our record, on paper our recent performance
says we are shit.

I admit i used to follow City more in the glory days of Div 4 and 3 than i do now, football is stuck up it's own arse!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 pm

to be fair to jones,he had a cunning plan that no one else would of thought of.
putting whitts in front of naylor was a master stroke,someone that isnt good on the wing and who dont get back that often to defend.
mcnaughton was in the middle,who by the way done us proud as always,to give hudson some help with the high balls,genius.
injury prone jay can always cover for extra hight anyway when we get bombarded with corners and crosses.
jet up front with jay was something no one else would of thought of doing,genius.
not sure who was going to get the crosses in for jay and jet but does that matter.
everyone thought after the way we played against watford before jay got injured,that we played so well,he would keep that side together,maybe replace rambo with whitts.
but dj is more cunning than that.all the hype and momento we gainded with putting watford to bed,and singing rambo has been distroyed,
the same happeed with the jacks at home,he had a cunning plan then,with him dropping our best player to outwit his opponent.we lost momentum then.i thought we had recovered from that before last night,but the man is too intelligent for us football fans.
is he blackadder or baldrick.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Neither, he's capt Darling.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Totally agree with u castleblue. he best not f**k it up sunday. :evil: