Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I Would leave Whitts out Sunday

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:39 am

Never seems to be up for a battle

Excellent Distribution etc but we need some grafters on Sunday & he would be a luxury in my opinion

Re: I Would leave Whitts out Sunday

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 am

Spot on!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 am

Totally agree he doesn't offer anything at moment, he doesn't get stuck in, he doesn't want the ball, he's slow and doesn't track back put him on the bench for a few games maybe it will give him the kick up the arse he needs

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 am

Everyone says how he can make killer passes ala Leeds match, fair enough - except if we had played a grafter in his place, we mightve controlled that matched and not needed late killer passes.

I'd leave him out definitely. I don't like having to play Oli, but we must.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:50 am

This board is for all opinions and mine is quite different to the ones above. I think Whitts is class with vision and passing plus he does do his fair share of the donkey work. Personally I would put him back on the left-wing from where he got all those goals last term and he would also offer more defensive support for the happless Naylor.

I would then move Bellamy along side Bothroyd.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 am

Yes, Whitts is class, but he has barely featured recently and I think we need to be a bit more physical on Sunday. I can't see how starting him ahead of Chopra will add anything. He can always come off the bench.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:Yes, Whitts is class, but he has barely featured recently and I think we need to be a bit more physical on Sunday. I can't see how starting him ahead of Chopra will add anything. He can always come off the bench.

Chops is a great player and works his socks off, but strikers are judged by goals and on that score he is erratic and not prolific enough needing 5 chances to every goal.

Bellamy is more clinical but does contribute to the problem of Naylor on the left by not getting back and helping out enough. Whitts natural position is Left-Wing and returning him there might solve 2 problems with one stone; more support for Naylor and a kick start for Whitts' season.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:50 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebird1962 wrote:Yes, Whitts is class, but he has barely featured recently and I think we need to be a bit more physical on Sunday. I can't see how starting him ahead of Chopra will add anything. He can always come off the bench.

Chops is a great player and works his socks off, but strikers are judged by goals and on that score he is erratic and not prolific enough needing 5 chances to every goal.

Bellamy is more clinical but does contribute to the problem of Naylor on the left by not getting back and helping out enough. Whitts natural position is Left-Wing and returning him there might solve 2 problems with one stone; more support for Naylor and a kick start for Whitts' season.

I agree regarding Whitts being played out of position, but Bellamy doesn't look comfortable through the middle to me - he doesn't seem to make the sort of runs that Chopra does that opens up spaces for Jay and to me is better off going past full backs and supplying the ammunition. Chopra may need to be more clinical, but in the past he has proved he is a big game player and this is a big game. I agree too that Bellamy not tracking back is also a problem, but Naylor must surely counter that by not pushing up too far and being caught out of position time after time - he is a LB after all and not a left winger.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 am

he leave him out, you dont know wether he'll turn up and play, bottles out of challenges, shit house!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm

totally disagree with the statement made that strikers are judged on the goals they score, yes that is a major contribution but trust me chopra movement is the best in this division he was the one who turned tuesday's game around, who was the one who harresed the keeper into the bad kick out for our goal and yes he misses chances, but at least he is in the right place at the right time and that too me is what all good strikers have instinct, just my opinion,

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

binero wrote:totally disagree with the statement made that strikers are judged on the goals they score, yes that is a major contribution but trust me chopra movement is the best in this division he was the one who turned tuesday's game around, who was the one who harresed the keeper into the bad kick out for our goal and yes he misses chances, but at least he is in the right place at the right time and that too me is what all good strikers have instinct, just my opinion,

We can't go into a game this important with one striker. Chops simply MUST play alongside Jay - agree he changed the game on Tuesday and created loads of space with his runs; something for all his talent Bellamy doesn't do when played through the middle.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Never seems to be up for a battle

Excellent Distribution etc but we need some grafters on Sunday & he would be a luxury in my opinion

Agreed. Ramsey and Oli in middle.

swap Kev Mc for naylor

upfront bellamy, bothroyd, chops, JET

Win.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:40 pm

DJ wont leave out his love child whitts, he wont leave out naylor either,watch!! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:This board is for all opinions and mine is quite different to the ones above. I think Whitts is class with vision and passing plus he does do his fair share of the donkey work. Personally I would put him back on the left-wing from where he got all those goals last term and he would also offer more defensive support for the happless Naylor.

I would then move Bellamy along side Bothroyd.

totally agree............ football is all about opinions...... i think whitts is class, his vision and passing is 2nd to none..... no hes not a grafter, he wont get stuck in and hit the opposition up in the air, but hes always available to pick the ball up and keep it moving...... as i said its all opinions but i think hes great... :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Never seems to be up for a battle

Definitely with you there! I'll have money on him getting substituted at some point, bit of a luxury at times -

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

he needs a kick up the ass, like 8 or 9 of our players

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 pm

I dont agree I think Whitts is of the most the most skillful players we have, yes he is very relaxed but his passes and crosses are great I am shocked why so many people dont like him on here.

Jones has changed his possition from last season but then people were having a go at him last season and if it was not for whitts last year we would have not been in the play offs he is a midfielder who scored 20+ goals

But then we all have different views

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:24 pm

whitts left mid, bellamy right mid seems the obvious solution

although i laugh at the implication that olofinjana is is any way a grafter, he is just as weak in the tackle as whittingham and with his size there is no excuses

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:although i laugh at the implication that olofinjana is is any way a grafter, he is just as weak in the tackle as whittingham and with his size there is no excuses

Fair point, but Oli HAS been strong in the tackle earilier in the season. All a question of him regaining that form