Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff v QPR

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 pm

The more this season unfolds & I look over both of our forthcoming fixtures I really do think this game could be a title decider. I don't think it will go down to the last game with us having Leeds at home (not sure who you've got) as I think Leeds, Forest, Swansea will tail off in the next month.

I see Cardiff with your squad as the biggest threat. The game on April 23rd is gearing up to be massive.

Do you honestly think you will be there or there abouts when this game comes & how do you rate at home against the better teams?

Re: Cardiff v QPR

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 pm

we got burnley away last game...

our home form is poor/average at best.

i think your home and hosed.

i think it will be down to us, leicester and forest to battle for one spot :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 am

Im not so sure about Forest tailing off. I think theyve strengthened well, especially with the signing of Konchesky. Forest seem to be unbeatable at home too, which always works in your favour if youre vying for promotion. I think its going to be between us, yourselves and Forest for the top two places.

Recently we've beaten Watford and Leeds at home, but in November we lost to both the gypos and Forest. We beat Norwich here and drew away. A mixed bag really. If we can beat Forest away then I think its down to the two of us, us and you - if not - its a close three horse race. We will both be there or thereabouts when the season ends though

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 am

Do you know what Mills when I watch us play sometimes I can't believe we're top. We scrape results at the moment but I guess you need that to win titles. I think you boys are gonna go on a big run I think its due. As a Rangers fan I'm just waiting fir it to all come crashing down. Its all we've been used to the last 15 years.

If your boys stay fit you will piss this league. Your squad is a joke. So much fire power.

Mr Davies-i agree about Forest but they are on such a good run it won't last. It didn't for us, Swansea, yourselves, Watford. Stats will tell you they are due a slump. But I agree they are candidates.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 am

Its a little hard for us fans to really know what our best side is as the ASS Hole of a manager keeps doing such silly things with our side. What other Manager that you know would split up one if not the best strike partners and play 2 guys of the same kind of style up front while the other best striker we have warms the bench

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am

C-MOB wrote:Do you know what Mills when I watch us play sometimes I can't believe we're top. We scrape results at the moment but I guess you need that to win titles. I think you boys are gonna go on a big run I think its due. As a Rangers fan I'm just waiting fir it to all come crashing down. Its all we've been used to the last 15 years.

If your boys stay fit you will piss this league. Your squad is a joke. So much fire power.

without wishing to sound like annis, you need to be able to manage the squad you have. so much fire power maybe, but how do you keep everyone happy. our back four is week as a unit, individually hudson and mccnaughton are playing superb, but we always concede.
that where you lot are different, you dont have to score 2 goals or even 3 to win a game.
we got 2 huge games coming up, swansea and forest away.
sunday is huge, win that and we are flying, lose it and we always seem to go on a 6 game bad run.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 am

milly44 wrote:
C-MOB wrote:Do you know what Mills when I watch us play sometimes I can't believe we're top. We scrape results at the moment but I guess you need that to win titles. I think you boys are gonna go on a big run I think its due. As a Rangers fan I'm just waiting fir it to all come crashing down. Its all we've been used to the last 15 years.

without wishing to sound like annis, you need to be able to manage the squad you have. so much fire power maybe, but how do you keep everyone happy. our back four is week as a unit, individually hudson and mccnaughton are playing superb, but we always concede.
that where you lot are different, you dont have to score 2 goals or even 3 to win a game.
we got 2 huge games coming up, swansea and forest away.
sunday is huge, win that and we are flying, lose it and we always seem to go on a 6 game bad run.

Wish not granted. You sound like Annis (just as Newport too). You do both, however, have a fair and valid point.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:15 am

I agree looking at some of DJ's tactics & selections astounds me sometimes & even his post match comments are unbelievable. He seems to like to shift the blame rather than take it on the chin. With regards him v Warnock its no contest really. But at the same time he has it all at his disposal.

I can't get my head around why you didn't bring in 2 good defenders in January. The Blackpool lad is obviously cover and not a starter so you have the same defence leaking goals. A freshen up would of done you a world of favours imho & kept players on their toes. But at the same time you have so much attacking prowess you should have enough to keep you in contention I'd say.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:19 am

C-MOB wrote:I agree looking at some of DJ's tactics & selections astounds me sometimes & even his post match comments are unbelievable. He seems to like to shift the blame rather than take it on the chin. With regards him v Warnock its no contest really. But at the same time he has it all at his disposal.

I can't get my head around why you didn't bring in 2 good defenders in January. The Blackpool lad is obviously cover and not a starter so you have the same defence leaking goals. A freshen up would of done you a world of favours imho & kept players on their toes. But at the same time you have so much attacking prowess you should have enough to keep you in contention I'd say.

so he comes across as a **** to people that dont even follow cardiff, or is it the vibes you pick up on here???

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:26 am

To be honest as an outsider I would hate him as a manager. Always has this smug face & a 'oh well we lost theirs always next week' type of attitude. I never see any passion in the man. I know people hate Warnock (I did) but when he's your own & you see how he defends the players & says it as it is you can only love him.

I used to rate Jones as a manager but the last 2 seasons I think this job is to big for him.

Just a personal opinion.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 am

C-MOB wrote:To be honest as an outsider I would hate him as a manager. Always has this smug face & a 'oh well we lost theirs always next week' type of attitude. I never see any passion in the man. I know people hate Warnock (I did) but when he's your own & you see how he defends the players & says it as it is you can only love him.

I used to rate Jones as a manager but the last 2 seasons I think this job is to big for him.

Just a personal opinion.

cant really disagree with that sadly :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 am

C-MOB wrote:To be honest as an outsider I would hate him as a manager. Always has this smug face & a 'oh well we lost theirs always next week' type of attitude. I never see any passion in the man. I know people hate Warnock (I did) but when he's your own & you see how he defends the players & says it as it is you can only love him.

Just a personal opinion.

Agreed, he does have this smug oh well theres always next time, if you dont win you'v still put your shift in thats life.
whoopsy daisy.
my names DJ and i'm english who gives a f**k :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:49 am

In a nutshell, Dave Jones is conceited & arrogant. However he is our manager & i will forgive him of these personal traits as long as he gets us promotion!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 am

Cmob I really fear that we won't make it. Yes we have an awesome squad but how can our players soar like Eagles when they are led by a Turkey. As for you you have a good side but you are led by a general and you WILL go up and in my opinion as champions. Any way are you still going to make a grand entrance in the Ninian lounge be good to put a face to your name Chief

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 am

Ninian as I say I'm just waiting for it to all come crashing down tbh. I rate & trust Warnock to the maximum but its just the Queens Park Rangers way to bollox things up. We have a hard month of we are still top 2 after this month I will really start to believe.

And YES I will be in the Ninian to meet my good pal Milly for a bevy (if he can handle it :lol: )

Looking forward to it already old stock. ;-)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 am

I think a lot will depend on this month for us - get 12 points form 6 games and we are right back in the mix. Less than that and I think it will be between Forest and Norwich to go up with you. I keep expecting you to slip up and you never do. The promoted sides will probably go up with the least number of points ever and you are already within touching distance of achieving them. For me 75 - 80 will do it as everyone keeps taking points of each other.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 am

C-MOB wrote:The more this season unfolds & I look over both of our forthcoming fixtures I really do think this game could be a title decider. I don't think it will go down to the last game with us having Leeds at home (not sure who you've got) as I think Leeds, Forest, Swansea will tail off in the next month.

I see Cardiff with your squad as the biggest threat. The game on April 23rd is gearing up to be massive.

Do you honestly think you will be there or there abouts when this game comes & how do you rate at home against the better teams?

I hope you're right C-MOB but at the moment I struggle to see it! I have been waiting for the 'big run' to start since our spectacular capitulation against the Jacks in early November. In truth, with a few exceptions since then, we have been dire! I'd love to think that our game at the CCS will be a 'title decider' but we've got to buck up-big time- way before then if we are to make the game any different from most of the games you guys will have in April!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 am

C-MOB wrote:Ninian as I say I'm just waiting for it to all come crashing down tbh. I rate & trust Warnock to the maximum but its just the Queens Park Rangers way to bollox things up. We have a hard month of we are still top 2 after this month I will really start to believe.

And YES I will be in the Ninian to meet my good pal Milly for a bevy (if he can handle it :lol: )Looking forward to it already old stock. ;-)

steady on!! :oops:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Problem is they have taken away the 12th man from our stadium and we have a Ass as manager.
it will all come to a head Sunday. ;)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Cheers Stan C-MOB QPR, Good debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: