Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL 35-40 POINTS

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 am

Out of our remaining fixtures i have predicated that we should get between 35 & 40 points !!!

That will give us between 83 - 88 points

Will that be enough for automatic promotion or playoffs ?

Or will we miss out all together which will surely see the end of dave jones' reign as CARDIFF CITY manager :?: :?: :?:

Re: WILL 35-40 POINTS

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:08 am

Thats an average of just over two points from all our remaining games. On current form, & with DJ, i don't think so.
If i was a brave man, & in controll of City, DJ would have up untill Sundays result to answer for. If we loose, then he goes, simple init?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 am

At xmas time i predicted our remaining fixtures and and come up with a total of 85 pooints which i think will be enough for an auto spot.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:18 am

It's been emotional wrote:Out of our remaining fixtures i have predicated that we should get between 35 & 40 points !!!

Or will we miss out all together which will surely see the end of dave jones' reign as CARDIFF CITY manager :?: :?: :?:

The lowest points total to get automatic promotion in the last 10 years was 79 by Stoke City, the next lowest was WBA with 81 the same season as Stoke. The average 2nd place points total is 84 to get automatic so your pretty much spot on.

All we have to do is get the points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 am

Went through remaining games last night with the view that if we are a team that gets auto promotion what results should we be getting. Got to 93 points with a draw against jacks, only defeat to forest and a good home record. Revised 3 away wins to draws to settle on 87 points. However, since November we haven't played like a team that is going to get auto promotion so up to the team to step up and start getting the results they should be getting if they want to play in the premiership.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:02 pm

what we gotta remember is, nobody is really romping away with this and there's been some odd results so far, lets just take it 1 game at a time, anything can happen in this league and any team and fall away in the last handful of games.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 pm

But you must agree that some games are 3 point bankers like scunthorpe home
Anything less is 3 points dropped end of

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

It's been emotional wrote:But you must agree that some games are 3 point bankers like scunthorpe home
Anything less is 3 points dropped end of

You would think so wouldn't you!!! ;)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 pm

It's been emotional wrote:Out of our remaining fixtures i have predicated that we should get between 35 & 40 points !!!

Based on our ratio to date we will finish on 78.

This time last year we had exactly the same points but one game in hand.

This does not take into account the amazing run we are about to go on starting on Sunday :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

last season after 28 games we had 45 points & a g/d of plus 18. We are currently on 48 points & a g/d of plus 12.
make of that what you will.