Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SCOTTS, YOUNG GUNS "

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 am

We are arranging a bucket collection for the YOUNG GUNS at the QPR game, we will need to call a meeting before this and ask for ideas and volunteers to make this a success.

I was thinking of a slogan for adverts such as

SCOTTS YOUNG GUNS________________________ SHOOTING FOR THE TOP.

Or any thing that catches the thought, help me be the next Aaron Ramsey etc. get your thinking caps on.
We can help to make the future bright. :ayatollah:

Re: SCOTTS, YOUNG GUNS

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 am

players on 20k per week billionair investors and we need the fans pennys to help it dont make sence the rich get richer the poor get even skinter,im all one for donatation but whats it all about when we got what ive said above,the club need to look at them selfs in the mirrior if you ask me :?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:15 am

I sponsor the academy foundation. Cost £9.75 per month. Why not sign up for that? No need for bucket collections, just show some regular commitment.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:40 am

del boy wrote:I sponsor the academy foundation. Cost £9.75 per month. Why not sign up for that? No need for bucket collections, just show some regular commitment.

10 % of that goes to the academy. Nothing else

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 pm

I think you have missed the point. This isn't aimed at the academy, Scotts team deals with kids at all ages and all levels from grass roots up. This money raised is to enable Scott to find and develop more talent throughout the area.
This can only benefit Cardiff City in the long run but also have a knock on effect to benefit all of Welsh football as a whole.

The vast majority of kids that get into and under this training umbrella will learn skills that will benefit them and filter through all levels.

as for asking the rich players to pay for it, if we all took that attitude in life then the ordinary person would always sit back and say leave it to the rich people to help. Luckily a lot of us don't share those sentiments and are prepared to help out and put something back no matter how small.

I support several charities far more deserving in need than one to encourage football development,but being as it is the sport I love and I think that kids should be encouraged to participate and reach their full potential rather than waste their time burning dustbins and making a nuisance of themselves.

No one is forcing anyone to do something they don't want to do, if you prefer to leave it to others then its your choice, Karma though is a great leveler.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Ive signed up monthly for the Young Guns , so Gwyn how basically is the money collected and forwarded to Scott and how is it distibuted . I mean are there tax issues involved , exactly how and where does our funding go and where does Scott get his basic salary from etc ?? Thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Scotts centres run with no funding from the clubs coffers or so I believe. I think most of their money comes from lotto grants sports aid and council support etc but also from contributions the kids and their families pay for the training sessions aat some of the schemes.

They are a registered charity and what we have asked Scott to do is highlight projects that he would like to run, it may be supplying training kit, balls posts nets etc. it may be hiring facilities etc, they have an infra structure in place and eny monies will go directly to improving and adding to this structure.

All the monies raised will go directly to the scheme, several of us involved have made a commitment to personally cover any cost such as advertising postage etc.But we want everyone to see where their money is going to be used.
We intend doing a road show and taking Scott and some of his team plus some of the older retired ex players around clubs and halls in the location to spread the word and have a good social get together whilst raising funding at the same time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 pm

del boy wrote:I sponsor the academy foundation. Cost £9.75 per month. Why not sign up for that? No need for bucket collections, just show some regular commitment.

" YOUNG GUNS " CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
There are No expenses whatsoever taken out of This Fund 100% goes to the Development Centres that Feed Our Accademy.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SCOTTS, YOUNG GUNS "

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:We are arranging a bucket collection for the YOUNG GUNS at the QPR game, we will need to call a meeting before this and ask for ideas and volunteers to make this a success.

I was thinking of a slogan for adverts such as

SCOTTS YOUNG GUNS SHOOTING FOR THE TOP.

Or any thing that catches the thought, help me be the next Aaron Ramsey etc. get your thinking caps on.
We can help to make the future bright. :ayatollah:

I don't think you will improve on that slogan.