Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some stats to back up Lee Naylor this season

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:03 pm

I just wana start by saying that in spite of trying to defend him a little here, i still think Lee Naylor is a liability and should be dropped.

But anyway...
Out of all of our defenders that have actually played a decent amount of games this season (so not including quinn, riggott, matthews, etc) Naylor comes only 2nd to Gyepes in terms of the amount of minutes per goal conceded when that player is on the pitch. We concede every 80.06 mins when Naylor plays and every 92.36 mins when Gyepes plays. To put this in perspective, we concede every 73.25 mins when Super Kev plays, and every 74.93 mins as a team. Olofinjana only really comes close to Gyepes and Naylor in terms of the rest of the squad.

I just want to add something i said in a post on another topic earlier, that I do not agree one bit with the abuse and booing of our own players during matches. Fair enough, fans who pay their money should have the right to express their own opinion, but why not keep it amongst yourselves and on forums like this. IT DOES NOT HELP the situation or the team in any way at all, it can only shatter the player's confidence and make him play worse if anything. I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT NAYLOR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH but the real fans have to get off his back during matches, because it's just constant and becoming really annoying. I repeat, IT DOES NOT HELP OUR TEAM, OR CHANCES OF WINNING THE MATCH.

I still personally belive that we ARE going to go up this year along with Forest, so let's just get behind the boys and DJ, even if he did make a mistake with the tactics last night, especially with the game against the Jacks coming up Sunday.

We need all the real fans to start getting behind us at all games now, whether we go a goal down, or a player is playing badly, or whatever. Let's just support the team.

:ayatollah:

Re: Some stats to back up Lee Naylor this season

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:I just wana start by saying that in spite of trying to defend him a little here, i still think Lee Naylor is a liability and should be dropped.

But anyway...
Out of all of our defenders that have actually played a decent amount of games this season (so not including quinn, riggott, matthews, etc) Naylor comes only 2nd to Gyepes in terms of the amount of minutes per goal conceded when that player is on the pitch. We concede every 80.06 mins when Naylor plays and every 92.36 mins when Gyepes plays. To put this in perspective, we concede every 73.25 mins when Super Kev plays, and every 74.93 mins as a team. Olofinjana only really comes close to Gyepes and Naylor in terms of the rest of the squad.

I just want to add something i said in a post on another topic earlier, that I do not agree one bit with the abuse and booing of our own players during matches. Fair enough, fans who pay their money should have the right to express their own opinion, but why not keep it amongst yourselves and on forums like this. IT DOES NOT HELP the situation or the team in any way at all, it can only shatter the player's confidence and make him play worse if anything. I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT NAYLOR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH but the real fans have to get off his back during matches, because it's just constant and becoming really annoying. I repeat, IT DOES NOT HELP OUR TEAM, OR CHANCES OF WINNING THE MATCH.

I still personally belive that we ARE going to go up this year along with Forest, so let's just get behind the boys and DJ, even if he did make a mistake with the tactics last night, especially with the game against the Jacks coming up Sunday.

We need all the real fans to start getting behind us at all games now, whether we go a goal down, or a player is playing badly, or whatever. Let's just support the team.

were you awake all lastnight working those stats out!!!! :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

AHERNE wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:I just wana start by saying that in spite of trying to defend him a little here, i still think Lee Naylor is a liability and should be dropped.

But anyway...

were you awake all lastnight working those stats out!!!! :lol:

nope, do it game by game, and not just for minutes per goal conceded for each player, other stats too, feel free to call me a geek if you want :ugeek: i prefer weirdly obsessive Cardiff fan though :ayatollah: :)

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 pm

have you included injury time in this? :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Only statistic I'm interested in is City 2 Reading 2 - 2 defensive mistakes from him

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Cracking article :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

godhasdonearunner wrote:have you included injury time in this? :old: :ayatollah:

yeahh :) i give 1 minute injury time for the first half and 3 for the 2nd half, cos i cant make it to every away game to keep track cos of work, but if you were to do every injury time exactly, you would never be more than about 0.5 each time anyway, maximum, which is nothing :)
i know its all pretty pointless but just can keep track of how many minutes it takes each player and the team to score/concede and other stuff, and yeah can just throw up some interesting stats sometimes

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:30 pm

so with all this knowledge how come you're shit at poker :old: :lol: