Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHITTS

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm

whats everyone opinions on him then?

he great passer but no fight when we need him to put the boot in, is another jones golden boi?

bellamy ramsey oli jet in mid ?

he just so frustrating get passer but when it comes down to fighting in the middle he like a piece of paper :cry:

Re: WHITTS

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 pm

He has got an eye for a good pass but that is it... He can't tackle, he just stand a few foot away from the opposition and bounces around a bit! :evil:

Everyone hailed Whitts last season, whilst I always stuck by my stance that it was a one off season and we should of sold him in the summer... He is a lazy player and I'm unsure why he always starts! I would much rather Burke, Ramsey, Jet, etc start infront of him...

Just my opinion

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 pm

themadhatter wrote:He has got an eye for a good pass but that is it... He can't tackle, he just stand a few foot away from the opposition and bounces around a bit! :evil:

Everyone hailed Whitts last season, whilst I always stuck by my stance that it was a one off season and we should of sold him in the summer... He is a lazy player and I'm unsure why he always starts! I would much rather Burke, Ramsey, Jet, etc start infront of him...

Just my opinion

]

i don't like having a go at are players but he one of frustrating players ever as u say got great eye for a pass but when he comes to fighting for ball i my aswell stick my nan in there she put her foot in lol

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:whats everyone opinions on him then?

he great passer but no fight when we need him to put the boot in, is another jones golden boi?

he just so frustrating get passer but when it comes down to fighting in the middle he like a piece of paper :cry:

exactly :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 pm

I have to disagree I think Whitts is a hard worker and he really can make a pass forward count. I have always wanted to see him play in a more forward role, preferably behind the main striker/strikers.

That said the way Naylor is playing I settle for him playing at left-back. :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have to disagree I think Whitts is a hard worker and he really can make a pass forward count. I have always wanted to see him play in a more forward role, preferably behind the main striker/strikers.

That said the way Naylor is playing I settle for him playing at left-back. :lol:

he has played there before i think :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:

our entire midfield made up of borrowed players?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Last Night in the first half he couldnt put one pass where he wanted it to go, lost the ball time after time and couldnt get the ball off the other players he was so bad. Second half he was 100% better. He has not been the same guy as last season I dont means goals wise but his game in as a whole.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:22 pm

bluecityblue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

our entire midfield made up of borrowed players?

exactly and if you look at we brought 2 in now who not used to us playing ramsey and jet. i like jet but he thinks we play like arsenal to many flicks rather than keeping it simple. think championship we hell of shock to him . dare i say it are we missing McPhail

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 pm

this is madness criticising Whitts!! He is one of the best players in the League! He's not in the team to tackle, he's in it to create and his range of passing is out of this world at this level! How can anyone say he went missing last night? In the second half he really stepped up to the plate by getting up and down and putting tackles in. Yes he does have quiet spells but he is one of the few players we have who can create something out of nothing! When Chops plays Whitts is usually the one picking him out! If Whitts and Ramsey had a decent holding player behind them they could cause havoc together!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:this is madness criticising Whitts!! He is one of the best players in the League! He's not in the team to tackle, he's in it to create and his range of passing is out of this world at this level! How can anyone say he went missing last night? In the second half he really stepped up to the plate by getting up and down and putting tackles in. Yes he does have quiet spells but he is one of the few players we have who can create something out of nothing! When Chops plays Whitts is usually the one picking him out! If Whitts and Ramsey had a decent holding player behind them they could cause havoc together!

It is quite easy to say what people have been saying about him mate. They don't just pluck it out of the air, he must be doing something if so many people seem disheartened by his performances this season

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:this is madness criticising Whitts!! He is one of the best players in the League! He's not in the team to tackle, he's in it to create and his range of passing is out of this world at this level! How can anyone say he went missing last night? In the second half he really stepped up to the plate by getting up and down and putting tackles in. Yes he does have quiet spells but he is one of the few players we have who can create something out of nothing! When Chops plays Whitts is usually the one picking him out! If Whitts and Ramsey had a decent holding player behind them they could cause havoc together!

Everyone should be in the team to tackle when they have to! Whitts though, just stands a few feet in front of the player with the ball! Doesn't close players down (like a lot of our players to be honest) and that's why our defence is under pressure so much, players like Whitts can cause as much trouble for our defence as he can for theirs...

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:53 pm

If 8 world cup winners in the barcelonA team can run like f**k for 95mins and fight to get the ball when they are 5-0 up so can whitts......messi and xavi work as hard as anyone ive seen and there still creative.....defending starts from the front and includes everyone!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 pm

themadhatter wrote:

Everyone should be in the team to tackle when they have to! Whitts though, just stands a few feet in front of the player with the ball! Doesn't close players down (like a lot of our players to be honest) and that's why our defence is under pressure so much, players like Whitts can cause as much trouble for our defence as he can for theirs...

That should be Oli's job! Its not as if you see Nasri and the like bombing around putting tackles in! If you want to talk about players not helping our defence then look at Bellamy. He plays on Naylors side and that is why Naylor is always exposed and people can gang up on him! To be fair I dont want Bellamy tracking back as I would rather him save his energy for the final third but in that case Oli should be aware of it and should be covering when necessary! You will not see a finer passer of the ball at this level than Whittingham. Instead of slagging him off for what he cant do we should be grateful to have someone who would walk into any other team in this division!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:09 pm

I thought Witts really got stuck in the second half yesterday, challenged in the air for the ball often and did well. I like him playing in the middle myself.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Until the past couple of games Whitts would have one of the first names on my team sheet, but he just hasn't featured enough for me and made so many misplaced passes, mistimed tackles and overhit free kicks, corners and shots last night that I think it would have done him a favour by bringing him off. On his day he's awesome and one of my favourites of the current city squad, but that doesn't make him above criticism when I feel he isn't giving it 100%.