Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALL THE 2's WILL DO !!!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 pm

If we are within 2 points of 2nd place by 22nd Feb then our chances of automatic promotion are very high. We would have by then played all our competitors except QPR who we have at home.

Yes Swansea is important but so were Leeds, Norwich, Watford and Reading (and 8 pts in the 4 games is not good enough).

The big ones now are Swansea, Forest, Burnley and Leicester, so my view is that the next 3 weeks ( Leicester 22/2 ) is the yardstick for being 2 pts or better behind 2nd ( so all the 2's ).

After that we need shooting in the head if we don't make it ( but I think we will IF ).

If we don;t get promotion then a change of direction & policy is necessary. The change of policy is necessary anyway.

Let me be clear - ALL games in the Championship are difficult but what I am trying to say is that our chances will improve IF !

Re: ALL THE 2's WILL DO !!!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

what about the shit teams away though carl, when the teams down there are scrapping for there lives, and we may need the motivation, that all those teams will have in abundance :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 pm

milly44 wrote:what about the shit teams away though carl, when the teams down there are scrapping for there lives, and we may need the motivation, that all those teams will have in abundance :ayatollah:

Milly I think Carl is drinking or eating the Same things as Dave Jones and Lost his Marbles :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:what about the shit teams away though carl, when the teams down there are scrapping for there lives, and we may need the motivation, that all those teams will have in abundance :ayatollah:

Milly I think Carl is drinking or eating the Same things as Dave Jones and Lost his Marbles :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

it sounds like something from countdown, or a bingo caller! the guy needs to be assessed ;) :D

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He'd better look in his pockets for those marbles....

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Very interesting that you 2 replied :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 pm

sheff utd away will be hard one, their not safe. PNE away will be hard, they will be fighting for their lives and our record is not to good up there in recent seasons.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

murphy wrote:sheff utd away will be hard one, their not safe. PNE away will be hard, they will be fighting for their lives and our record is not to good up there in recent seasons.

I disagree with those I am confident that we will win both games.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm

They are down the bottom because we are better than them. We should, no WILL, win most of those games.

If we don't we dont deserve to go up.

Apparently (I read yesterday) we have the best record of any team in the division against top half teams.

Oh and Carl, good to speak yesterday. I promise you I will recognise you first time next time ;)

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Given our form over the last few months, it is the teams near the bottom that I worry about - not that I don't worry about the others higher up, given the state of affairs :o I just worry about them less. ''Every match is a cup final'' as someone once said :old:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

They are down the bottom because we are better than them. We should, no WILL, win most of those games.

Apparently (I read yesterday) we have the best record of any team in the division against top half teams.

Oh and Carl, good to speak yesterday. I promise you I will recognise you first time next time ;)

that kinda proves my point then doesnt it?? :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Tim good to chat ;)

And for the rest of you disbelievers you should hold your head in shame :D

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

milly44 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

that kinda proves my point then doesnt it?? :lol:

I think its more down to the fact we've played so many of them. Also 6 points v Leeds, 6 vs Cov and 4 points v Norwich helped

Looking at our defeats, we've lost to QPR, Swansea, Forest, Watford, Leicester, Bristol C, Ipswich and Middlesborough.

5 of those are top 9. The other 3 were away as well and worzels apart the other 2 sides are no mugs especially on their own grounds.

Keep the Faith :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Over the course of a season if you have arguably the best and most talented squad in the division then all being equal we should expect the pedigree of our players to pay dividends and see us at or very near the top of the league as the season unfolds, but week after week we see our defence taken apart by nearly all the teams we play, are we tactically inept ?? or maybe certain players are continually being selected despite being a liability, is it the formation we play? are the players not motivated enough? Whatever the reason we're not taking this league by the scruff of the neck and showing our undoubted skill and talent and if our mediocre form continues any thoughts about auto can be well and truly kicked into touch.

Jonesy can see what's happening as can the majority of us and come the business end of the season he could start to regret some of his selections and tactics as I believe TG and VT want and expect some return for their investment.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

My head is bowed Carl ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

carl i,m on vodka what are you on..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm

beano1 wrote:carl i,m on vodka what are you on..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Reality :D

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He'd better look in his pockets for those marbles....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 pm

CARL BEING POSITIVE ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Im 100% with you Carlio!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:10 pm

beano1 wrote:carl i,m on vodka what are you on..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 pm

we wont go up this season, just league wins since November says it all, at this rate staying in the play off places will be a difficult.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:33 am

I personally think 8 points from 4 games is good enough. Thats 2 points a game if we carry on picking u 2 a game then we will finish on 84 ponts which i think will get us 2nd spot :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:23 am

I said on Monday that 5 points from the next 3 games is about as realistic as it would get and so far the point against Reading hasnt changed my mind ................ the current form tables would suggest the best we can hope for is a point away to the Jacks AND home to Scunny . But a win and a draw nxt 2 games will do for now then its Burnley (h) Forest (a) Leicester(h) where again I cant see City realisticly getting more than 4 points so any more wil be a bonus , then we go into March which on paper looks relatively easy and if we have a decent run of form then 13 / 15 points will be the target for that month ! So its over to you DJ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: