Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any Langston or Sam updates ??

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:38 pm

All seems quiet on the western front here ............. Im sure it was mentioned in dispatches that this episode had come to a conclusion , but obviously not . Any news ?? :ayatollah:

Re: Any Langston or Sam updates ??

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Had a good chat with him Tuesday and meeting him next week when he comes to London for a short while. He is in regular conversation and text speak with TG and reading between the lines it still about negotiating because at the end of the day it's not just Sam/langstons and the Malaysians that re involved and there are other parties with a say and financial holding in the City.

What he has said is that TG really has got the bug and is full of questions about football and is a fast learner, again reading between lines it would seem that VT whilst still the main man is again allowing TG to be far more involved, to me it seems that TG was the catalyst then VT became more involved and TG appeared to be put into the backseat for a while, but now he is being allowed to have more say and involvement yet again.

I'm not pretending to understand how the Malaysians work, but someone with as much power and other interests as VT must have, will have so many projects on the go at one time he will obviously enjoy all the good parts to the full and let others do the donkey work, I think most of us would take that option given the chance.

Also being football which is unlike any other business, I'm sure people with that much power can't understand how success isn't a nailed on certainty no matter how much money you have or how hard you stamp your feet.

To finish, I'm very optimistic, but I'm sure getting promotion or not this season will make one hell of a difference, on and off the pitch.