Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An Excellent Article On Player

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Well Reading FC player which was voted the winner of the Football League Interactive award for best club media article for a Championship club. The club also received a cheque for £50,000 from the FL which in todays financial climate I sure was really welcome.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/champi ... 22_2273517

Basically it is an article on Reading FC players who fought during the First World War and included a visit by club officials to the scene where sadly some of their players fell. The club was represented by a member of their media department, Team Manager Brian McDermott, A military Historian and two ex players.

It's a fascinating article to watch and you can see why it was voted the winner but the thing that impressed me the most was the Team Manager and ex players giving their time to show respect to the men who not only played for their club but fought for their Country, and sadly paid the ultimate price.

I hope Barrie Macauliffe and his guys have a look at this and when the money is in place to buy the Fred Keenor statue perhaps they could consider doing something similar for our hero, and of course all other ex players who fought for our Country and those that were unable to return.

In a time where loyalty in football is a dirty word Reading FC by remembering the sacrifices others have shown that there is more to life than football.

Well done to everyone involved at Reading FC. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: