Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Playing right into Ridsdale's hands.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 am

I hope there isn't a demonstration against Peter Ridsdale and the board at Tuesday night's game. People talk about our Chairman being like a politician, well, when a politician starts to play the race card, as Peter Ridsdale has seemingly done this morning, it is usually a sign of desperation - Ridsdale is on the ropes right now.

However, another thing this morning's stories in the Sunday Express and Daily Star on Sunday show is that Peter Ridsdale has access to the media which those doing the demonstrating will not have - he will be able to spin the reaction to any demonstration to his heart's content and, given the reputation that City supporters still have with the national media, they will go along with him all the way.

Surely it would be better to wait a while and use our Chairman's spin against him? He is on record as having said

"We will be bringing in new players this month, I can guarantee that.

I would go so far as to say that come January 31, we will be holding a press conference to parade the players we have brought in during the month"

in the Echo on 6 January, while on 8 January he told Wales Online

"In discussions with HMRC at the end of December 2009, we confirmed that we would pay monies owing to them by the end of January 2010. HMRC booked a backstop date of 10th February 2010 to go back to court if for any reason we had not been able to fulfil our obligations to pay by the end of January.

We have every confidence that all monies owing to HMRC will have been repaid by the end of January".

We play Doncaster at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday 30 January and Peterborough there on Tuesday 9 February, surely one of those two games is better suited for any sort of supporter action rather than a game that will be played a fortnight before the transfer window closes and the date by which Peter Ridsdale tells us the tax debt will be played?

I am not anti a demonstration by any means - if our Chairman doesn't deliver on the promises I have outlined above then I would certainly join in with one for the Peterborough match but let's not give him the chance to continue his tactic of trying to paint the very people who he was thanking a fortnight ago for buying season tickets as the villains of the piece here.

Wouldn't it be best to support the Trust in their request for an EGM for now and wait a little while until Peter Ridsdale has been proved to be unable to deliver on his public promises?

Re: Playing right into Ridsdale's hands.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 am

Bob.

To me that makes complete sense.

Well done for putting it so clearly.

One other thing I'd like to add is that in the chance that there still are interested parties looking at the club a demo at this point might spook them into withdrawing their interest and we'll be stuck with the position we are in now.

Cool heads and go through the proper channels for the next 2 weeks, and if that doesnt work then there will be MASSIVE and WHOLE-HEARTED support for a demo form the majority of fans.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:31 am

Seconded we HAVE to up our game with Ridsdale and stop falling for the obvious traps.

Excellent post by TOBW and Lawnmower who are rapidly turning into the best posters on this and any MB.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 am

Bob,

I've alsways said give him January to see if he delivers and certainly think this moment in time is wrong for a demo. but...... having read that article this morning I now have no time for Peter Ridsdale and the sooner he is out of our club the better.

To pull the race card as reason for fans being angry at him is about as low as a snake the man can go and couple it with the fact is it total fabrication.

He has to go that one statement he has made could jeopardise the very future of our club, Steele a possible investor and an Englishman reading about Ridsdale being hounded out because he is English?? the same for the possible Malayasian investment.

The man has to go and NOW!!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 am

The bad feeling against Ridsdale is escalating, whilst his comments in today's papers will merely induce ridicule and contempt throughout Britain. Everyone in football knows Ridsdale is an incompetent, deceitful buffoon, to suggest we should not demonstrate immediately I simply cannot agree with. Anyone with a brain cell will be aware of why we are demonstrating, not because he is English, but that our club is on its knees, something the whole of Britain, fans of all clubs and certainly the media, know only too well because of his inglorious past. He has effectively tarnished all Cardiff City fans as racist xenophobes, clearly ground for questioning his suitability to be running the club on its own, never mind the catalogue of evidence that illustrates the severity of our financial problems that he is responsible for. The only reason people want Ridsdale out is because he has already been proven to be an incompetent liar, the sooner he and the owners are aware of how much we want him out of the club cannot come soon or more powerful enough.

Waiting is not an option because investors will not invest whilst he is here. If we wait, administration is the only place we will go, at least if he goes soon, it gives us a chance of the Malaysians re-ingniting their interest, waiting for nature to take its course will merely take us into administration, a relegation dog-fight and possibly much worse.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:47 am

saladthedragon wrote:The bad feeling against Ridsdale is escalating, whilst his comments in today's papers will merely induce ridicule and contempt throughout Britain. Everyone in football knows Ridsdale is an incompetent, deceitful buffoon, to suggest we should not demonstrate immediately I simply cannot agree with. Anyone with a brain cell will be aware of why we are demonstrating, not because he is English, but that our club is on its knees, something the whole of Britain, fans of all clubs and certainly the media, know only too well because of his inglorious past. He has effectively tarnished all Cardiff City fans as racist xenophobes, clearly ground for questioning his suitability to be running the club on its own, never mind the catalogue of evidence that illustrates the severity of our financial problems that he is responsible for. The only reason people want Ridsdale out is because he has already been proven to be an incompetent liar, the sooner he and the owners are aware of how much we want him out of the club cannot come soon or more powerful enough.

Waiting is not an option because investors will not invest whilst he is here. If we wait, administration is the only place we will go, at least if he goes soon, it gives us a chance of the Malaysians re-ingniting their interest, waiting for nature to take its course will merely take us into administration, a relegation dog-fight and possibly much worse.

The reason Ridsdale puts bait like this out there, is he knows the idiots will bite straight away. Play the long game use his own statements against him come the end of January. Move now and you give him the immeadate get out clause that January is not out and the motivation for any Demo was an anti-English sentiment.

Oh and BTW Ridsdale just to back his claims up produces several abusive Emails from fans including SaladtheDragon and the Baker boy.

Smart up for Christ sake

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:51 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:The bad feeling against Ridsdale is escalating, whilst his comments in today's papers will merely induce ridicule and contempt throughout Britain. Everyone in football knows Ridsdale is an incompetent, deceitful buffoon, to suggest we should not demonstrate immediately I simply cannot agree with. Anyone with a brain cell will be aware of why we are demonstrating, not because he is English, but that our club is on its knees, something the whole of Britain, fans of all clubs and certainly the media, know only too well because of his inglorious past. He has effectively tarnished all Cardiff City fans as racist xenophobes, clearly ground for questioning his suitability to be running the club on its own, never mind the catalogue of evidence that illustrates the severity of our financial problems that he is responsible for. The only reason people want Ridsdale out is because he has already been proven to be an incompetent liar, the sooner he and the owners are aware of how much we want him out of the club cannot come soon or more powerful enough.

The reason Ridsdale puts bait like this out there, is he knows the idiots will bite straight away. Play the long game use his own statements against him come the end of January. Move now and you give him the immeadate get out clause that January is not out and the motivation for any Demo was an anti-English sentiment.

Oh and BTW Ridsdale just to back his claims up produces several abusive Emails from fans including SaladtheDragon and the Baker boy.

Smart up for Christ sake

Tony

surely the board and major shareholders should deal with this now and not us fans
I would have thought with those comments there would be some sort of breach of his employment with the club.
time for the board and shareholders to flex their muscles not us

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:55 am

Tony, you seem to be losing the plot a bit mate. I've ignored your personal jibes till now, whilst backslappng mower and Bob simply because they agree with you is rather embarrassing mate and making you look foolish, which I don't believe you are. I very much appreciate the views of mower and Bob, and I can say that as somone who dos not always agree with them, but unlike you they will not respond with personal abuse and will debate issues articulately. Take note, otherwise perhaps you should stay on the other board?

The huge majority of football fans throughout Britain will have symathy for us because they know only too well how dangerous Ridsdale is. Unlike those City fans who have been taken in by his spin, they have known all along as to how dangerous and incompetent he is whilst the Press are fully aware too. Playing the waiting game is playing with time we do not have.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 am

Smart up for Christ sake

Abusive ?? both email you refer to I would hardly term as abusive, unless I'd lived in a shell for the past 34 years. And neither emails refer to him being English.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:57 am

Completely agree, Steve. This for me is the major issue and has the potential to be a Hicks Jnr moment. He has effectively tarnished all City suporters as racist xenophobes, quite how he can remain in charge and have the audacity to play the victim card when he is the perpetrator I'm not quite sure.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 am

saladthedragon wrote:Tony, you seem to be losing the plot a bit mate. I've ignored your personal jibes till now, whilst backslappng mower and Bob simply because they agree with you is rather embarrassing mate and making you look foolish, which I don't believe you are. I very much appreciate the views of mower and Bob, and I can say that as somone who dos not always agree with them, but unlike you they will not respond with personal abuse and will debate issues articulately. Take note, otherwise perhaps you should stay on the other board?

The huge majority of football fans throughout Britain will have symathy for us because they know only too well how dangerous Ridsdale is. Unlike those City fans who have been taken in by his spin, they have known all along as to how dangerous and incompetent he is whilst the Press are fully aware too. Playing the waiting game is playing with time we do not have.

Losing the plot? Personal abuse Look foolish? Personal abuse Stay off this board? Intimatdation

Before lecturing I think you should look at what you post. The above will be reported to Annis as its not fair comment but personal abuse and sniping.

Your Email to Ridsdale was very personal and abusive because it replied 90% on assumptions (£6m of next years money spent, how do you know that?). Now today an article appears in the National press allowing Ridsdale to play the victim card.

Co-incidence or not?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:11 am

Humphry's wrote:Abusive ?? both email you refer to I would hardly term as abusive, unless I'd lived in a shell for the past 34 years. And neither emails refer to him being English.

If I called you an incompentant crook based on assumptions you wouldn't find that abusive?

Salad's Email would be deeply personal and insulting if you were the person receiving it. Read it again

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 am

Humphry's wrote:Abusive ?? both email you refer to I would hardly term as abusive, unless I'd lived in a shell for the past 34 years. And neither emails refer to him being English.

If I called you an incompentant crook based on assumptions you wouldn't find that abusive?

Salad's Email would be deeply personal and insulting if you were the person receiving it. Read it again

:lol: i'm thick skinned Tony I honestly wouldnt find that abusive but agree thats not how everyone may feel.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:14 am

Please do Tony. Sad that it has come to this. I have ignored your barbs, one of which was to refer to me as a numpty, the above suggesting I'm an "idiot" and need to "Smart up for Christs sake" yet as soon as I respond without even being abusive, you are affronted. Also, yes my e-mails to Peter were personal because seeing my football club being taken to the brink of administration and possibly worse due to his mismanagement is a personal issue to me and I'm sure most if not all Cardiff City supporters as a whole. Lets try and stay on the big issue here guys, Ridsdale's lies and incompetence. I see he's already trying to claim misquotation...

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:16 am

steve davies wrote:Tony

surely the board and major shareholders should deal with this now and not us fans
I would have thought with those comments there would be some sort of breach of his employment with the club.
time for the board and shareholders to flex their muscles not us

Steve,

Excellent that's the way we need to be thinking. The Trust should now go above the Chairman's head and make an official complaint to the other board members on behalf of its members.

(Note to Trust Members, Email the Chairman express your thoughts that this should be done)

What we don't need is Ridsdale given a get out of jail free card by fans Emailing any more abuse to him which only gives his comments creadence.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:19 am

saladthedragon wrote:Please do Tony. Sad that it has come to this. I have ignored your barbs, one of which was to refer to me as a numpty, the above suggesting I'm an "idiot" and need to "Smart up for Christs sake" yet as soon as I respond without even being abusive, you are affronted. Also, yes my e-mails to Peter were personal because seeing my football club being taken to the brink of administration and possibly worse due to his mismanagement is a personal issue to me and I'm sure most if not all Cardiff City supporters as a whole. Lets try and stay on the big issue here guys, Ridsdale's lies and incompetence. I see he's already trying to claim misquotation...

I have never called you a numpty, the idoits refernce was to fans in general not you personally and smart up for christ sake is a fair comment not an insult.

All your reference to me were direct including one telling me to leave this board.

If you truly love Cardiff City then please take a back seat and don't Email Ridsdale again.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 am

Excellent that's the way we need to be thinking. The Trust should now go above the Chairman's head and make an official complaint to the other board members on behalf of its members.

A complaint on behalf of the members about what?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:22 am

saladthedragon wrote:Waiting is not an option because investors will not invest whilst he is here. If we wait, administration is the only place we will go, at least if he goes soon, it gives us a chance of the Malaysians re-ingniting their interest, waiting for nature to take its course will merely take us into administration, a relegation dog-fight and possibly much worse.

Do you think there is any chance of us going into administration before the end of this month? Do you think there is any chance of a takeover being completed before the end of this month? Based on the info we have at the moment, my answer to both those questions would be no, so I don't see what will be lost by waiting until we reach a stage where a demonstration could be justified far more than it can be now.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:28 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:Waiting is not an option because investors will not invest whilst he is here. If we wait, administration is the only place we will go, at least if he goes soon, it gives us a chance of the Malaysians re-ingniting their interest, waiting for nature to take its course will merely take us into administration, a relegation dog-fight and possibly much worse.

Do you think there is any chance of us going into administration before the end of this month? Do you think there is any chance of a takeover being completed before the end of this month? Based on the info we have at the moment, my answer to both those questions would be no, so I don't see what will be lost by waiting until we reach a stage where a demonstration could be justified far more than it can be now.

Agreed on both counts.

And how stupid would it look if we had a demo and then 2 weeks later PR pulls a rabbit out of the hat, using the proceeds of the ST money and sale of a player or 2 to bring in 4 new players who would add more to the squad than we are losing.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility. We've waited this long, 2 weeks more wont hurt and I think that the support for a demo if things arent sorted in the next to week will multiply many times compared to what is there now.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 pm

I agree with Bob on this and think that any protests should be held back until January is over and if PR does not deliver then it is full out demos and protests

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:37 pm

I've made my stand on this and still stand by it. My stand being all we can demonstrate against is the failure of the club to bring in new players when the transfer window closes. As far as I'm concerned that is the only argument as fans we will have. That means we should only demonstrate after the window closes.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Interesting that both Jones and Ridsdale have been having a little pop at the fans in the press recently.

How to make friends and influence people.

Not good psychology on their part when both of them are in increasingly precarious positions.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
the other Bob Wilson wrote:

Agreed on both counts.

And how stupid would it look if we had a demo and then 2 weeks later PR pulls a rabbit out of the hat, using the proceeds of the ST money and sale of a player or 2 to bring in 4 new players who would add more to the squad than we are losing.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility. We've waited this long, 2 weeks more wont hurt and I think that the support for a demo if things arent sorted in the next to week will multiply many times compared to what is there now.

Pulls a rabbit out of the hat? Where from?

People can delay, delay, delay. All that does is make the situation within the club even worse.

The pressure is clearly getting to Ridsdale - yet again, media misquoting him - funny that. No doubt he'll sue given he'll never get an apology, right?

Ridsdale absolutely 100% has to go. If for nothing else, simply to then give PMG's part in things greater exposure.

It's pointless to claim we should only protest if no players come in; we've already the proof we've been lied to consistently - Ridsdale claiming HMRC bill may be paid this week, the bill he claimed had already been paid?

At this point in time, apathy isn't an option.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Agreed on both counts.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility. We've waited this long, 2 weeks more wont hurt and I think that the support for a demo if things arent sorted in the next to week will multiply many times compared to what is there now.[/quote]

Pulls a rabbit out of the hat? Where from?

People can delay, delay, delay. All that does is make the situation within the club even worse.

The pressure is clearly getting to Ridsdale - yet again, media misquoting him - funny that. No doubt he'll sue given he'll never get an apology, right?

Ridsdale absolutely 100% has to go. If for nothing else, simply to then give PMG's part in things greater exposure.

It's pointless to claim we should only protest if no players come in; we've already the proof we've been lied to consistently - Ridsdale claiming HMRC bill may be paid this week, the bill he claimed had already been paid?

At this point in time, apathy isn't an option.[/quote]

I've already told you one possible way he could do it.

Its not a case of delaying. In any case if you want to do it properly it'll take a couple of weeks to organise.
Its a case of making sure your case isn't going to back-fire.

Its also not just a case of the players coming in we need to see that the clubs finances have been sorted and the EGM/aGM should be just the right thing for that.

We are all frustrated mate. Me as much as anyone, which is why I've spent so much time over the last few weeks back and for on the boards looking for some good news. The first thing I thought of this morning was, 'where has the premier seat money gone'.

But we can put a firm line in the sand here and put the pressure on without making things worse, or playing into his hands.

Its your choice. I've regretted jumping in without thinking too many times in the past to add one more to the list.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:25 pm

And given Ridsdale's history, I doubt even an EGM would necessarily solve anything. The lies have been mounting up for so long I doubt having to make statements under oath would even phase him one iota. Indeed, I'd expect him to not attend the EGM due to being ill / having urgent talks with investors...

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Great post Bob i totally agree with all your points end of the month is D Day

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Seconded we HAVE to up our game with Ridsdale and stop falling for the obvious traps.

Excellent post by TOBW and Lawnmower who are rapidly turning into the best posters on this and any MB.

I think Annis and Owain are the best posters.
:angel7: :3some:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Humphry's wrote:

:lol: i'm thick skinned Tony I honestly wouldnt find that abusive but agree thats not how everyone may feel.

:lol: :lol: You're not thick skinned, you stormed off the other board because people were being mean about rugby! :lol: :lol: :lol: