Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BIPOLAR YEARS

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:30 am

Has Dave Jones the mental strength to get City promoted..Only time will tell. Results over the last three years have been Bizarre to say the least. A run of Superb results followed by a run of disastrous results.Inexplicable decisions , euphoria to depression every season. I like Dave Jones he is a decent bloke but has it become all to much for him. Instinctive risky decisions are not part of his profile. Everything is safe with Jones, within his comfoft zone. He will become withdrawn or angry when faced with criticism. Words like. Tired. Nervous. Siege. Dig deep are always used when under pressure and I am sure this gets to the team and the crowd. Massive extremes time and time again. Does he have any support in Terry Burton , I think not. Promotion will depend on his state of mind Dr jekyll or Mr Hyde ???

Re: THE BIPOLAR YEARS

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:47 am

Alas, i think not. Dj's best chance of promotion was last season. this leason is his last chance season, & i get the impression that he [DJ] is already counting down the days. A leopard never changes his spots!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Alas, i think not. Dj's best chance of promotion was last season. this leason is his last chance season, & i get the impression that he [DJ] is already counting down the days. A leopard never changes his spots!

Totally agree :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Having said that, would Mandaric want him???

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I believe that DJ is not up for the fight and has resigned himself to the fact that he is unable to maintain an automatic promotion place.

He is a wealthy man now and knows that even if he fails he will walk away with a further £800,000.