Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Unbelievable.................tut tut "

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:45 am

Im convinced the majority of posters on here know very little about football.

Last night wasnt the end of the world FFS, anybody with an ounce of football knowledge will tell you that
READING are no mugs AND I fully expect them to be fighting it out at the end of the season.

They, in my opinion, will push us harder than Jacks, Leeds and Norwich for promotion. They are on a very good run
atm and we aint the 1st team to drop points against them and we wont be the last trust me.

Fair play to Jacks last night, easy win apparently, but they will have their beating on Sunday as long as DJ doesnt play for
a point. He will though, unless we score first half :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Unbelievable.................tut tut "

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:52 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Im convinced the majority of posters on here know very little about football.

Last night wasnt the end of the world FFS, anybody with an ounce of football knowledge will tell you that
READING are no mugs AND I fully expect them to be fighting it out at the end of the season.

They, in my opinion, will push us harder than Jacks, Leeds and Norwich for promotion. They are on a very good run
atm and we aint the 1st team to drop points against them and we wont be the last trust me.

Fair play to Jacks last night, easy win apparently, but they will have their beating on Sunday as long as DJ doesnt play for

Thats your opinion and I Respect it, but were not just on about DJ's Tactic on just one game we are on about over nearly 6 years of his Clueless Tactics.
The Facts are now when City go 1 Nil down under DJ in Nearly 6 years out of 114 games under DJ we have come back to win Approx " 9 " Games, that to me is PATHETIC/CLUELESS .

DJ could get the Best players from the Premiership to City, but then the problem starts, they then need to be Managed.
Thats My Belief/Opinion.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:52 am

The jacks game is a 6 pointer! Especially with is having a game in hand on them now. I feel this game and the away game at Forest will be the two most important games for us to get a result, not forgetting us playing QPR at home too. Yesterdays point was a good one considering we were a minute from losing!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 am

How can you say the majority know nothing about football when the main complaints are valid ones about a lack of instructions for the players and Naylor being an absolute fraud at left back? I think paying the amount we do for each game we have a right to kick off about such performances that cost us points. People are annoyed about last night because bar Naylor, we were the better team. Reading's only fortune came down that side.

I'm not saying Reading are shit because they are a decent side but we need to stop believing we don't deserve to beat these teams if we're to go up. If we keep saying the same old 'well, they played well and will be up there so a point was good' we won't even make the playoffs!

We have the players to boss this division. If Naylor wasn't playing last night, we would have won. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, yes, but it's obvious that without Naylor's weakness, we had the better of Reading.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 am

naylor was our weak point again last night. its obvious that every team are attacking his side and theyre doing a good job at it. DJ seems to have tactics for attacking but defending wise i think he just makes it up as he goes along. we can defend as a group. naylor gets battered every game. its a good decision in my opinion to bring in quinn, hes a no nonsense defender just what we need. hudson is on good form and super kev was amazing last night. but i agree, a point is a decent result but tbh were reading as good as their form shows? i dont think so...we should have put 4 or 5 goals past them easily.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 am

Zabier,

I didnt say a point was good, I said its not the end of the world. If it wasnt for the crossbar we would have won. And it werent just Nailor getting booed, what about JET? Its f*cking pathetic. If we hold out in February picking up points here and there then we be ok, I believe.

Annis,

Lol, I was thinking about your stat 'we cant come from behind to win' when they scored, and you are right it is a poor percentage. One day fella we will hopefully with starting on Sunday with a Chopra hat trick in last 5 mins to win 3-2. That would be sweet as :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 am

I completely agree with Annis about the fact that Jones does well to bring the players in but his taction skills are questionable. I believe he made the right desicion last night bringing Chopra on but i'm not a fan of Chris Burke, I know most of the fans love him but i think he's leightweight and is below par. This was shown last night with a 3 yard miss over the bar! If he scored that the game was over.

Let's hope Reading can stop QPR on friday night! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

Naylor is an absolute liability in this division, and any manager worth his salt who does his homework will exploit that. Sinclair or Dyer or even Van Der Gun attacking down that side will have a field day. He has no pace, weak in the tackle and is often caught napping and out of position. If 20,000+ people can see that, how is it Dave Jones cant see it??

If only Burkey (incidentally a change called for by the fans) had buried that second half chance we'd all be happy and celebrating three points and closing the gap on QPR today but instead we have a feeling of relief at salvaging a point.

I think, and this is my opinion, DJ got it wrong by not starting Chopra yesterday. JET and Bothroyd are too similar, and both tend to drift wide and deep, leaving nobody in the box for the final ball. I think even DJ realised that when he switched JET and Bellamy. When Chopra replaced Olofinjana we looked like a different team. Chopra plays on the heel of the last defender and was the perfect outlet for Ramsey and Whittingham.

I would like to think DJ would go balls out on sunday and play the team that started the second half against Reading, and play to our strengths rather than to nulify Swanseas.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Zabier,

I didnt say a point was good, I said its not the end of the world. If it wasnt for the crossbar we would have won. And it werent just Nailor getting booed, what about JET? Its f*cking pathetic. If we hold out in February picking up points here and there then we be ok, I believe.

Annis,

Lol, I was thinking about your stat 'we cant come from behind to win' when they scored, and you are right it is a poor percentage. One day fella we will hopefully with starting on Sunday with a Chopra hat trick in last 5 mins to win 3-2. That would be sweet as :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:
Lets hope So, Now that would be something :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:26 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Zabier,

Annis,

Beep, I'm not going to lie, last season I had your aspect on things. I was keeping grounded all season and believing that when we 'dropped 2 points' it was actually a point gained. However, I've been thinking about it a lot and it just seems like the same old problems. There doesn't seem to be any lessons learnt. I hope you're right though. I'd rather see us promoted with Jones in charge than see us miss out on promotion without Jones in charge. I just wish he'd see the bloody obvious!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:36 am

I posted on here yest the current Championship form tables for home and away and I suggested that the BEST we could achieve from the next 3 games is 5 points ( inc last nite ) ................ heart says 5 BUT form tells me 3 and thats with Scunthorpe at home . Somebody replied yest saying form tables mean nothing coz we beat both Leds and Watford against the run of form ! We shall see .............. over to u DJ :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 am

zab, I know exactly what you're saying mate, the point I'm trying to get across really is DJ is with us til the end of the season whatever happens so we can moan as much as we like its not going change. If DJ was going to be sacked it would have been when there was a 'rally' to remove him xmas time, Leeds game I believe saved him, oh and the cost of sacking him of course

Im not a fan of his (I could of strangled the fucker after Blackpool game) but we have now got our cards in front of us and we got to play them, which means EVERYBODY getting behind him and the team, if he fails, and that is a IF, then we can f**k him off but until then we got to be 100% together. Its going to be up and down over the next cpl months mate so just keep the faith, CCFC cant keep on kicking us in the balls surely.

A good sign is that I wont be going Sunday, cos I watched 8 or 9 league city/swans games in the past and never seen us win. Im a f*cking Jonah :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 am

BEEP AHM wrote:zab, I know exactly what you're saying mate, the point I'm trying to get across really is DJ is with us til the end of the season whatever happens so we can moan as much as we like its not going change. If DJ was going to be sacked it would have been when there was a 'rally' to remove him xmas time, Leeds game I believe saved him, oh and the cost of sacking him of course

Im not a fan of his (I could of strangled the fucker after Blackpool game) but we have now got our cards in front of us and we got to play them, which means EVERYBODY getting behind him and the team, if he fails, and that is a IF, then we can f**k him off but until then we got to be 100% together. Its going to be up and down over the next cpl months mate so just keep the faith, CCFC cant keep on kicking us in the balls surely.

A good sign is that I wont be going Sunday, cos I watched 8 or 9 league city/swans games in the past and never seen us win. Im a f*cking Jonah :lol: :lol:

Ever get the feeling those cards are 2 and an 8 unsuited? :D

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 am

reading terrorised our defense last night my arse twiched every time they attacked us,two things are for sure,one, we will always leak goals,two, we will not always score :? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 am

Zab, could be worse could be 7 and 2 unsuited :lol: Its a pair of bullets and I'm just waiting for the flop :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:44 am

Look at it this way, I may know very little about football, but if we lose on Sunday, and there's a fair chance of that happening, unless defensively we improves beyond all reconition we will be 5 point behind the jacks, most likely 11 behind QPR and 6 point of the 2nd promotion spot, probably Forest a team whom has a game in hand over us abd we have to play away. At that point I think you can wave goodbye to top spot and 2nd spot is condsiderably unlikely. Don't worry I still think we will scrape a play off position, but hopefully we fail to get to Wembley as to be honest I can't be arsed with the expense when we know full well the manager and the team will bottle it.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 am

Pug,

Scrape a play off place? Hopefully we lose and fail to get to wembley?

I rest my case Petrocelli

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 am

Look at the bad run earlier in the season, was it about 10 games without a win or 1 win in 10 or something????? :cry: :cry:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:57 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Pug,

Scrape a play off place? Hopefully we lose and fail to get to wembley?

I rest my case Petrocelli

So you enjoy last years jaunt to Wembley where our overpaid muppets and manager failed to turn up and Jones stated the he and the players were over it by the time they got back to Cardiff? Have forked out hundreds for the day out I could well do without that again thank you very much.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Im convinced the majority of posters on here know very little about football.

Rubbish post. Reading were there for the taking yesterday and we were not up to it. QPR, Forest, Jacks or Watford would have made mincemeat of that Reading side and these are the type of games that will cost us an automatic spot at the end of the season.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Rubbish retort, I will flip the coin for you, don't you think Reading were happy after we scraped a point at theirs earlier?

If Burke had scored that sitter or we hadnt rattled the crossbar, we wouldnt be having this convo.

Take the blinkers off

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Rubbish retort, I will flip the coin for you, don't you think Reading were happy after we scraped a point at theirs earlier?

If Burke had scored that sitter or we hadnt rattled the crossbar, we wouldnt be having this convo.

Take the blinkers off

if we'd not conceded two sloppy goals from defensive mistakes, we'd have won the game.

Burke, crossbar, all irrelevances. If any of those had gone in, they'd have masked the defensive problems.

Simple adage. Keep clean sheets, worst you can do is draw.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Unbelievable post..... Tut Tut..... We did'nt play well, there was no movement and our defence and marking (inc Medfield) is piss poor. But it's a game we could have won if we didn't hand them 2 goals! Our attack is the best in the league if you ask me. Naylor at the back well..... He is in a world of his own. Why Jones has'nt got another full back is beond me.

Why oh Why do we insist on backing off players and let them run the ball from the half way line into our 18yrd box? It happends all the time. Hudson for me has become one of our best defenders and fair play to the guy he had some stick, Super Kev is well...... Super.

I seriously think we could have bought any left back in the championship and that would have been an improvment on Naylor, He has to be dropped now.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

To me 4 Wins out of Our last 16 Games is A TOTAL JOKE WITH THE SQUAD JONES HAS TO PLAY WITH.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

The moral of this thread is when opening a topic include the words 'Im convinced the majority of posters on here know very little about football.'

You'll soon have a 3 pager on your hands ;)

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Tony,

know what you are saying but every time city draw/win its DJ fault. Yes we got the players and we are under performing but not to the extent ppl make out. Ramsey's 1st game, JET's 2nd and ppl expect them to gel like fish and chips into the team straight away. If the best squad was guaranteed the title we would all be congratulating man city for winning the prem, but we aint and we wont be either. If as much energy was put into being positive instead of negative there would be a better feel around the place. For e.g. you cant tell me DJ and the players dont read this forum?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:18 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Tony,

know what you are saying but every time city draw/win its DJ fault. Yes we got the players and we are under performing but not to the extent ppl make out. Ramsey's 1st game, JET's 2nd and ppl expect them to gel like fish and chips into the team straight away. If the best squad was guaranteed the title we would all be congratulating man city for winning the prem, but we aint and we wont be either. If as much energy was put into being positive instead of negative there would be a better feel around the place. For e.g. you cant tell me DJ and the players dont read this forum?

We're coming uyp towards the end of the season, there isn't time to throw players in and hope they gel.

No way JET should start up front when bothroyd and chops one of the best combinations in the divison.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 pm

nerd wrote:

We're coming uyp towards the end of the season, there isn't time to throw players in and hope they gel.

No way JET should start up front when bothroyd and chops one of the best combinations in the divison.

I agree, this is not the time to experiment with players &/or positions,,, which worries me even more thinking about next Sunday!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:32 pm

As matter of interest (& I don't know the answer) did Reading field any new players against us who they recruited in the transfer window? Indeed what about Nottingham F, QPR and Swansea did they field 'new' players because they all won yesterday.

Also If I remember rightly DJ said it was our failure to recruit in January which cost us promotion last season. Now it appears that we are struggling because WE did recruit :?

My big problem with DJ is his excuse making/blame dodging and failure to take responsibility rather than getting on with it and finding that 'can do' attitude.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:28 pm

To say only the left hand side of defence was in trouble is wrong...

.....when Jobi Mcanuff ran at Quinn and co he caused chaos...on a few times he ran a long way unchallenged and on another night would have scored.