Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nice 1 Seyi !

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 am

what is he on about here ..................... is he a closet Jack ?? :lol:

Seyi Olofinjana was on the losing side in November's meeting

Seyi Olofinjana has labelled Cardiff City's arch rivals Swansea City the "Chelsea" of the Championship.

The Swans are third having climbed the table playing an attractive brand of passing football, with Cardiff two points behind in fifth.
But Cardiff go into Sunday's meeting at the Liberty Stadium hoping to avoid losing both games in a season in the south Wales derby's 82-year history.
"I don't want to see that happen in my time," said on-loan Olofinjana.
"We will give our best towards making sure it stays the same."
Swansea beat Cardiff 1-0 in the November meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium thanks to on-loan striker Marvin Enmes' solo strike.
But both sides are very much in the hunt for automatic promotion to the Premier League with just 10 points separating the top six.
Swansea are currently a point behind second-placed Norwich City and six points behind leaders Queens Park Rangers.
Cardiff, last season's beaten Championship play-off finalists, are on 48 points so trail their Welsh neighbours by two points as they also battle for a place in the top two.
Brendan Rodgers' Swans have won three successive league matches at the Liberty Stadium without conceding a goal.
Dave Jones' men are unbeaten in four but have not won away since 13 November, and the Bluebirds travel to Swansea without a win in Wales' second city since 1997.
"As a team, I don't think we want to look at it as a derby, we want to look at it as one of the games we play in the season," said Olofinjana, who is on a season-long loan from Hull City.
"We know very well it's going to be a difficult game because of the attention the game is going to bring.

They are fantastic ball jugglers and very, very wonderful players, but they are beatable
Seyi Olofinjana
"I've been privileged to have played in a few derbies and I know what to expect. The game itself is more for the fans.
"We try to tell ourselves to play the game not the occasion. It's a pride thing, a commanding thing, so you can understand the frustration if it doesn't go the way they want the game to go."
And Olofinjana knows Swansea will be ready for whatever the Bluebirds throw at them.
"I think they've got a very wonderful team. They pass the ball very well, they are set in their ways and they know what they want to do and they do it very, very well," he added.
"Without giving too much away, I would say they are the Chelsea of the division in the way they go about everything.
"They are fantastic ball jugglers and very, very wonderful players, but they are beatable."

Re: Nice 1 Seyi !

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 am

he must be really thick! The only thing they have in common is the word 'sea' in their name :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 am

Olofinjana, you are a COCK!! Its DJ who has installed this mentality in our players.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:58 am

They are getting brainwashed by Dave Jones. If Dave Jones shows no passion to win then it filters down to the players. Only positive is we have Bellamy to counteract Dave Jones

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 am

The good old days down the Vetch of a City goalscorer climbing onto the fence at the away end to celebrate wil never be seen again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 am

Vintage 63 wrote:The good old days down the Vetch of a City goalscorer climbing onto the fence at the away end to celebrate wil never be seen again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

With quotes like this, I'd be surprised if we ever score down there again never mind celebrate it, as we might hurt their chances of going up. Quite unbelievable :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:21 am

I meant quotes like Seyi's not your mate...

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:27 am

FFS - I know DJ wants to play this game down and has obviously told the players to do likewise but I think just saying "they are promotion and local rivals who are doing well and we will have to be at our best" would have sufficed here!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:21 am

Vintage 63 wrote:what is he on about here ..................... is he a closet Jack ?? :lol:

Seyi Olofinjana was on the losing side in November's meeting

Seyi Olofinjana has labelled Cardiff City's arch rivals Swansea City the "Chelsea" of the Championship.

The Swans are third having climbed the table playing an attractive brand of passing football, with Cardiff two points behind in fifth.
But Cardiff go into Sunday's meeting at the Liberty Stadium hoping to avoid losing both games in a season in the south Wales derby's 82-year history.
"I don't want to see that happen in my time," said on-loan Olofinjana.
"We will give our best towards making sure it stays the same."
Swansea beat Cardiff 1-0 in the November meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium thanks to on-loan striker Marvin Enmes' solo strike.
But both sides are very much in the hunt for automatic promotion to the Premier League with just 10 points separating the top six.
Swansea are currently a point behind second-placed Norwich City and six points behind leaders Queens Park Rangers.
Cardiff, last season's beaten Championship play-off finalists, are on 48 points so trail their Welsh neighbours by two points as they also battle for a place in the top two.
Brendan Rodgers' Swans have won three successive league matches at the Liberty Stadium without conceding a goal.
Dave Jones' men are unbeaten in four but have not won away since 13 November, and the Bluebirds travel to Swansea without a win in Wales' second city since 1997.
"As a team, I don't think we want to look at it as a derby, we want to look at it as one of the games we play in the season," said Olofinjana, who is on a season-long loan from Hull City.
"We know very well it's going to be a difficult game because of the attention the game is going to bring.

They are fantastic ball jugglers and very, very wonderful players, but they are beatable
Seyi Olofinjana
"I've been privileged to have played in a few derbies and I know what to expect. The game itself is more for the fans.
"We try to tell ourselves to play the game not the occasion. It's a pride thing, a commanding thing, so you can understand the frustration if it doesn't go the way they want the game to go."
And Olofinjana knows Swansea will be ready for whatever the Bluebirds throw at them.
"I think they've got a very wonderful team. They pass the ball very well, they are set in their ways and they know what they want to do and they do it very, very well," he added.
"Without giving too much away, I would say they are the Chelsea of the division in the way they go about everything.
"They are fantastic ball jugglers and very, very wonderful players, but they are beatable."

What the hell is going on here????? Everytime we play the jacks we come out with praise for them!! I don't see anything coming the other way. Yet again it seems our club has got the build up all wrong!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:38 pm

What about Pratley and his bath over-flowing incident.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

i think a lot of these games are mental battles and we always loose them because we always play them down :(

would love a player who hates swansea as much as tate hates cardiff

DO WE WANT TO WIN THIS GAME ??????????.............................................. because i do :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

think we need a sam type or character in the dressingroom pumping them up before the game and :ayatollah: letting the players know how mutch it means to us the fans

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:58 pm

stupid c**t! chelsea. hahahahaha!! :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

thats what came 2 my mind. i think he done the right thing make them feel pleased and confidant. (like pratly done 2 us) and we will go out and destroy them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Oly just wants to be a jack , with that sort of attitude he can get himself on the next train to liberty.
experienced international player scare mongerin his own side before derby day

Rule #4 : on no occasion no matter how good a performance or player, do you give credit to the jack scum. for scum are scum and will never be good. they have no good players, they have no good team. they are not above us in the legue only tempory.
we will always do better.