Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Earth To DJ "

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 pm

I dread to think what inspired formation / changes he will decide to make on Sunday.

The saying goes 'if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys' - well our club pays a kings ransom and we still get a monkey for a manager.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:43 pm

I just have to add my support to this thread.

:clock: Time's running out for Jones.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Great post I am not at all confident for sunday. They always want it more than us. Jones will be talikg his normal crap its just a normal game/WAKE UP JONES its the jacks if we beat them then the supporters and the team will feel great and the promotion push is on.

QPR fan on here last night saying we have a better team then them so how are we behind them nealy all the posts had the same answer.

The Manager

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:48 am

If Dave Jones picks Lee Naylor again on Sunday, then in my opinion he has to go. He is really testing my patience at the moment with his decisions. I bear to think of the amount of times Naylor has cost us matches, let alone goals this season, the amount of goals we have conceded because of him must be in the double figures, easily. But, still somehow he gets picked week in and week out when other players have one or two bad games and they are out of the side and being criticised and blasted in the newspapers ie Adam Matthews and on numerous times Gabor Gyepes. It's just ludicrous!! I have never in my life known of any past or present ex-Cardiff City manager's that have fallen out with as many players that Dave Jones has. I thought the manager of a football team was supposed to show maturity, respect, dignity and to not let personal feelings effect his judgment? Dave Jones respects absolutely nobody in my opinion, the amount of times he has mouthed off about us fans during interviews and in newspapers, claiming that we don't know anything just because we dare to have a difference of opinion than him, just proves what I have always thought about him, that he is an arrogant, disrespectful and stubborn man who cannot take any form of criticism and constantly blames everybody else but himself. If it was not for us fans Jones would not even be here, the fans are the most important thing at every single football club in the world, cause if there were not any fans then there would be no club. Another thing, if during one of his interviews before the Swansea game he says that the Welsh derby is just another game and is no bigger than all the other games that we have played during the season, then he needs to open his eyes and involve himself more with the Cardiff public like really great managers do and then he may realise just how much this derby really means to the South Wales people, and how it is just as BIG and important as the Merseyside, the Old Firm, the Manchester and other huge derbies.

As for the starting eleven for the game on Sunday, I think the team should be:-

GK - Heaton
RB - Quinn
LB - McNaughton
CD - Hudson
CD - Keinan
RW - Emmanuel-Thomas
LW - Bellamy
CM - Olofinjana
CM - Ramsey
ST - Bothroyd
ST - Chopra/Parkin

The reasons I would possibly choose Parkin over Chopra would be for Parkin to cause the Jacks' defence nightmares, even against Williams he would cause havoc as he gets stuck in and fights for everything and it brings another player into our team that has passion, guts and fights for everything and everybody in the team, seeing Parkin up front pushing defenders out of the way and battling his way through because of his brute strength would definitely spur me on as a City fan and most likely spur the other City players on, as this time we really do need a team full of hard workers and committed peformers. I have noticed on numerous occassions when watching Jon Parkin up front for us and his former teams, that he always seems to have 2 men marking him, whenever the ball is played up to him, this is something that we should take advantage of more regularly when he plays for us. Thank god McPhail and Ledley won't be in the side this season, cause if you want a team that will fight and scrap for everything then you won't want them on your side. That's why I think Burke and Whittingham should at the most be on the bench as we really need to win on Sunday so let's forget about the performance and just get out there and fight tooth and nail for everything and work as a team and bring the 3 points home.

I am confident about Sunday and I really do think that we will beat them this time, especially with Bothroyd back - he was a HUGE loss for the game against the Jacks earlier this season - and Aaron Ramsey in the side. Finally we have a City lad in Ramsey who WILL fight for everything and who will put his body on the line and put his foot in where it will hurt, who feels as passionate about the club as all of us fans do. Yes, we had Ledley last year but he would neevr put his body on the line for the cause. COME ON CITY!!!! Jacks 1 Bluebirds 3.

Blooooooooooooooobirds

PS - DJ, don't you dare feck this up again like you did at the home game earlier this season, by playing a ridiculous formation and including un-fit players and swapping players positions around. Remember? When you put Olofinjana at rigt midfield??? Genius!! Terrific management!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 am

Great Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 am

castleblue wrote:Another thing DJ said in his post match interview was that it was difficult to get players to agree to come to Cardiff, maybe that was his way of saying that is the reason he couldn't get another LB.

Well here is some news for you DJ Herita Ilunga the congelese international LB has been left out of West Ham 25 man PL squad, West Ham are trying to agree a figure to cancel his contract. He is 28, fit with a good pedigree and is facing sitting around doing nothing for 4 months.

Now I know not having played for you at Wolves maybe be a bit of a problem, the fact that he is not injured is probably a bigger concern but surelyworth asking the question.

Surely :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: