Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last Night

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm

After watching the game last night and reflecting on it today, I just can't see how DJ can play Lee Naylor nearly every game this season the man is a complete waste of space ! I dont even think he made a tackle last night where he actually kicked the ball, instead he just wiped out the man completely. The worst was the cross for their second goal I think, Naylor shadowed the player out to the corner, Kebe stopped the ball Hudson came over to cover too and watch the other man, so Naylor fudged off and started jogging off into the box, while he was doing so, their guy was running full pelt into the goal. If DJ doesn't sign a left back as soon as the loan window open, then he needs to be looked at seriously as our manager, if he can't see that we need to strenghten the defence then he must be the biggest tw*t ever. After that performance I can see us just staying into the play offs this season, and then, who knows :( :(

RANT OVER

Re: Last Night

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm

To be honest I didn't think we played that badly and created plenty of chances, particularly in the second half. However, the Naylor situation is now serious; he could be the difference between going up and not. Everyone targets our left hand side and we need someone who has good positional sense, can tackle and doesn't push too far up all the time as our left back - we all know that even on his better days there is now a huge sense of uncertainty in the defence when it comes ot his ability to deal with things. But, while Quinn is on the other side, we will always give teams another attacking option as he is just as bad in my opinion. Someone described them on another thread as Laurel & Hardy and that just about sum it up for me.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Totally agree with the Quinn point ! If we don't get two full backs in this loan window then I think we can kiss promotion good bye

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:59 pm

right this is my first post so i better make it good. as said above naylor was terrible last night kebe i think had the better of him all night hes just not good enough in my opinion. also quinn i thought didnt do to bad last night but also again is not good enough to be a first team player but back up yes. however i was impressed with mcnaughton who was probably man of the match for me. j.e.t was absoloutley awful i dont know what all the arsenal are banging on about with this guy. he did show promise on about two occasions but looked tottaly out of his depth and does not seem strong enough on the ball no way should he have stayed on as long as he did. ( DJ should not have had to been told by the fans (canton stand) what to do). bothroyd also didnt have a good game in my opinion great goal but no urgency in him at all. (bit rusty maybe?)

rant over

and i know every fan is a football manager at heart and my half time solution to last night would have been to take naylor off stick mcnaughton on the left and put either darcy or keenan in the middle and bring burke on for jet.

with regards to the atmosphere situation you will never get all four sides singing no matter what we do with trying to turn the canton into the kop. family and grandstand will always let us down.